Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    This fight was just...perfect.

I say this because most incarnations of Shredder is able to defeat four mutated turtle warriors with little problems. Only Splinter is able to take him down. Batman should be right on their level. I completely agree with the Animated Movie's Interpretation. (Both fights)

I thought True/Demon Shredder was a great idea and not removed from original all that much. The first Shredder was a giant Yōkai that was terrorizing Japan. A Hero named Oroku Saki managed to defeat him but Shredder promised Saki unlimited power if it could merge with his soul. Saki agreed and they merged into True Shredder.

I found it less removed from the character compared to Utrom Shredder (A Krang controlling Samurai Armor.)
    ch'rell, the ultrom shredder, only took the name because the shredder was a terrifying legend and he took advantage of that.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    wait. which original you talking about: original as in "true" stredder or original as "ultrom" shredder?
    I'm talking about the actual original Shredder (and Turtles) from the original TMNT comics. :D As I figured was wjowski.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I'm talking about the actual original Shredder (and Turtles) from the original TMNT comics. As I figured was wjowski.
    ahhh old school shredder. gotcha. i know very little from him.

ahhh old school shredder. gotcha. i know very little from him.
    He was skilled enough to whup all over the TMNT when they tried to fight him individually. It was only when they really, really switched to ganging up on him that they won.

He ended up getting exploded by his own thermite grenade.

Later on, the Foot fixed him by feeding parts of his body to some kind of mystic worm that forms colonies. The worms took on his characteristics, and then their colonies went through some kind of rituals/science stuff. The Foot ended up with three mutant creatures and finally a copy of Saki, himself. Saki and the Foot ambushed Leo, almost killed him, then drove April, the TMNT, and Casey out of New York for a looong time. When they went back, Leo took on the Shredder one-on-one, but swords only - 'Saki' dumped his armor. Leo won after a tough fight.

The TMNT weren't on Batman's level -- they dodged shuriken, and had to work hard to avoid getting shot up by arrows. People with guns forced them to flee, or use stealth, or hide under cover. Saki wasn't THAT much above them, given the four of them beat him. Batman wouldn't have much of a problem taking him on.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

He was skilled enough to whup all over the TMNT when they tried to fight him individually. It was only when they really, really switched to ganging up on him that they won.

He ended up getting exploded by his own thermite grenade.

Later on, the Foot fixed him by feeding parts of his body to some kind of mystic worm that forms colonies. The worms took on his characteristics, and then their colonies went through some kind of rituals/science stuff. The Foot ended up with three mutant creatures and finally a copy of Saki, himself. Saki and the Foot ambushed Leo, almost killed him, then drove April, the TMNT, and Casey out of New York for a looong time. When they went back, Leo took on the Shredder one-on-one, but swords only - 'Saki' dumped his armor. Leo won after a tough fight.

The TMNT weren't on Batman's level -- they dodged shuriken, and had to work hard to avoid getting shot up by arrows. People with guns forced them to flee, or use stealth, or hide under cover. Saki wasn't THAT much above them, given the four of them beat him. Batman wouldn't have much of a problem taking him on.
    so he and ultrom shredder were around the same level, eh? interesting.

BANNED

This is the current Batman

Turtles who were rather below Batman, physically.
    See, I never got that. Turtles have far more muscle mass with relatively small organs, a human-sized turtle would be insanely strong. Michael Bay didn't actually need to make them so big.
    "Money and muscle, that’s what I want; to be able to do any damned thing I want and get away with it. Money won’t do that altogether, because if a man is a weakling, all the money in the world won’t enable him to soak an enemy himself; on the other hand, unless he has money he may not be able to get away with it."
    Robert E. Howard

Spectacular Member

so he and ultrom shredder were around the same level, eh? interesting.
    Not really. Utrom Shredder's duel with Leo was based off of the return to New York from the comic, but there were a lot of differences. The 2003 Foot has a wider variety of forces, and just plain more heavy hitters, for starters. 2003 Shredder actually had a lot of fighting before the duel with Leonardo, and Leonardo used a magic sword to fight Shredder.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallman View Post
    Not really. Utrom Shredder's duel with Leo was based off of the return to New York from the comic, but there were a lot of differences. The 2003 Foot has a wider variety of forces, and just plain more heavy hitters, for starters. 2003 Shredder actually had a lot of fighting before the duel with Leonardo, and Leonardo used a magic sword to fight Shredder.
    i am aware. just saying that no single turtle, sans the sword of tengu, could handle ultrom shredder. plus, the sword of tengu was damn busted.

Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post
    See, I never got that. Turtles have far more muscle mass with relatively small organs, a human-sized turtle would be insanely strong. Michael Bay didn't actually need to make them so big.
    Why are we talking Michael Bay?

I'm talking original canon Turtles with MoR. The best 'strength' feat I've seen from them is picking up a human with both hands and throwing them about 8' (which, compared to RL humans, is pretty darned good for 4'6" dudes). They were barely fast enough to dodge arrows and thrown shuriken, and when shot at, resorted to taking cover rather than dancing through automatic gunfire to beat up the shooters. And Leo explicitly got worn out and exhausted by having a running fight that probably took about a half-hour, at most, judging by what happened elsewhere in that issue during the same time.

None of this is on Batman's level.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 08-19-2019 at 06:33 AM.
    Why are we here?

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

I remember the Original cartoon shredder punching a giant safe to pieces with one punch. It wasn't even particularly plot-critical or anything. He was just doing it to show he was ridiculously strong, and if those street youths joined the Foot he could teach them to be super strong too.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Of course if we're using animated versions...well...that version of Batman's had problems with ninja before.
    Unlike Comic version, I don't think Cartoon Batman had any feats of busting up rocks with his punches, so that would give him a distinct strength disadvantage.

Then again most of his foes were stronger than him...
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    I remember the Original cartoon shredder punching a giant safe to pieces with one punch. It wasn't even particularly plot-critical or anything. He was just doing it to show he was ridiculously strong, and if those street youths joined the Foot he could teach them to be super strong too.
    Was this in reply to me? Or just a general comment on Cartoon Shredder? ^_^
    Why are we here?

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Was this in reply to me? Or just a general comment on Cartoon Shredder? ^_^
    General statement. You seem to be talking about the comic version that was before even the first cartoon.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    General statement. You seem to be talking about the comic version that was before even the first cartoon.
    Exactly. Eastman and Laird's original stuff.

Was just checking if addressed to me. ^_^
    Why are we here?

The original character lost to a team of Turtles who were rather below Batman, physically. Even his resurrected self lost to Leonardo in a sword-fight (though admittedly, that was without armor).

I don't see the original Shredder winning against Bruce.
    I think he's saying that no version of Shredder is beating Batman.