Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Liefeld has literally lost demands for plagiarizing Marvel characters so he should stop being a clown.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Why does Liefeld hate Hickman so much?
    Because he’s talented.

BANNED

You gotta love that North at least played smart. She was acting kind of meager and not displaying REAL outrage or anger at the idea, which made her followers take that task on their hands and try to stir up the flames. That's some 4d chess technique. I'm glad Hickman gave his answer and sounded honest about it.
    Last edited by PrezValentine; 08-11-2019 at 08:57 AM.

Another thing I will say, now that discussion has reached multiple pages and days: the presumptions made about Claire North have been very interesting. Both initial reaction, and perception of her as it's evolved over the past couple days.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

BANNED

I understand why people would feel this way, but this isn't plagiarism. He's borrowing the same idea of reincarnation, but that's not an idea owned by anyone.

Hickman just used a classic idea to reboot the X-men to tell his story. She won't get anything and it's best just to relish in the connection reigniting her book's popularity.

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    Salieri sindrome.
    Kind of a bad term, since the historical Salieri didn't actually seem to have it himself.
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

That Liefeld tweet made me cringe so hard. Such a tragic character lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Why does Liefeld hate Hickman so much?
    Krakoa won’t let Major X go through a portal.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    LIEFELD HAS SPOKEN.

LET THE CONFLICT END!

https://twitter.com/robertliefeld/st...65191629606912

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Krakoa won’t let Major X go through a portal.
    Thank God....

There is a family reunion of the Summers and Major X has not even been invited, he has been sentenced to the children's table with Hope and Madelyne

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

On a serious note, who knows if anything went on behind the scenes for Hickman & Liefeld. They may not have gotten along creatively. Maybe Hickman did something to him at one point. Or maybe he does hate how much hype is around Hickman while everyone else, himself included, is treated as cast aways far as X-books go.

I think Bunn has more merit to be upset with the X-Office, but he's handling it better.

Fantastic Member mikelmcknight72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    She'll be lucky if she gets a lifetime pass to Disney parks and Rocket Raccoon plushy.
    They should make a Moira X plushy just for her :-)

This whole thing has been mildly interesting. We all know that all of us are products of our environments - family, community, culture, society etc. Most of us draw inspiration from things we have consumed in the media. Of course plagiarism is bad, but how many ideas are fully original? How many plots are original?

Like others have mentioned there are numerous examples of the reincarnation plot where the character repeats lives, or parts of their life and retains the memories. Several predate this author's book. Clearly Hickman was a fan of her book but he also states he has consumed other similar stories.

I mentioned in the Jean thread that I recently went to a local comic store and former editor Jim Shooter was a guest. He told a story of how when he was a writer, his editor saw a movie he liked and wanted Jim to write a comic story with a similar plot. He did laugh and state that he thought that was wrong but he was a young writer and did what he was told. I think a lot of comic writers probably draw inspiration from novels, tv, movies, video games, religious lore, myths, etc.

Also, I'm not sure Rob L was being shady or perhaps he was trying to help. If the author gets more recognition that translates into more book sales then maybe she will let the issue go. Who knows. In Hickman's statement he also encourages fans to check out the author's book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Also, I'm not sure Rob L was being shady or perhaps he was trying to help. If the author gets more recognition that translates into more book sales then maybe she will let the issue go. Who knows. In Hickman's statement he also encourages fans to check out the author's book.
    iirc Liefeld has previously tweeted that the X-Men in HoX #1 are fraudulent so he was definitely trying to be shady.