Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    No one's condoning harassment. Just say you feel if you want to say something. This is not subtle.
    About as subtle as getting kicked in the face by Colossus or as subtle as tHe gEnOsHaN gEnOcIdE!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Didn't North basically harass/embarrass Hickman on the internet as well? This isn't poor innocent North thing, She threw out an accusation without the full facts in a Public forum. You will get the people agreeing with you and you get people disagreeing with you. Her followers hype her up and she mistakenly made this play out the internet. Don't make her out to be a victim this didn't have to happen on the internet. This is a simple call to her publisher and it would be handled.
    Too bad the same "concern" wasn't shown for Hickman when a fellow author questioned his integrity, riled up her followers and brought up the possibility of suing him via a public forum.
    Last edited by Punch Dimension.; 08-12-2019 at 04:07 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    Too bad the same "concern" wasn't show for Hickman when a fellow author questioned his integrity, riled up her followers and brought up the possibility of suing him via a public forum.
    Had North just tweeted "hey, this House of X thing is kind of similar to my book, I guess I should look further" everything would probably be fine. But she chose to throw Hickman under the bus by retweeting someone accusing him of outright plagiarism. Unless she could make an actual case about how Hickman plagiarized, this was never going to end with her coming out as kind of petty. Not to mention, people forget Hickman is a person just like her, but I guess since he works for Marvel, he HAS to be the villain and North taking back her words is a consequence of harassment from Marvel or Hickman's fans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Had North just tweeted "hey, this House of X thing is kind of similar to my book, I guess I should look further" everything would probably be fine. But she chose to throw Hickman under the bus by retweeting someone accusing him of outright plagiarism. Unless she could make an actual case about how Hickman plagiarized, this was never going to end with her coming out as kind of petty. Not to mention, people forget Hickman is a person just like her, but I guess since he works for Marvel, he HAS to be the villain and North taking back her words is a consequence of harassment from Marvel or Hickman's fans.
    I mean how DARE Hickman write a story which includes krakoa and not Include Lorna Dane AKA Polaris AKA Magneto's other daughter AKA Havoks girlfriend who LITERALLY helped shoot it into space that one time 40 years ago. Not only that he used dUh GEnOsHAn gENoCiDE!!!!! As a plot point and didn't include known GENOSHAN GENOCIDE SURVIVOR Polaris in his comic??? Literally a huge scumbag.

lol. In all seriousness what she should have done is quietly contacted her publisher to express her concerns, but as we know, that wouldn't have resulted in any attention/ego gratification. It would have saved her from making an ass of herself though.
    Last edited by Punch Dimension.; 08-12-2019 at 04:21 AM.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    C'mon man you know nothing stays dead in the X-verse

cept Skin and Synch
    And Destiny. Kill your color & bury your gay.

But on-topic, I agree with others. Unless Hickman copied something in her book word for word & scene for scene, then she's got no case. Reincarnations and characters living lives over again, etc. It's all an old concept. The thing is executing it in a way that feels knew, or making it entertaining enough that nobody would care it's been done already. Fourth-Wall Breaking has been around since the 60's at the latest. But mainstream DP does it so often, most seem to love it and associate that with something he's made big or did first. Personally I think Martin & Fresh Prince did it better without making it stale, but eh. lol

Everything we have now is a trope. Almost no idea these days was the first of its kind. From story ideas to character types.

Going by her, everyone who's ever written a anything the last 100 years is a plagiarist.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-12-2019 at 04:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    It was interesting when people start to bring up Replay written in 1986 about a "43-year-old man who dies and wakes up back in 1963 in his 18-year-old body. He relives his life with all his memories intact of the previous 25 years. This happens repeatedly, with the man playing out his life differently in each cycle". Thats sounds familiar doesn't it. Which is why plagiarism claims can be tricky sometimes people do arrive at similar ideas and concepts.

I get what happen to her see ran with tweets but thing is her damming confirmation of Hickman plagiarism was Hickman plugging her book in interview. Hickman thought her book was good he was giving her unsolicited shout out. Hickman was actually doing something nice.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    Just a sequel to CBR’s most popular feature, Lying In The Gutters...
    Two trashes don't make a treasure, Rich.

Claire North tweeted about this. Everything is fine

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    It was interesting when people start to bring up Replay written in 1986 about a "43-year-old man who dies and wakes up back in 1963 in his 18-year-old body. He relives his life with all his memories intact of the previous 25 years. This happens repeatedly, with the man playing out his life differently in each cycle". Thats sounds familiar doesn't it. Which is why plagiarism claims can be tricky sometimes people do arrive at similar ideas and concepts.
    This was my problem with her tweets. She made it sound like she invented warm water.

You posted a valid example of the same concept being used before her, and just like that many others exist, hell, even South Park did it before her, that's why I found it hilarious that she "felt" as in Hickman was copying her story, like her concept was something totally new.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue