Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Yeah, also said something like he hopes the Fantastic Four kick their ass.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    On a serious note, who knows if anything went on behind the scenes for Hickman & Liefeld. They may not have gotten along creatively. Maybe Hickman did something to him at one point. Or maybe he does hate how much hype is around Hickman while everyone else, himself included, is treated as cast aways far as X-books go.

I think Bunn has more merit to be upset with the X-Office, but he's handling it better.
    I'm inclined to not give the guy who had a homophobic freak out when someone wrote one of his characters as gay the benefit of the doubt tbh.
    Last edited by Punch Dimension.; 08-11-2019 at 11:08 AM.

Fantastic Member mikelmcknight72's Avatar

To me, Rob Liefeld is like the Al Bundy of comic books. His glory days were over decades ago, and now he just seems to be bitter and have entitlement issues.
    Last edited by mikelmcknight72; 08-11-2019 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    iirc Liefeld has previously tweeted that the X-Men in HoX #1 are fraudulent so he was definitely trying to be shady.
    Interesting. I was not aware of this information.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    On a serious note, who knows if anything went on behind the scenes for Hickman & Liefeld. They may not have gotten along creatively. Maybe Hickman did something to him at one point. Or maybe he does hate how much hype is around Hickman while everyone else, himself included, is treated as cast aways far as X-books go.

I think Bunn has more merit to be upset with the X-Office, but he's handling it better.
    Well Hickman seems like anice guy that probably doesn't give a damn about Liefeld. remembering that liefeld also went after Snyder for nothing

Quote Originally Posted by mikelmcknight72 View Post
    To me, Rob Liefeld is like the Al Bundy of comic books. His glory days were over decades ago, and now he just seems to be bitter and have entitlement issues.
    You just have to see that his twitter bio he is "Deadpool creator" and Nicieza on the other hand says "CO-CREATOR". He has never had class.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    You just have to see that his twitter bio he is "Deadpool creator" and Nicieza on the other hand says "CO-CREATOR". He has never had class.
    He's classless, for sure.

He said this of Fabian's role as co-creator: “If a janitor scripted New Mutants 98, he’d be the co-creator — that’s how it works, buddy."

And seriously? NONE of what defines Deadpool comes from Liefeld's work. The personality and storylines that made him the success he is came from Fabian's Deadpool mini-series with art by Joe Madureira, and Ken Lashley, the Joe Kelly and Ed McGuinness's run, Gail Simone's run, and Fabian Nicieza's run on Cable/Deadpool with Patrick Zircher and Reilly Brown.

Those are the storylines that made Wade who he is, and inspired his ongoing depiction in other media. In his Liefeld appearances he was a Deathstroke ripoff (merc Slade Wilson/Deathstroke, merc Wade Wilson/Deadpool) who looked like a Spider-Man redesign, and had Speedball from New Warrior's unique speech bubble schtick. There was nothing original or interesting about him, and the work of other creators are the reason he endures.

At least, that's how it feels having read it all as it's happened over the last 30 years.

Yes, I have always felt that Nicieza is more creator of Deadpool than Rob, but is difficult to change public perception. He is much more discreet.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Rob Liefeld is Deadpool's Bob Kane.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Rob Liefeld is Deadpool's Bob Kane.
    *perfectly* stated. The rest is hard, because he has like, a half dozen Bill Fingers at least. But yes, brilliantly put.

Reading some of her tweets... Yikes. When people think their ideas are so "creative" and "unique" it's like they've been living under a rock and are completely unaware of their surroundings and the material that came way before theirs. Someone please tell her that Reincarnation is not a new concept just like people "trapped" or "living" a loop isn't as well...

Hell, are Trey and Matt gonna sue Marvel next because Moira has pretty much the same power set as Kenny? Considering his power was explained as such on an episode that also came before Claire North's book, so, they probably need to sue her as well...
    Last edited by Fantasy Free Me; 08-11-2019 at 01:47 PM.
    "I wish I could live life five times over!
    Then I’d be born in five different places,
    and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world.
    I’d live five different lives with five different occupations...
    and then, for those five times...
    I’d fall in love with the same person...
    "

- Orihime Inoue

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    1) story ideas aren't copyrightable

https://www.writersdigest.com/online...yright-an-idea

2) bleeingcool is clickbait.
    Ideas are not, but execution is. And this was not clickbait at all.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    BC has become a joke of a joke somewhere in the last five years. I mean, it wasn't exactly Nightline to begin with, but oof.

I see Hickman has already replied, as I expected he would.
    Yes. To Bleeding Cool. What are you trying to say?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Bleeding cool was always a joke.
    Just a sequel to CBR’s most popular feature, Lying In The Gutters...

BANNED

Rich, when are you getting good scoops again