Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

rich when's the inhumans relaunch

rich i'm on the last season of broadchurch how do I cope with my life after
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    Ideas are not, but execution is. And this was not clickbait at all.
    Well, it's no worse than another CBR article whose content can best be described as "Why Cyclops is the Wrongiest Wronger to Have Ever Wronged! Here's 10 things taken out of context to push our headcanon!"
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by ISnowNothin View Post
    He's classless, for sure.

He said this of Fabian's role as co-creator: “If a janitor scripted New Mutants 98, he’d be the co-creator — that’s how it works, buddy."

And seriously? NONE of what defines Deadpool comes from Liefeld's work. The personality and storylines that made him the success he is came from Fabian's Deadpool mini-series with art by Joe Madureira, and Ken Lashley, the Joe Kelly and Ed McGuinness's run, Gail Simone's run, and Fabian Nicieza's run on Cable/Deadpool with Patrick Zircher and Reilly Brown.

Those are the storylines that made Wade who he is, and inspired his ongoing depiction in other media. In his Liefeld appearances he was a Deathstroke ripoff (merc Slade Wilson/Deathstroke, merc Wade Wilson/Deadpool) who looked like a Spider-Man redesign, and had Speedball from New Warrior's unique speech bubble schtick. There was nothing original or interesting about him, and the work of other creators are the reason he endures.

At least, that's how it feels having read it all as it's happened over the last 30 years.
    In trying to discredit Rob you are discrediting all other creators who have people add to their mythos.Just saying

Ideas are not, but execution is. And this was not clickbait at all.
    So you feel there is plagiarism going on here?

Also, all the ads and pop-ups on your site are fun and totally not annoying. Add some more, please!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    In trying to discredit Rob you are discrediting all other creators who have people add to their mythos.Just saying
    I'm really not. I'm talking about the specific situation around Deadpool, who's most popular elements aside from his physical appearance are all taken from later stories and who's original appearances were extremely derivative of others' work/other characters.

It isn't universal, and it being the case for Deadpool doesn't undermine or besmirch anyone else's creation.

BANNED

Yes. To Bleeding Cool. What are you trying to say?
    I thought it was fairly clear. Should I have submitted my post with an embedded thumbnail video of myself talking to the camera, having clearly just rolled out of bed?

Quote Originally Posted by ISnowNothin View Post
    I'm really not. I'm talking about the specific situation around Deadpool, who's most popular elements aside from his physical appearance are all taken from later stories and who's original appearances were extremely derivative of others' work/other characters.

It isn't universal, and it being the case for Deadpool doesn't undermine or besmirch anyone else's creation.
    A. You are doing the same thing Rob did with Fabian.Think about it

B. In making argument for the creators who can after being more "important" you are diminishing the original contribution, The Batman,The Superman,The X-men we see have very little common with original version and many key elements are things add on from other people. Batman took things from that era style of heroes, Wolverine is knock off of Timberwolf,etc. Saying it is case for this one opens pandora box. Just give man credit and move on. Every character is product of all the creators who touches them and idea often have inspiration for other sources.

C. Rob wasn't being a dick,You guys made it about him being a dick

Anyways that is off topic moving

Claire North

For fear of kicking at a hornet's nest again, some few words (hopefully last?) on House of X...

Firstly thank you everyone who has been chiming in with words supportive and thoughtful - it's all been hugely appreciated.People have rightly pointed out that ideas are rarely original. I have been fed on my culture; so has X-Men. Sometimes this is a glorious sharing of stories, sometimes it can feel like standing on each other's toes. In this case... depends where you're standing, I suspect .However! It's been kindly pointed out that the scribbler on House of X has been asked the same questions I'm asking, and while these things may never be clear, his reply has been generous and courteous .Lawyers do law; writers should do good humaning. So as a scribbler it'd be rude not to acknowledge that, be appreciative of that and wave back. And so.If you are loving the current run of House of X, please check out the First Fifteen Lives of Harry August.

And if you loved Harry August, you're probably gonna dig House of X!

And if you've never read either, give 'em both a go. Every reader finds something new to you alone
    Dead topic

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Dead topic
    C'mon man you know nothing stays dead in the X-verse

cept Skin and Synch

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    C'mon man you know nothing stays dead in the X-verse

cept Skin and Synch
    I've got a feeling that this relaunch is the one. Never give up hope.

For fear of kicking at a hornet's nest again
    Sounds like quite a bit of harassment got thrown her way for being concerned. So that's, uh, "great."

That aside, if this is how Claire North really feels and harassment didn't pressure her into it in any way, then I'm glad it came to an amicable conclusion.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by salarta View Post
    Sounds like quite a bit of harassment got thrown her way for being concerned. So that's, uh, "great."

That aside, if this is how Claire North really feels and harassment didn't pressure her into it in any way, then I'm glad it came to an amicable conclusion.
    You can't just say stuff like that on the internet. Even five year olds know this...

I call BS, free publicity.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 08-11-2019 at 11:19 PM.

BANNED

It's almost like unfounded accusations tend to really rub people the wrong way. Particularly when you do it via your social media.
    Last edited by Punch Dimension.; 08-12-2019 at 07:54 AM.

Didn't North basically harass/embarrass Hickman on the internet as well? This isn't poor innocent North thing, She threw out an accusation without the full facts in a Public forum. You will get the people agreeing with you and you get people disagreeing with you. Her followers hype her up and she mistakenly made this play out the internet. Don't make her out to be a victim this didn't have to happen on the internet. This is a simple call to her publisher and it would be handled.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 08-11-2019 at 11:29 PM.

BANNED

No one's condoning harassment. Just say you feel if you want to say something. This is not subtle.