Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Terrific ideas and great replies. Thanks buds!

I know it is an aside from my initial question, but the post about Nick Cage being the Specter in the DCU...MAN...that would be a great casting!

Thanks for keeping it positive and staying on point everyone. This is the internet being great, what it's meant to be. No snarkiness and "Well I hate Nick Cage so.."

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'm not sure I'd wanna start off a franchise with a character who is in their mid-fifites though. Not that I don't doubt for a second he couldn't pull off the role.
    Oh I agree was just throwing a character he could play out there. If they gonna have Mark stick around and orbit Blades movies then yea go Andrew Garfield age. But yea as far as one and done I think he would commit to Mark like no other.

Quote Originally Posted by jtd View Post
    Terrific ideas and great replies. Thanks buds!

I know it is an aside from my initial question, but the post about Nick Cage being the Specter in the DCU...MAN...that would be a great casting!

Thanks for keeping it positive and staying on point everyone. This is the internet being great, what it's meant to be. No snarkiness and "Well I hate Nick Cage so.."
    To be fair while Nick Cage does more **** movies then good. I dont think I could take someone serious if they say hes a horrible actor. Hes been great at times. But he also ventures into so bad it's good at times because he always commits. He was amazing doing the voice acting as the dad in the Croods and was good in Spiderverse. So hes even a talented voice actor. His level of intensity and some of his weird acting choices dont always land. But atleast hes swinging.

Amazing Member

I would cast him as Foolkiller.

Extraordinary Member

Absorbing Man with cgi muscles.

BANNED

I like Cage in a few things, but I struggle with a Marvel role I'd put him in. Silvermane perhaps. Could even possibly have seen him as Vulture if they'd gone with a more comics-faithful version. Otherwise I think keep him doing voice work. Maybe cast him as Infinity or something.
    Last edited by AJBopp; 08-11-2019 at 12:57 PM.

Imagine an Alpha Flight movie with him as Sasquatch! Think Ruffalo Hulk, but with tan fur!
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Nic Cage is just too far gone at this point. Let him stick to the direct to video market where he has lived for the last decade doing 5 movies a year no one watches.

Something where he can be crazy - whose a Marvel character just as insane (without being a 4th wall breaker like Deadpool) as Nic Cage? Bonus if they can be near him in age, which likely means either an older hero or a villain - it's unlikely they would want to use him as a straight up protagonist.
    Dark does not mean deep.

If we stick to voice acting like he did as Spider-Man Noir in the Spider-Verse (and I'd watch an animated Spider-Man Noir movie btw) I could see him as Hammerhead.

Wouldnt mind him playing Arcade or voice Mojo in a future Xmen movie.

Simon Williams/Wonder Man ?

I remember Nathan Fillion playing him in a cut scene for Guardians Vol. 2, but it was a cut scene...

not interested in him as a hero. I enjoyed Ghost Rider, though.

Nightmare or Mephisto would be nice. But not as a campy performance. I would want this played straight.

BANNED

Something involving bees, or I'm outtie.

Let's face it. Even having starred in some cool movies he is a subpar actor, to say the least. Maybe in a unstable and short role like molecule man. BUt for a main role he would lack credibility.