Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Cast Nicolas Cage for a Marvel Movie Comeback...

You know, the more I think of this, the more I like it. Although Nick Cage can been in some stinker movies...he's been in some really terrific ones as well. And he gets appreciation for being one of us, a comic collector.

I think it'd be something pretty sweet to see...him coming back to prominence in a Marvel role. Maybe a villain? Or a character with a fallen-from-grace story. Or redemption story?

Mephisto? Nightmare?

I could get behind this.

Mighty Member

How about as...Swarm!

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

He'd be a great Frank Castle/Punisher.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

I'd still like him to come back as Ghost Rider again with a script/take that actually does justice to the character. Didn't the Marvel Studios get the rights back to that character?

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    He'd be a great Frank Castle/Punisher.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    This could work, I could definitely see this since I doubt the MCU is ever going to acknowledge the Netflix series as being in continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I'd still like him to come back as Ghost Rider again with a script/take that actually does justice to the character. Didn't the Marvel Studios get the rights back to that character?

This could work, I could definitely see this since I doubt the MCU is ever going to acknowledge the Netflix series as being in continuity.
    Since they're doing the new GHost RIder series around Robbie, Cage appearing as the older Ghost Rider Johnny Blaze might be kinda cool. He can be a mentor or whatever. That's more the TV series rather than the movie, but its the first thing I thought of.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

He would have made a fine Justin Hammer.

If Shocker hadn't been used already, he would've been a great choice for the pathetic Ultimate version of the character.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

He was the voice of Spider-Man noir in Spider-Verse.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    If Shocker hadn't been used already, he would've been a great choice for the pathetic Ultimate version of the character.
    There's always Boomerang

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    There's always Boomerang
    Or maybe an MCU version of Paste Pot Pete.

Incredible Member

The answer is easy.

He's Playing Johnny Blaze in the new ghost rider where he plays the role that Sam Elliot did for him: A sarcastic mentor that still kicks a lot of ass.

I would say make him Moonknight. Selling mental instability isnt hard for Cage. But I know there have rumors and reports that they are looking at someone like Andrew Garfieild. If that's true they are going younger(Garfield ain't that young but he looks real young).

Or toss him across the way and let him be The Spectre in a DC movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I would say make him Moonknight. Selling mental instability isnt hard for Cage. But I know there have rumors and reports that they are looking at someone like Andrew Garfieild. If that's true they are going younger(Garfield ain't that young but he looks real young).

Or toss him across the way and let him be The Spectre in a DC movie.
    I'm not sure I'd wanna start off a franchise with a character who is in their mid-fifites though. Not that I don't doubt for a second he couldn't pull off the role.

iMan 42s

Well, he did play Spider-man Noir. Weird choice but as much as I liked the comic I liked his take on him just fine.

Ghost Rider would be the most obvious choice but I'd be down for another character if he had to. Ezekiel Simms would be kind of odd but it would work. Nicholas Cage would do wonders for Green Goblin though. Maybe not an Osborn, but maybe one of the other ones or even Hobgoblin. It's be weird but it's not like he couldn't sell the crazy.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Well, he did play Spider-man Noir. Weird choice but as much as I liked the comic I liked his take on him just fine.

Ghost Rider would be the most obvious choice but I'd be down for another character if he had to. Ezekiel Simms would be kind of odd but it would work. Nicholas Cage would do wonders for Green Goblin though. Maybe not an Osborn, but maybe one of the other ones or even Hobgoblin. It's be weird but it's not like he couldn't sell the crazy.
    That would be interesting. He might even convince me to like Roderick Kingsley.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 08-11-2019 at 01:40 AM. Reason: Corrected grammatical errors.