Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

OT Discussion
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-12-2019 at 05:25 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Given that Johnny Storm flies and Ben Grimm is immune to anything Sabretooth can do to him, being able to retain them already seems like a great achievement.
    Right. Ben has beaten Namor underwater and Torch fought of an Annihilation Wave and made Annihilus his bitch. But apparantly Creed-aniki should be manhandling these guys.

BANNED

Thanks for reminding me Thing beat Namor underwater.

BANNED

I mean, if Creed gave Toad and Mystique enough window to outrun Ben and Johnny, he has to have hit back. That doesn't even need to be shown on panel if you use simple logic. Even if he didn't, there's some merit in just tanking them, seeing how the powers of those involved work. It's like a Pikachu tanking all of a Garchomp's Earthquakes until the shark ran out of uses. I guess the Hickman patch came with boosted defense and healing for Creed and he can find an actual place in stall teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelman View Post
    I love House of X! The only thing that bugs me is Xavier's use of Sabretooth! Xavier seems to have been on Mystique's mission, so wasn't it dumb for a man who is so keen on preserving lives, human or mutant, to send a loose cannon like Sabretooth on this kind of a mission? Look, I get it. He sends the "brotherhood" to do the dirty jobs the X-Men can't. Fine. But he surely knows by now what Sabretooth is like. He knows what he's going to do. There are so many other mutants he could have sent. Is Xavier suddenly senile, or does he just no longer care?
    If we assume that Xavier is not actually trying to bring peace anymore, but instead increase tensions, then using a wild canon in this role makes perfect sense. We just need to wait and see what transpires and learn more about Xavier’s actual motivations.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 08-12-2019 at 04:58 AM.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Sorry. We're getting OT. Opinions on terrible showings aside lol That's a discussion for this thread.
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...ght=Sabretooth
    I'll ask a mod to clean this one up & get rid of the OT posts.

I think Xavier uses Brotherhood for shadier missions, and Creed just happened to come with the package. I doubt he was a conscious choice. Now if he was, then reasons stated above. Mystique is good at dirtier jobs given her power & skills. Toad was good for retrieving the data. But should anything happen to him or Crud, they'd be acceptable losses. It's mainly Mystique & the data that was needed. Again her powers come in handy, so I think it's reasonable Xavier would see her as a valuable asset.

It's not about Xavier using him specifically, so much as he sent a dirtier team to do dirtier work that Crud happened to be apart of. And I believe Xavier being shady has been going on since the 70's.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-12-2019 at 05:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    So in the end, I think he uses Brotherhood for shadier missions, and Creed just happened to come with the package. I doubt he was a conscious choice. Now if he was, then reasons stated above. Mystique is good at dirtier jobs given her power & skills. Toad was good for retrieving the data. But should anything happen to him or Crud, they'd be acceptable losses.
    That wouldn’t quite explain why Cyclops was to hand and aware of the situation immediately even though the planned extraction was supposed to be much later on. It’s almost as if he knew the plan was going to go awry. Wheels within wheels.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    That wouldn’t quite explain why Cyclops was to hand and aware of the situation immediately even though the planned extraction was supposed to be much later on. It’s almost as if he knew the plan was going to go awry. Wheels within wheels.
    Some were thinking that "Cyclops" may have been Mystique who came back out. lol

She talked about laying low, but we see it was pretty simple for them to rush their way to a portal. So...why wait on extraction instead of head back immediately?

But Hickman is the Shikamaru of writers evidently. So no telling how this plan will play out.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-12-2019 at 05:47 AM.

BANNED

Cyclops coming out immediately can be easily explained. Charles was looking at the whole thing with Cerebro, Creed gets captured, "Son, can you please get the dog back? It seems he upset the neighbors" "Sure, dad", Scott is there. I don't think it was Mystique because, as seen in PoX, she didn't leave Toad's side and they both came out of the portal at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Cyclops coming out immediately can be easily explained. Charles was looking at the whole thing with Cerebro, Creed gets captured, "Son, can you please get the dog back? It seems he upset the neighbors" "Sure, dad", Scott is there. I don't think it was Mystique because, as seen in PoX, she didn't leave Toad's side and they both came out of the portal at the same time.
    Even easier. Scott could just be near the gate mystique and toad popped out of.

I was never sold on it being Mystique, but an optional theory I see some seeing a possibility.

In any case, we're only 3 issues into a 12 issue series. Apocalypse is gonna be joining the X-Men. So if even he becomes a good guy, there will surely be explanation on where Xavier's head is & why he accepts known villains into the ranks.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    This is what I was thinking. Scott happened to be around when he saw Mystique & Toad frantically running though it. lol

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    It’s too simple. This was a double pronged mission. Sabretooth was briefed to draw attention, naturally the F4 would turn up given their interest in the facility being raided, all leading to both the data being retrieved and a bonus chat to the parents of the only unaligned Omega mutant, to deliberately make them consider where their allegiance lies when things inevitably escalate later.

Why will things escalate? Because that’s the plan. Xavier and Magneto want tensions to escalate. The drugs are also a part of this, the little tour that conveniently shows off powerhouses like Xorn and Zorn as buddies certainly is, demonstrating the ability to travel across the globe certainly raised red flags, as did the overall political stance as explained by Magneto. They are provoking discord. Dividing the powers that could stand against them, projecting power and disrupting potential weaknesses.

In short they are using the US political playbook as seen in the middle east.

Would’ve flowed a bit better if Rosencanny actually radicalized the X-Men but it just left them as lukewarm centrists. nothing new nothing changed. same old shïtè.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Would’ve flowed a bit better if Rosencanny actually radicalized the X-Men but it just left them as lukewarm centrists. nothing new nothing changed. same old shïtè.
    Never look back.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

Gods this was such a terrible storyline