Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BANNED

Did they really pose like that for TV cameras? Come on, Raven (and Scott)

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Did they really pose like that for TV cameras? Come on, Raven (and Scott)
    Good it ended there, because right after they would awkwardly have to run away or at least stop posing so they can answer why the government head of O.N.E.’s bloody decapitated corpse is there.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Gods this was such a terrible storyline
    Handled so, so poorly. What was solved at the end??? Rosenberg’s own plot points he brought up?

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Never look back.
    I recently reread that whole Disassembled-AOXM-XForce saga again because I truly love pain. But that’s the last time I want to interact with that content for years. Hickman take me away.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I recently reread that whole Disassembled-AOXM-XForce saga again because I truly love pain. But that’s the last time I want to interact with that content for years. Hickman take me away.
    I missed most of that because I was away from comics and you know what, I don’t care. One of the best things about being older, I don’t need the geek points anymore. I am not complete in my reading and I don’t feel bad about it.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

I didn't read the Rosenberg Uncanny run at all, but I did hear good things about it from people at my local shop. Quite the opposite of what people here have said. Everyone here seems to universally hate it.

They compared it to the JMS Spider-Man or even some of the pre-Crisis books at DC in the sense that the creators knew there was a relaunch coming, so they were kind of free to tell the "last" story for those characters. JMS Was able to do all kinds of things to Spider-Man because he knew that all of it would be undone with the whole Mephisto thing. Alan Moore told the final Silver Age Superman story because Crisis was rebooting the continuity. Etc. These fans at the shop said that's how they looked at it....it was hte X-Men going on the offensive to try and resolve some dangling plot threads and actually resolve some threats.

I don't know if that's really the case, but that's how these guys who enjoyed it looked at it. They also didn't care about all the deaths because they considered most of the characters who died to be unnecessary. Obviously, a lot of people would disagree with that, especially folks who are big fans of the characters who were killed off. Personally, I've gotten to the point where a character death in a superhero comic is neither surprising nor reason for concern.....it's almost a joke. So killing characters in general just seems like a pointless idea. But if it's kind of supposed to be the "final" story, I can get why you may do that, especially if you have a reboot card that can undo all the deaths anyway. Again, that lack of consequence seems like a cheat, but if the vibe you're going for is that this is the final story, then I at least get the urge.

All of which is entirely off the actual topic! Sorry about that.

To kind of go back to Sabertooth and HoX....I definitely think that his capture will come back up. Either that was part of the plan all along, and he was "sacrificed" to further some later plot, or they'll attempt to free him or otherwise arrange his release under the Amnesty.

Whatever happens, I do hope to see Creed portrayed as more capable than he has been in recent years. I get it that he's a villain that will always ultimately lose, but I'd really like to see him be that really dangerous opponent again. And enough with him somehow becoming good. That's one of the things I find annoying with the X-Men.....some villains reforming their ways make sense, others are just contrived and unnecessary. Sabertooth is the latter.

Creed is Wolverine without his compassion and yearning to be better than a beast. So pretty darn terrifying.

He’s still going to get twatted by the Fantastic Four though. Even Logan’d just have to mime being stuck in an invisible box until he promised to behave.

Creed is cannon fodder and I like him like that.

Not every character should be humanized.
    He's a beast that does terrible things, and that's it.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Seems Mystique is Hickman's focus and he only used Creed cuz he can put up with the b***h.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Creed is Wolverine without his compassion and yearning to be better than a beast. So pretty darn terrifying.

He’s still going to get twatted by the Fantastic Four though. Even Logan’d just have to mime being stuck in an invisible box until he promised to behave.
    Yeah, I agree. There's really not a whole lot he can do against Thing and Torch except take the hits and keep coming. I actually think the fact that he held them off long enough for the others to get away, and then nearly got away himself, is a pretty good showing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Creed is cannon fodder and I like him like that.

Not every character should be humanized.
    He's a beast that does terrible things, and that's it.
    I don't know if I agree he's cannon fodder, depending on what you mean, but yeah, he's awful and any attempt to make him good just irks me.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Seems Mystique is Hickman's focus and he only used Creed cuz he can put up with the b***h.
    Creed's been a Mystique-cling-on since Aaron. And that's the only thing from his run that stuck. Lol

Good writing for him is like seeking the Holy Grail at this point.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-13-2019 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    I didn't read the Rosenberg Uncanny run at all, but I did hear good things about it from people at my local shop. Quite the opposite of what people here have said. Everyone here seems to universally hate it.
    I just got bored by it. It’s not worth hating. I am amazed some liked it but many on these boards were defending it so it’s certainly not universally hated. I don’t think any main X-Book has been universally hated for many years.

If you go and read it don’t say you were not warned.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 08-13-2019 at 11:49 AM.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Never look back.
    You shouldn't look to the side like Hope is doing either.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Good it ended there, because right after they would awkwardly have to run away or at least stop posing so they can answer why the government head of O.N.E.’s bloody decapitated corpse is there.

Handled so, so poorly. What was solved at the end??? Rosenberg’s own plot points he brought up?

1) Screw that guy.

2) Rosenberg had to solve plot points he shouldn't have been allowed to bring up in the first place. Did he forget he had to share these characters?

3) Stop being a masochist.
    "Cable was right!"

I just got bored by it. It’s not worth hating. I am amazed some liked it but many on these boards were defending it so it’s certainly not universally hated. I don’t think any main X-Book has been universally hated for many years.

If you go and read it don’t say you were not warned.
    I should have said "generally hated" because the positive posts I've seen have been few and far between. But I've only been posting here again recently since the Hickman era approached. I hadn't picked up the x-books regularly in years.

I have no interest in checking it out at all, just curious if there was something to the way the guys at my shop viewed it.

BANNED

I didn't read it. I've seen bits and pieces. Until Hickman I hadn't bothered with an X-book regularly in years. What amazes me is I remember liking what I saw of his Astonishing run with Dazzler, Alex, Beast, Jimmy, etc. - it seemed good. I don't know how it got from there to here.

Im still sceptical as to how much Rosenberg knew about Hickman’s inpending run when he started sowing his seeds..