Default X-men Omega level mutant showdown

I made a thread on new definition Omega level mutants on the X-men forums which keeps devolving into mini rumbles. So I decide to create this thread. I removed Franklin,Legion,Mister M,Jamie Braddock and Protetus from the list to hopefully make it more interesting

Robert Drake (Iceman) - Negative Temperature Manipulation

Joshua Foley (Elixir) - Biokinesis

Jean Grey (Marvel Girl) - Telepathy

Erik Lensherr (Magneto) - Magnetism

Ororo Munroe (Storm) - Weather Manipulation

Bennet du Paris (Exodus) - Telekinesis

Quentin Quire (Kid Omega) - Telepathy

Gabriel Summers (Vulcan) - Energy Manipulation

Hope Summers (Hope) - Power Manipulation

Who wins fight between these guys. Rules. Standard Arena rules.

Fight 1. No Phoenix or God Mode Storm

Fight 2. Phoenix and God Mode allowed

Fight 3. Only Magneto vs Storm

Fight 4. The full list Omegas including Franklin, Legion,etc

1. Well, you have Hope Summers there, who has the others’ powers at their utmost level, so... boom.
    2. Well, you have... (see above)... at their utmost level and she’s also a Phoenix, so... boom.
    3. Mags.
    4. Given that Hope has been as high up the scale as White Crown Phoenix (albeit briefly), I’m assuming that copying Franklin’s powers at their upper limit isn’t beyond her capabilities. Which sounds very nasty. But then Mad Jim Jaspers arrives and says “Hi”.

Alright, let's do this. Fight 3.

I'm assuming we're talking about regular Magneto vs regular Storm, with morals off (otherwise Storm wouldn't try to kill Mags) and a fight to the death.

I'm going to start by saying that both Magneto and Storm can kill eachother in one attack, so reaction time will be the determining factor here. Also, let's keep in mind that Magneto's usually holding back against the X-Men, but won't here.

1. First of all, let's go back and see how Magneto's power work. Based on the Science of Magneto we can see that Magneto’s control over non-ferrous materials, from metals like gold to ceramincs to organic matter, is also accomplished through magnetism. Protons, neutrons and electrons all have magnetic fields that interact to hold the atom together, the positive charges of the protons governing the number of negatively charged electrons orbiting the nucleus and therefore dictating the type of atom it is. The exchange of the negatively charged electrons between the positively charged nuclei of atoms is what creates molecules. These magnetic fields seem minuscule, but their combined strength is so strong that they overcome the forces of gravity. So, my point here is that Magneto has a molecular control over any atoms.

2. Second of all, Magneto's power can be activated only by a single thought. This point is important for the rest of the post. Here's an example of Mags reacting at the speed of thought to use his power:

Speed of thought

3. Now, it's time for science. A normal person's thought is approximately 100 m/s, while ranging from 0,9 to 1,20 m/s (Speed of Nerve Impulses). According to canon history, Magneto can react 1450% faster than the normal human, here's the scan showing that:

1450% faster. In case you can't see, it's all about the fourth red point in the background: ''Subjects neural synaptic accelerated to 1450% above normal.'' So basically, Magneto ''thinking time'' is approximately 6,89 m/s (100/14,5).

4. Let's take Magneto's most devastating attack: desintegration. An attack that can kill instantly. Here's an example:

Desintegration
    Does somewhat the same to a mountain

5. Conclusion? Storm would have to react faster than 6,89 m/s to kill Magneto (morals off) before he desintegrate her, because she has no defense (featwise) against such a molecular level attack. Featwise, she doesn't have a better reaction time than Magneto, but i'm willing to hear what everyone has to say.

EDIT:

- some grammar mistakes
    - Fight 1 = Iceman since he can be in any H2O molecule anywhere. Assuming he can use his full potential (Astonishing X-Men by Liu).
    - Fight 2 = Phoenix.
    - Fight 4 = Franklin, no contest.
    Last edited by Magneto; 08-11-2019 at 03:04 PM.

I’m not sure who would win but I can make a strong case for Elixir. He has complete control over life force, biology of himself and others. He can’t be taken down but he can sure dish out punishment. He turned Magneto, Sabretooth, and Monet (all very formidable team busters) in skeletons and only stopped because he felt bad. And even though Storm can fire off Elixir’s synapses or give him a seizure, Josh has complete control over his body and can rework his brain. So I’ll say he wins Round One unless someone could say otherwise.

Fight 2: Jean
    Fight 3: ugh idk maybe a tie. modern comics paint them as equals (ie that Marvelous X-Men issue)
    Fight 4: Mister M turns everyone in butterflies.

Random question, and I’m sure I could Google this, but I always understood Orphan Maker was an Omega-Level mutant, but I’m not sure if he was ever formally categorised as such (and I was equally never exactly sure what his powers are/were).

Anyone fancy shedding any light to save me the extremely strenuous effort of looking at Wikipedia?

Edit: Never mind, I checked and reminded myself. We’ve never found out WHAT powers he has because Nanny specifically built the suit to suppress his powers.
    Last edited by Beadle; 08-11-2019 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Random question, and I’m sure I could Google this, but I always understood Orphan Maker was an Omega-Level mutant, but I’m not sure if he was ever formally categorised as such (and I was equally never exactly sure what his powers are/were).

Anyone fancy shedding any light to save me the extremely strenuous effort of looking at Wikipedia?

Edit: Never mind, I checked and reminded myself. We’ve never found out WHAT powers he has because Nanny specifically built the suit to suppress his powers.
    Just to add, the list of Omega level mutants in HoX is most likely not a complete list, either -- the names there were just examples.

A story like this *begs* for the reveal of more Omega level mutants.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Storm's best quickdraw attack is lighting, which I believe only powers up Magneto's electromagnetic manipulation powers.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

1. Hope - she's everything everyone else is and more.
    2. Second verse, same as the first.
    3. Storm has no chance against Mags.
    4. Frank or Mad Jim Jaspers, ignoring if Hope can copy one of them.

This list should really include people like Shaman Nate and Jesus Cable.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan