“Immortal Wonder Woman” art by JEN BARTEL
    “Nubia” written by L.L. McKINNEY
    “Nubia” art by ALITHA MARTINEZ and MARK MORALES
    cover by JEN BARTEL
    card stock variant cover by BECKY CLOONAN
    ON SALE 2/16/21
    $5.99 US | 48 PAGES | 2 OF 2 | FC | DC
    CARD STOCK VARIANT COVER $6.99 US

The Undoing is here. Superman couldn’t stop it. Darkseid couldn’t stop it. Only Diana Prince is left to hold back the being that could spell the complete disintegration of the cosmos. But will even she be powerful enough for the task?

Meanwhile, in another future, Nubia’s attempts to stop the theft of ancient artifacts have led her to an even bigger conspiracy, and an even bigger foe. Circe is up to her old tricks, even after all these years—and she has an offer that Nubia will find hard to refuse.

FUTURE STATE: SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN #2
    written by DAN WATTERS
    art by LEILA DEL DUCA
    cover by LEE WEEKS
    card stock variant cover by TERRY DODSON and RACHEL DODSON
    ON SALE 2/9/21
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | 2 OF 2 | FC | DC
    CARD STOCK COVER $4.99 US

Our heroes have challenged the gods themselves to a test of bravery for the fate of the Earth. But gods are notorious cheaters, and with Superman’s powers in flux, it falls to Wonder Woman to face down the sun itself! A utopian future awaits—but only if a Kryptonian peacemaker and an Amazon warrior can put aside their differences to become the World’s Finest Heroes!

FUTURE STATE: WONDER WOMAN #2
    written by JOËLLE JONES
    art and cover by JOËLLE JONES
    card stock variant cover by JENNY FRISON
    ON SALE 2/2/21
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | 2 OF 2 | FC | DC
    CARD STOCK VARIANT COVERS $4.99 US

Emerging from the Amazon rain forest, the new Wonder Woman must battle her way through hell! Witness Yara Flor at the height of her power as she takes on the king of the underworld, Hades himself! Betrayed by a close ally, Yara’s back is against the wall as she is forced to battle legions of demons for survival and to liberate her Themysciran sister. You won’t want to miss the exciting conclusion of this of rising superstar hero’s first adventure!

https://www.gamesradar.com/dc-future...vers-revealed/

Nice to see Circe mentioned, especially in Nubia's portion (which I'm far more excited about than Yara's).

Well Yara getting her own show was fast.

Fantastic Member

All i care about is good characters, character development and good stories. Race and ethnicity doesn't matter!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Well Yara getting her own show was fast.
    This was smart of DC. She can be their counter to Kamala Khan Ms Marvel.

While there are only few similarities: Brown teen girl as successor to the respective comic company’s premiere superheroine.

That’s really all you need to counter each other across media.

Plus there are some things with Kamala that are limited to show, due to her upbringing.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 11-17-2020 at 08:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lotchj View Post
    All i care about is good characters, character development and good stories. Race and ethnicity doesn't matter!!
    We heard you the first seven times.

Wonder if the Amazon Yara's trying to rescue from Hades will end up being Diana or some other previously established Amazon.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    This was smart of DC. She can be their counter to Kamala Khan Ms Marvel.

While there are only few similarities: Brown teen girl as successor to the respective comic company’s premiere superheroine.

That’s really all you need to counter each other across media.

Plus there are some things with Kamala that are limited to show, due to her upbringing.
    Not really if you get the right writing staff together. You can find a balance.

FYI-there are characters of color that have development and good stories.

The issue has been certain parts of comic book, video game, tv and movie fandoms REFUSE to understand that.

It's sad to say the Wonder Woman sequel appears to have stumbled in regards to race. A shame given its predecessor did much better.

https://english.alaraby.co.uk/englis...ti-arab-racism

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Bana-Mighdal can stay in Egypt. they just need to be not the violent one, and not wiped out the face of the earth, and maybe make Artemix a mixed race while we're at it, since she needs to be a descendant of Antiope but I also want her to be a symbol of the melting culture.
    Nubia, make Hypolitta's husband, whether prehistoric or ancient mixed race of black and white, that way we can have the twins white and black.
    I'm not offering the prehistoric husband who kills Hypolitta black, because while it's certainly possible, it's not a front page material.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Bana-Mighdal can stay in Egypt. they just need to be not the violent one, and not wiped out the face of the earth, and maybe make Artemix a mixed race while we're at it, since she needs to be a descendant of Antiope but I also want her to be a symbol of the melting culture.
    Nubia, make Hypolitta's husband, whether prehistoric or ancient mixed race of black and white, that way we can have the twins white and black.
    I'm not offering the prehistoric husband who kills Hypolitta black, because while it's certainly possible, it's not a front page material.
    Others have suggested making Nubia Philippus's daughter. If they get married, that makes her and Diana stepsisters.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 12-27-2020 at 12:33 PM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Others have suggested making Nubia Philippus's daughter. If they get marries that makes her and Diana stepsisters.
    Oh. Much simpler and better, since it will also increase Philipus' importance, and I get to keep Jason as the twin.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Others have suggested making Nubia Philippus's daughter. If they get marries that makes her and Diana stepsisters.
    That works. Or you could just go back to the clay origin and then Hippolyta made her more in her lover's image but still her/their daughter.

Clay origin rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Or you could just go back to the clay origin and then Hippolyta made her more in her lover's image but still her/their daughter.
    That... might be a little too creepy.

I like making her Philippus' daughter. I thought maybe making her one of the last children born of the Amazons before they seal themselves off could work.