Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Steve

But what should I man's man be? We have so many different ways to do that? I do agree with him being an adventurer. Maybe why he also joined the military. When he isn't adventuring maybe he collects things. Or maybe has a pet

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon Swordsman View Post
    I think it would make sense if Steve was agnostic. Not religious or atheist, but somewhere in that sketchy middle ground. I can see him being one of those people that say “well, I’m spiritual”, or “I don’t know for sure, I’d need to see evidence.” Something to that effect.
    Yeah, I could see that. I mean, really, the guy could be virtually anything for all the attention it's ever gotten. Since he's a supporting character and you have a little more flexibility with those and can get into things main characters usually can't, I'd like him to have a more....firm?....stance, just to get some conversations going. But agnostic would make a lot of sense. Actually, given the nature of the DCU I bet there's a lot of people who're just "Look around! There's gotta be something! But who knows what it is? Maybe we're just a imp's dream?! Who the crap knows anymore?"

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    But what should I man's man be? We have so many different ways to do that? I do agree with him being an adventurer. Maybe why he also joined the military. When he isn't adventuring maybe he collects things. Or maybe has a pet
    A man's man! You know! Someone who can fix their own motorcycle, repair their own house. Rugged, good with their hands. Can throw a punch and drink beer. Probably owns a dog and a gun (just for self defense). Holds the door for ladies and says what's on his mind honestly. That sorta thing.

And I'd agree; Steve should join the service so he can travel. Seems a perfect motivation for him. Collecting things? That's be a good hobby. Collecting what though?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Maybe something goofy like stamps from when he travels. Or maybe collects some old items to repair. Maybe some of them he donates to colleges due to the age of them.

Was Steve ever written into being a spy or working for one of the many organizations in the DCU? He popped up in Event Leviathan at one point, and I think he was working for A.R.G.U.S. I think his character needs to follow a similar story like Nightwing did in King and Seely's Grayson book. Making him just a military guy is way too boring in my opinion. He's got to be someone other than "Solider" or "Diana's boyfriend".

But I don't want him to just suddenly try and be his own solo character. That's not Steve. He should be a well-rounded supporting character for Diana.

I think being a unique type of agent, he should be sent out to adventure more often than simple government espionage, so he runs into Diana or fantasy scenarios that can bleed into Diana's stories both as herself and as a member of the Justice League.

Why can’t Steve work both has a solo character and supporting character? We have some supporting characters able to get their own mini series and comic series. I’m not saying he should have his own series. Rather we need to see him not always needing Diana’s help to solve things.

Why can’t Steve work both has a solo character and supporting character? We have some supporting characters able to get their own mini series and comic series. I’m not saying he should have his own series. Rather we need to see him not always needing Diana’s help to solve things.
    Sorry, when I said solo character, I meant his own book. I don't think he needs that, but they could totally make it if they wanted! Personally, I wouldn't read it because I only care for Steve Trevor as Diana's supporting cast. I think they can run solo on his own in her book during stories, doing his own thing while Diana does hers, and maybe their events meet together.

Or maybe Steve tells his Steve to Diana. Like why is (instead villain’s name here) is after Steve. I mean what small villain could hold a grudge on Steve? Maybe angle man? Or maybe Mouse Man? This is why I think there should be two comics. I really would like it if Steve got himself in a magical adventure. One thing I often wondered. How could Steve proof himself to the Amazons? I actually would like it if he becomes one of the first men to be invited by the Amazons. Like a step for them. Not super man but Steve

This is probably a dumb thing to say. But if Diana can be an honorable member of the pink lanterns what about Steve?

This is probably a dumb thing to say. But if Diana can be an honorable member of the pink lanterns what about Steve?
    Pink Lanterns? You mean the Star Sapphires?

I'm not really sure if that's a group anyone should *want* to be a part of; they're kinda-sorta villains at least half the time. But in all seriousness, not everyone can use a Lantern ring; just because you get a little angry now and then doesn't mean you can harness a red ring, for example. I mean, Green Arrow is one of the most stubborn, pig-headed, willful heroes in DC and he can barely make a green ring piss sparks. I'm not sure if Steve is such a loving person that he could make a Sapphire ring do much of anything. He definitely loves Diana, his country, and probably his job (at least some days) but there's a big difference between that and being so loving you can use a Lantern ring.

And since we're on the topic....Diana never should've been a Sapphire, she should've been an Indigo; they're the ones who channel compassion and Diana is largely considered one of, if not the most, compassionate heroes on earth. I mean, yeah, the Indigo tribe is made up of criminals who're basically brain washed into being nice people but.....as far as the emotional spectrum goes, I feel like compassion has more of a claim on Diana than love does (though love would certainly be #2).
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Was Steve ever written into being a spy or working for one of the many organizations in the DCU? He popped up in Event Leviathan at one point, and I think he was working for A.R.G.U.S.
    Yeah, he's employed by Argus, and has been since the New52. When he first showed up (in Justice League) he was the League's official liaison to Argus, and in Diana's book he's still employed by them (unless I missed something, and I did skip Robinson's run and haven't read the first chunk of GWW's).

I'd agree more should be done with this though. I feel like Steve would be the perfect "front man" for Argus, and should be the guy who arrives any time Argus gets involved in anything, in any book.

~ Black Panther.

And since we're on the topic....Diana never should've been a Sapphire, she should've been an Indigo; they're the ones who channel compassion and Diana is largely considered one of, if not the most, compassionate heroes on earth. I mean, yeah, the Indigo tribe is made up of criminals who're basically brain washed into being nice people but.....as far as the emotional spectrum goes, I feel like compassion has more of a claim on Diana than love does (though love would certainly be #2).
    I'm more "Diana never should have wielded a ring." Conceptually, I'm not even fond of the rainbow corps, but I don't read GL, so it doesn't really matter.

I'd agree more should be done with this though. I feel like Steve would be the perfect "front man" for Argus, and should be the guy who arrives any time Argus gets involved in anything, in any book.
    Sounds like a good idea to me. As long as A.R.G.U.S. could remain a good organization. Organizations tend to get taken over by baddies or go bad frequently. Then again, DC seems to want heroes going bad frequently now (at least one per year). It's depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Yeah, he's employed by Argus, and has been since the New52. When he first showed up (in Justice League) he was the League's official liaison to Argus, and in Diana's book he's still employed by them (unless I missed something, and I did skip Robinson's run and haven't read the first chunk of GWW's).

I agree, there's got to be more done with Steve and his job at A.R.G.U.S 'cause right now he's just standing around.

Which is why not have him try to start his own team or at least make sure Argus is more private. Steve is a symbol of the good of the military and Waller is the worst many times. Why not have him have some of the tea agreeing with him and make agrus more Steve as a leader than Waller?

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I'm more "Diana never should have wielded a ring." Conceptually, I'm not even fond of the rainbow corps, but I don't read GL, so it doesn't really matter.
    I enjoyed the novelty of it at the time of Blackest Night. The various Corps were still new, and it was fun seeing which one picked which hero or villain. I think the choices Johns made were a little....bland....in some cases (though a few were pretty great) and really, none of them (except maybe Scarecrow) should've been using rings at all, but.....eh, it was fun the first time.

But it's not anything I ever wanted to revisit either.

Sounds like a good idea to me. As long as A.R.G.U.S. could remain a good organization. Organizations tend to get taken over by baddies or go bad frequently. Then again, DC seems to want heroes going bad frequently now (at least one per year). It's depressing.
    Yknow, I think for the most part Argus has. There's likely been a story or two here and there about a rogue agent or whatnot, maybe the occasional questionable mission, but I don't remember any major tales where Argus broke bad. Maybe I just missed them, but so far I think Argus has been handled as being as much on the up-and-up as any military organization in comics (which are populated by illegal vigilantes, no matter how noble they are) gets.

~ Black Panther.

Here is the thing. What Steve stories can show Steve's skills? I mean if we want him in Argus we have to see his skills.