Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I firmly believe that Etta should be a college student at Holiday university (or whatever the school was called). And once the narrative unfolds some and she graduates, she should be a professor at the same school.

I think Diana's ties to the military offer a lot of ground to work with and an easy way to introduce story hooks, but not everyone in her world should come from the battlefield or Olympus and Etta is a fantastic way to bring some "normal" people into Diana's life and keep her grounded. And she's of course a great way to explore women-centric social issues.

And you're right; Etta (proper Ettas, not the weak sauce Amanda Waller copies) has mountains of personality. Hell, basic Etta has more personality than virtually any other supporting character in DC not named Lois Lane or Jimmy Olsen!
    Higher, Faster, Further....More.

Truth, Justice, and a Better Tomorrow!

Bridge Four!

As I've been thinking about Etta, I've definitely come around to SeigePerilous02 and Ascended's thinking.

In my Wonder Woman Series Bible Thingee, I want to take Etta back to being one of Diana's first and one of her greatest BFFs. And I think that a better way to do that is have her return to her roots as a student at Holliday College and develop her from there. Her characterization in De Liz's The Legend of Wonder Woman was nearly a pitch-perfect modern take (despite being set in the 40s) and Diana should meet her and befriend her in one of her earliest adventures in Patriarch's World.
    Last edited by WonderScott; 08-12-2019 at 05:56 PM.

This is why I think maybe not have Etta in the military rather have Etta and the rest of the Holliday girls be the first Amazons in the Patriarchal world. They are taught and trained by Diana to become the first amazons would be a great storyline. When Diana doesn't true the army or needs extra help on her magical adventures the Holliday Girls are who she calls. I don't know to give a modern twist we should have the Holliday Girls be no strangers to magic. Where they live is the best way. Gateway Holliday University is at the center of an interdimensional city.
    Support IMPOSSIBLE JONES

impossiblekickstarter.com

I am definitely down with the idea of Gateway City being an actual gateway city, with portals to any number of different places around the globe, space, and other realms. I've seen that mentioned before here, was it your idea originally? I really love it. Just to warn you (or whoever came up with this first) if I ever somehow end up writing Wonder Woman (which will never happen since Im not looking for a job at DC) I'm blatantly and unapologetically stealing the concept.

Im not sure about Etta and the Girls becoming Amazons or mages though. If the main purpose of Etta and the Girls is to provide supporting cast members who are regular people that keep Diana grounded, then enhancing them with Amazon training and/or magic pulls them away from what they're meant to provide in the narrative. I mean, Diana could give Etta a relic of some kind for self-defense (which would make sense) but that's a very different animal than teaching her fully in the Amazon arts of war and magic.

However, you could use Donna and Cassie for that. Present them as the first "students" Diana has, and then expand on that and create a small unit of "Wonder Girls" who Diana trains (you dont actually have to call them Wonder Girls, Im just trying to get the idea across here). That helps solidify Cass and Donna in Diana's mythos (and both are rarely very present in Diana's pages so this would help keep them around), it provides the "new Amazons" idea you're suggesting (which I think does have a lot of merit), and it brings Diana's talents as a teacher and mentor to the fore as well as offering new, easy story options (how many arcs could you pull from a student getting in over her head before you repeat yourself? Dozens, I'd expect!)
    Higher, Faster, Further....More.

Truth, Justice, and a Better Tomorrow!

Bridge Four!

Yea it was my idea. My idea was that Gateway city is all connected to each other. So Diana having citizenship is Citizenship to all the realms. So Any country she is a citizen or at least some type of ambassador. One idea also is at least two or one of her villains live there. One being Circe and the other being Cheetah. I say this since gods live somewhere in one of the realms of Gateway.

All I'm saying is the Holliday Girls should be trained can defend themselves. I'm not saying them use magic just be able to help Diana in certain things from time to time. Nowadays Holliday girls would be seen as an easy thing for Diana's foe to try and target so I would like to see them sometimes hold their own. So maybe Cassie can lead this group? The Holliday Girls can some self-defense by Diana but Cassie really takes things up a notch. A
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 08-12-2019 at 01:13 PM.
    Support IMPOSSIBLE JONES

impossiblekickstarter.com