Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I have to agree. Can't Diana work with Steve without having to do it thought the military? I like the idea of Diana being her own thing while helping Steve with certain things.

Mighty Member

I like her working with the military. I really can't imagine her any other way. She's all about being an emissary of some kind and a bridge between worlds and you can't do that without getting involved with the militia.

True. But I think she is paid by them. I rather if Diana makes money not to be in the US. If anything how did it even work for her to be in the military? Is it because of the connection with Steve?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    True. But I think she is paid by them. I rather if Diana makes money not to be in the US. If anything how did it even work for her to be in the military? Is it because of the connection with Steve?
    I think this was answered during the story where she met her long lost brother.

I lost introduce when Jason came in. When it comes to money Diana could easily get money due to the copyrighting her name.

Amazing Member

Diana should never be associated with any army or soldier of patriarch's world because
    1) they all worship or provide power to ares (hence being her "natural enemies")
    2) they are doing the opposite of Amazon philosophy teachings (males pathetically and dangerously squabbling among themselves instead of willingly submit to a loving authority)
    3) they are one of the things diana is here to help us get rid of (I.e. wars)

In the 40's diana involvement with the army was part of the propaganda that affected each and every facet of life.
    To be a "good american" , WMM betrayed the basic concept on which WW was based: a woman is great in herself and does not need to depend on a man.
    I don't know how many panels did this "integrity" last.
    Diana, a millennia old lesbian, immediately loved the mighty american soldier and army.

So, any and all of Diana's interactions with an army that are not
    1) teaching them the proper Amazon ways
    2) disarming them all and disbanding the whole "organization"
    Are pure and simple bad characterization.

Now, how come she is depicted as a flag kisser is an act of bad writing and worse editing.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpis View Post
    Diana should never be associated with any army or soldier of patriarch's world because
    1) they all worship or provide power to ares (hence being her "natural enemies")
    2) they are doing the opposite of Amazon philosophy teachings (males pathetically and dangerously squabbling among themselves instead of willingly submit to a loving authority)

In the 40's diana involvement with the army was part of the propaganda that affected each and every facet of life.
    To be a "good american" , WMM betrayed the basic concept on which WW was based: a woman is great in herself and does not need to depend on a man.
    Diana, a millennia old lesbian, immediately loved the mighty american soldier and army.

Now, how come she is depicted as a flag kisser is an act of bad writing and worse editing.
    Diana has not now nor has she ever been portrayed as a lesbian, so let's put an end to that as a 'fact'. Might she be bisexual/pansexual/queer? Yes. Lesbian? No.
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

Spectacular Member

1) Since when modern US military worship an ancian greek god ? pure speculation, never state in the comic in the present continuity (n52 and after)
    2) i suppose women soldiers don't have their word to say...
    3) no war don't mean no soldiers. Amazons are warriors after all

I won't even reply to the rest...

Mighty Member

I like the military aspect of Wonder Woman because I like military sci-fi and fantasy. She is an amazon that fights the god of war and works in politics so it makes since if she has a military/government job. I don't really see the issue with her being paid by them but I also don't put that much thought in these comic book stories.
    Last edited by Lex Luthor; 10-25-2019 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    Diana has not now nor has she ever been portrayed as a lesbian, so let's put an end to that as a 'fact'. Might she be bisexual/pansexual/queer? Yes. Lesbian? No.
    A valid point one which many lose sight of.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."