So I am reading Boku no Hero Academia for the first time and I'm thinking that the Hero Academia format would do wonders for a book about the younger generation of mutants. All the recent or not so recent books about the school such as Wolverine & The X-Men and Bendis' run (kinda), Young Mutants (whathaver that was), Generation Hope and the more recent Generation X did nothing for me. The recent books that made the whole "training a new generation of heroes" experience more enjoyable for me were X-Men Legacy (and it was not always about that, but Rogue as a teacher was very nice) and New X-Men.

I would really like an approach like My Hero Academia to the format: a new class of students being taught how to be mutant heroes by adult X-Men or graduated former students (Hellion, Surge, Pixie, the Cuckoos etc. have already been in enough decimation events to be able to teach new mutants about that), with a big focus on their powers and how to improve them, but also how to be a nice hero while also including the mutant problem and discrimination into that.
I think some books have tried this approach or something similar (maybe) but they failed miserably, going into too much teen drama or turning it into yet another generic superhero book and I've failed to feel the sympathy for new characters since New X-Men or the original Gen X.

Do you guys think something similar to My Hero Academia could work for mutants? And how would you execute the idea?