Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Characters you hate.

I just wanted to o know about the characters you hate and why. For me it is the inhumans. I just really hated reading the fantastic four issues with them. The stories just seemed to drag on and I got so sick of that love story with her and the torch. And mad Max trying to take over every two minutes. It just got really old really fast.

So who do you hate?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Steve Rogers. Absolutely loathe this character because the writers clearly love him so much. Whenever he shows up, almost all of the characters fawn on him like just being in his presence is the most wonderful experience ever. And if someone dares to disagree with him, the rest of the story will be about how that person is evil, an idiot, or an evil idiot. It's gotten to the point that I literally dread any comic I hear will have him in it.

Storm. Partly because of her holier than thou attitude. Partly because of some of her fans' holier than thou attitude.
    Last edited by cc008; 05-13-2018 at 07:21 AM.

Don't really hate any characters, more like apathy.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Steve Rogers is the absolute worst.

I have said why many times already but yeah...he’s in a tier of his own in that dept.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Fantomex and Quetin Quire. Both characters are just awful, but because they were created by Grant Morrison that makes other writers think they are important characters and they keep getting used. They would both make better straight up villains then they ever have trying to cram them onto an x-team.

Depends of what you mean by hate.

There are characters I used to like but don't anymore because I'm tired to see them everywhere: Iron Man, Wolverine, Rogue, Storm, Dr Strange...
    Those I never liked but are somewhat bearable in a team book: Jean Grey, Colossus, Scarlet Witch

And then there are those I hate with such a passion that they can ruin a comics for me: Quentin Quire, Sabretooth (evil version) and Wolvie (from the recent Exiles)

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

I used to think that Marvel trying to make Phil Coulson work in the comics was the most annoying thing ever, but he's dead now so I feel silly that I ever even felt strongly about it.

Extraordinary Member

I don't hate any characters, but Doctor Strange is a character who makes my heart sink almost any time he shows up. He always comes off as this know-it-all expert who spoils the fun by explaining everything.

Professor Xavier is the same way. I don't hate him as a character, I just usually find him a killjoy. I'll be having fun with the mutants doing their thing, and then Xavier shows up with his authority-figure attitude and everyone else sucks up to him. It just makes every story a little less fun.

Neither of them are bad characters, I just prefer for them not to show up because of the way they're used by the creators.

BANNED

Goddamn Deadpool.

I don't hate Storm, but her more outspoken fans can make it really hard to like her.

I don't hate any character, but I do find some uninteresting. Like Beast and Mockingbird for instance.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 05-12-2018 at 11:40 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

iMan 42s

Riri Williams.

Took over the Iron man book less than a year in, had 8 pages total to her name and got shoved down our throats for a year and some change. I'm sorry but just saying shes awesome does not make her so. She has a cliched backstory, nobody was clamoring for it to happen, she succeeded because shut up and not because she had anything to bring other heroes couldn't or do well, and derailed the franchise. I sincerely hope Slott just gets rid of her and we can pretend this era never happened. But given my luck he'll probably make Doom skin somebody again and Riri is the defacto sidekick.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Fantomex and Quetin Quire. Both characters are just awful, but because they were created by Grant Morrison that makes other writers think they are important characters and they keep getting used.
    Both characters were fine in the roles Morrison had for them. Even enjoyable in context (ymmv, of course). But their continued use has mostly grated on me. The woobification of Quire, especially. The repeat cycle of every writer excusing his crap because he got some unhappy news once upon a time and assuring us again and again that he really does have a heart under all his tedious cycles of unearned teenage angst and cocksureness is just the most wearisome nonsense.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 05-12-2018 at 10:53 AM.

Spectacular Member

There's characters that I just find so overwhelmingly boring like the Inhumans, Eternal and Ms Marvel that I avoid them when ever possible.

Then there's ones that are so silly that I refuse to lose IQ points reading anything containing them, examples are the above mentioned Wolvie in the new Exiles and Moon Girl.

But there's one character who has a rabid fan base that I just absolutely hate and fail to see how he appeals to anyone and that's Gambit. I have never enjoyed an issue of anything he's appeared in.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Usually my hatred of characters only comes in if I don't like how they treat any of my favorites, or feel they outright ruin them.

Mystique whenever she's paired up with Sabretooth. That relationship ruins both, for different reasons. I am indifferent to her, until they have her pussifying Creed. When they're in books together, that's my cue to stay away. I preferred all of Creed's other love interests and flings. Monet, Bonnie, Holly. Hell even the old lady he seduced at the brothel he stayed in. lol

All Wolverines, with 1 exception. We have 6 Wolverines in the 616 verse that we don't need. Doesn't help that there's always at least one in every single book. And I hate how, once again, Sabretooth is constantly written down & punk'd out just to make all them look good. Sabretooth was supposed to be the superior one, then 2003 hit and now he's the redhead stepchild of the Wolverines. With him losing to people he shouldn't be losing to, and the Wolverines winning against people they shouldn't be beating. All of them get preferential treatment. Creed's had his ass easily kicked by 4 out of 6 of them. The exception of Wolverines that I like is Wolvie from Exiles, who I think is cute. For now, anyway.

Shiklah, who was married to Deadpool. She started off ok, but honestly I never cared for her. She was tolerable in volume 3 of the series. But then volume 4 hit, and she became insufferable. Namely because she was horrible and always got away with it. Like Mystique with Creed, she ran that relationship with Deadpool as her bitch. He was always wrong, and she was always the victim. Jordan D. White even stating that Shiklah didn't pick a good husband, and that Deadpool deserves whatever she dishes out. Plus I hate how stupid his character was made when it came to her -to the point it seemed like he didn't have common sense. And because of that, despite Shiklah's horrible behavior, Deadpool should've seen it coming, and even worse that all he does is kiss her ass when he's not avoiding her.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 05-12-2018 at 10:50 AM.