View Poll Results: Yay or Nay?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pair Them Up

10 35.71%
  • No Thanks

18 64.29%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question If Felicia Hardy aka Black Cat can't be with Peter would you...

...rather she be with a fully redeemed Ben Reilly aka OG Scarlet Spider at some point?

I say yay, but what do you say my fellow users? I think they could make a good couple.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

110% in favor of seeing a Ben Reilly x Felicia Hardy romantic couple.

Read Spider-man Unlimited #11. I’ve shipped them since I read that over 2 decades ago. Felt it was a wasted opportunity that no one explored their relationship after that. Ben is hot hot hot for Felicia the whole issue and Felicia is totally flirtatious with Ben and gives him a big surprise kiss at the end. What happened? Come on Marvel! Give us Pete and MJ and Ben and Felicia. You get the best of both worlds there! LOL

I say Nay.

Surely she can do better than a clone of the guy she wants to be with. Unless she is only interested in Peter for his looks.

Does Felicia still want to be with Parker? I've lost track on this part with all of the retcons and some crossovers that I cant afford.

beetle cat
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

In honor of this thread.... I'm going to post Ben's hilarious thought bubbles with his perving out moments from his team up with Felicia.... enjoy!

And the ending kiss from Felicia. AWWWWNNNN....

BANNED

I liked the Felicia and Flash romance.

Felicia is a much more interesting character with Peter as her one who got away.

Pairing Felicia with Ben would just seem too much like she's using him as a substitute Peter. Also Felicia's already dated four of Peter's friends (Flash, Matt, Johnny and Puma) so this would be even more troubling.

Give her a girlfriend.

I have no problem whatsoever with continued flirting between Ben and Felicia, and I wouldn't mind a story in which we see them get serious. But she's definitely not on the top of my list regarding Ben's love life. Civilian-wise, Jessica and Janine have the most to offer, I think -- but for me, I 'ship Ben and Firestar. Their flirtations in NW were brief but enjoyable, and I appreciated how she was the only one who realized Ben had taken over as Spidey.

-Pav, who loved that Scarlet / NW / Phil Goblin era...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Astonishing Member

Not sure, but I kinda remember a comic (don't remember which one, maybe a What If...?) where Felicia showed disgusting attitude through the idea of dating a clone of Spidey.

Anyway, I believe a better match for Felicia could be Flash Thompson, especially during his time as "Agent Venom". It was like Black Cat and "Black Spider-Man" all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Not sure, but I kinda remember a comic (don't remember which one, maybe a What If...?) where Felicia showed disgusting attitude through the idea of dating a clone of Spidey.

Anyway, I believe a better match for Felicia could be Flash Thompson, especially during his time as "Agent Venom". It was like Black Cat and "Black Spider-Man" all over again.
    You may be thinking of the issue in which D'Spayre takes hold of both Felicia and Peter, and we learn that Ben is able to save the day because he was actually familiar with D'Spayre from his days on the road.

-Pav, who wishes this would've gotten a follow-up...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    You may be thinking of the issue in which D'Spayre takes hold of both Felicia and Peter, and we learn that Ben is able to save the day because he was actually familiar with D'Spayre from his days on the road.

-Pav, who wishes this would've gotten a follow-up...
    Same. It's still my personal canon that D'Spayre got into Ben's head and added to the torture he suffered under Miles Warren, prodding his more destructive actions that he took near the end of The Clone Conspiracy.

That said, while it would be interesting to also revisit her relationship with Flash Thompson (assuming he comes back from the dead, and did she attend his funeral?), I can agree that it might be time to try something (or someone) new for her, instead of just pairing her with Peter's male friends/allies or even Peter's clones. Hmm . . . maybe someone else who can make luck work for them, too? Like Longshot or Domino, or even bring back Maria Vasquez/Tarantula from Felicia's time in Heroes for Hire that launched during the original Civil War saga, if we still want a Spider connection.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Classic Ben Reilly, yes. The weird crazy version that spun out of Clone Conspiracy? Eh, no thanks. I don't like Felicia hooking up with villains or crazies. (Ie: it's also a big no from me for any Eddie Brock and Morbius pairings.)
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Same. It's still my personal canon that D'Spayre got into Ben's head and added to the torture he suffered under Miles Warren, prodding his more destructive actions that he took near the end of The Clone Conspiracy.

That said, while it would be interesting to also revisit her relationship with Flash Thompson (assuming he comes back from the dead, and did she attend his funeral?), I can agree that it might be time to try something (or someone) new for her, instead of just pairing her with Peter's male friends/allies or even Peter's clones. Hmm . . . maybe someone else who can make luck work for them, too? Like Longshot or Domino, or even bring back Maria Vasquez/Tarantula from Felicia's time in Heroes for Hire that launched during the original Civil War saga, if we still want a Spider connection.
    I remember she teamed up with Longshot in X-Factor and apparently their powers caused problems for both of them so they decided it was best to stay away from each other.