View Poll Results: Yay or Nay?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pair Them Up

    10 35.71%
  • No Thanks

    18 64.29%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30
  1. #1
    Extraordinary Member Celgress's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,876

    Question If Felicia Hardy aka Black Cat can't be with Peter would you...

    ...rather she be with a fully redeemed Ben Reilly aka OG Scarlet Spider at some point?

    I say yay, but what do you say my fellow users? I think they could make a good couple.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

  2. #2
    Mighty Member Vortex85's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,248

    Default

    110% in favor of seeing a Ben Reilly x Felicia Hardy romantic couple.

    Read Spider-man Unlimited #11. Iíve shipped them since I read that over 2 decades ago. Felt it was a wasted opportunity that no one explored their relationship after that. Ben is hot hot hot for Felicia the whole issue and Felicia is totally flirtatious with Ben and gives him a big surprise kiss at the end. What happened? Come on Marvel! Give us Pete and MJ and Ben and Felicia. You get the best of both worlds there! LOL

  3. #3
    Mighty Member Thievery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,704

    Default

    I say Nay.

    Surely she can do better than a clone of the guy she wants to be with. Unless she is only interested in Peter for his looks.

    Does Felicia still want to be with Parker? I've lost track on this part with all of the retcons and some crossovers that I cant afford.

  4. #4
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    7,342

    Default

    beetle cat
    Dance games are my divine punishment from the Lord. May my furnace be forever fueled.

  5. #5
    Mighty Member Vortex85's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,248

    Default

    In honor of this thread.... I'm going to post Ben's hilarious thought bubbles with his perving out moments from his team up with Felicia.... enjoy!


  6. #6
    Mighty Member Vortex85's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,248

    Default

    And the ending kiss from Felicia. AWWWWNNNN....


  7. #7
    Astonishing Member Revolutionary_Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    2,214

    Default

    I liked the Felicia and Flash romance.

    Felicia is a much more interesting character with Peter as her one who got away.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    19,858

    Default

    Pairing Felicia with Ben would just seem too much like she's using him as a substitute Peter. Also Felicia's already dated four of Peter's friends (Flash, Matt, Johnny and Puma) so this would be even more troubling.

  9. #9
    Mighty Member Spider-Chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,179

    Default

    Give her a girlfriend.

  10. #10
    Y'know. Pav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,184

    Default

    I have no problem whatsoever with continued flirting between Ben and Felicia, and I wouldn't mind a story in which we see them get serious. But she's definitely not on the top of my list regarding Ben's love life. Civilian-wise, Jessica and Janine have the most to offer, I think -- but for me, I 'ship Ben and Firestar. Their flirtations in NW were brief but enjoyable, and I appreciated how she was the only one who realized Ben had taken over as Spidey.

    -Pav, who loved that Scarlet / NW / Phil Goblin era...
    2019 Marvel Monthly Buys: Superior Spider-Man Runaways Absolute Carnage: Lethal Protectors Silver Surfer: Black Death's Head House of X Powers of X Contagion

    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my middle school students! DM for details

  11. #11
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,124

    Default

    Not sure, but I kinda remember a comic (don't remember which one, maybe a What If...?) where Felicia showed disgusting attitude through the idea of dating a clone of Spidey.

    Anyway, I believe a better match for Felicia could be Flash Thompson, especially during his time as "Agent Venom". It was like Black Cat and "Black Spider-Man" all over again.

  12. #12
    Y'know. Pav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Not sure, but I kinda remember a comic (don't remember which one, maybe a What If...?) where Felicia showed disgusting attitude through the idea of dating a clone of Spidey.

    Anyway, I believe a better match for Felicia could be Flash Thompson, especially during his time as "Agent Venom". It was like Black Cat and "Black Spider-Man" all over again.
    You may be thinking of the issue in which D'Spayre takes hold of both Felicia and Peter, and we learn that Ben is able to save the day because he was actually familiar with D'Spayre from his days on the road.

    -Pav, who wishes this would've gotten a follow-up...
    2019 Marvel Monthly Buys: Superior Spider-Man Runaways Absolute Carnage: Lethal Protectors Silver Surfer: Black Death's Head House of X Powers of X Contagion

    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my middle school students! DM for details

  13. #13
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    6,687

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    You may be thinking of the issue in which D'Spayre takes hold of both Felicia and Peter, and we learn that Ben is able to save the day because he was actually familiar with D'Spayre from his days on the road.

    -Pav, who wishes this would've gotten a follow-up...
    Same. It's still my personal canon that D'Spayre got into Ben's head and added to the torture he suffered under Miles Warren, prodding his more destructive actions that he took near the end of The Clone Conspiracy.

    That said, while it would be interesting to also revisit her relationship with Flash Thompson (assuming he comes back from the dead, and did she attend his funeral?), I can agree that it might be time to try something (or someone) new for her, instead of just pairing her with Peter's male friends/allies or even Peter's clones. Hmm . . . maybe someone else who can make luck work for them, too? Like Longshot or Domino, or even bring back Maria Vasquez/Tarantula from Felicia's time in Heroes for Hire that launched during the original Civil War saga, if we still want a Spider connection.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  14. #14
    "Emma is STILL right! Vegeta's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,587

    Default

    Classic Ben Reilly, yes. The weird crazy version that spun out of Clone Conspiracy? Eh, no thanks. I don't like Felicia hooking up with villains or crazies. (Ie: it's also a big no from me for any Eddie Brock and Morbius pairings.)
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

  15. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    19,858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Same. It's still my personal canon that D'Spayre got into Ben's head and added to the torture he suffered under Miles Warren, prodding his more destructive actions that he took near the end of The Clone Conspiracy.

    That said, while it would be interesting to also revisit her relationship with Flash Thompson (assuming he comes back from the dead, and did she attend his funeral?), I can agree that it might be time to try something (or someone) new for her, instead of just pairing her with Peter's male friends/allies or even Peter's clones. Hmm . . . maybe someone else who can make luck work for them, too? Like Longshot or Domino, or even bring back Maria Vasquez/Tarantula from Felicia's time in Heroes for Hire that launched during the original Civil War saga, if we still want a Spider connection.
    I remember she teamed up with Longshot in X-Factor and apparently their powers caused problems for both of them so they decided it was best to stay away from each other.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •