View Poll Results: What's your pick for the omega with the highest psionic energy output?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jamie Braddock (Monarch)

1 3.33%
  • Robert Drake (Iceman)

0 0%
  • Joshua Foley (Elixir)

0 0%
  • Jean Grey (Marvel Girl)

6 20.00%
  • David Haller (Legion)

0 0%
  • Erik Lensherr (Magneto)

0 0%
  • Kevin MacTaggert (Proteus)

1 3.33%
  • Absalom Mercator (Mister M)

0 0%
  • Ororo Munroe (Storm)

0 0%
  • Bennet du Paris (Exodus)

0 0%
  • Quentin Quire (Kid Omega)

0 0%
  • Franklin Richards (Powerhouse)

21 70.00%
  • Gabriel Summers (Vulcan)

1 3.33%
  • Hope Summers (Hope)

0 0%
  • Other/honorable mention/insert your fav here

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Has there ever been a psionic power grid? How much is too much?

These questions spun out of the discussion about the omega mutant list. We know for the sake of Hickman’s new direction for the Mutants that omegas are to be protected above all. They are considered to be natural resources for the new mutant nation of Krakoa. Many were quick to point out that all of the omega abilities listed were psionic in nature. Pondering on that bit I started to think it’s possible their actual mutant specialty isn’t what makes them omega. Maybe it’s the scale and scope that the omegas are capable of projecting their consciousness to affect their surroundings.

Let’s take Magneto. He was able to track the bullet and bring Kitty back to earth. The range this man has is ridiculous.
    While the complex, intricate nature of acting as the central nervous system for the dreaming celestial shows just how polished and refined he is in power application. Again, I believe it’s the scale and scope of his innate mutant psionic abilities to affect his environment is what’s incalculable. I think what I’m trying to say is what he and all other omegas have in common is their abilities to expel psionic energy on an incalculable scale in order to affect the world through their specialized mutantion. If that makes any sense.

That leads me to the next question of what omega is capable of harnessing and/or discharging the most psionic energy? What’s the highest on record? Are there beings that feed on psionic energy? Does Krakoa? Are there any downsides to all the omegas being in one place, expending massive amounts of psionic energy? What happens when one or more of them decides to push their powers to the max and how does that effect the world around them? This is NOT for the battle forums. I do NOT discourage debate about which character is more powerful tho.

I fully endorse healthy, positive, thoughtful and respectful debate about the overlap of many of the omega power classifications. Its all in good fun and should be taken as such. It’s not just about Storm theoretically being able to replicate the same effects of Magneto/Polaris and Bobby simultaneously, despite the fact that they all have completely different powers.

She's wicked when it comes to temperature control. She can get ridiculous and she’s only just begun really playing around with magnetism. I’m hoping to discuss that and more.

It’s understandable to be fearful that just one alone could bring the world to its knees. But two, three or ten... that’s scary because together who could really stop them? They could take over the world before anyone could blink. That’s understandable. That fear is only right. But even coming together to save the world and keep the peace, what dangers do they pose just by existing together in one place with a combined psionic energy nexus of untold power? Is it safe for everyone to harbor omega level mutants in one place? Could there be consequences moving forward? The omega list and the idea to protect them above all has really stirred up some questions in my head.

Let’s all have feats and proper discussion of power overlap, omega snubs and honorable mentions. Feel free to talk about whether you believe an omega is more omega than the next. Do you personally feel it’s a good idea for all the omegas to gather in one place? Is there potential for psionic overload, so to speak? Everyone should be in agreement that omegas and their power read on an incalculable scale. At what point do all the omegas surpass it on the understanding of what it now means to be mutant? And are there any consequences for omegas just existing as they are? On the omega power grid who puts out the most psionic energy and poses the biggest threat?

Have fun all who dare to enjoy! No negative energy please. Keep it to yourself. Does anyone else care to speculate wildly with me? Bring it on, y’all!
    Last edited by terrancejameson; 08-11-2019 at 12:05 PM.

Franklin Richards used his powers to restore the entire multiverse after Secret Wars.

You can't go over that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Franklin Richards used his powers to restore the entire multiverse after Secret Wars.

You can't go over that.
    That's quite impressive. Has his psionic energy output ever been measured to your knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by terrancejameson View Post
    That's quite impressive. Has his psionic energy output ever been measured to your knowledge?
    At his best, he is a universal-scale reality warper. He has defeated Celestiales with ease, created pocket dimensions. His only real limit seems to be his imagination. He cannot be quantified. Even now that he has been nerfed he is more powerful than Silver Surfer.

BANNED

At his best, he is a universal-scale reality warper. He has defeated Celestiales with ease, created pocket dimensions. His only real limit seems to be his imagination. He cannot be quantified. Even now that he has been nerfed he is more powerful than Silver Surfer.
    From the sound of him it definitely sounds like he ranks at the top of the psionic energy output totem pole. Clearly his omega power would rank him amongst the celestials or greater. Would you be willing to give your rankings of omegas given your baseline of what it means for Franklin's omega status?

Marvel kind of merged their card mental power and energy projection grid into one.

People like Professor X, Jean Grey and Storm where considered a (6) on their scale...Master Psions

While people with immeasurable psionic abilities like the Phoenix Force and Roma had (7) as cosmic gods.

More then likely Franklin would be a solid (7) on the old card grid system
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

You can't go over that.
    Pretty much this. Franklin is in his own weight class even among the Omegas.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Marvel kind of merged their card mental power and energy projection grid into one.

People like Professor X, Jean Grey and Storm where considered a (6) on their scale...Master Psions

While people with immeasurable psionic abilities like the Phoenix Force and Roma had (7) as cosmic gods.

More then likely Franklin would be a solid (7) on the old card grid system
    I really like this. I could roll with it as long as Jean and Ororo get bumped up to a 7. They're masters of their designated fields and it works. Professor will always be a a master 6.

The problem is that Franklin is so above, let's be honest, anything that is not a cosmic entity (and even some of them, like Galactus and Celestials) that makes any scale for him irrelevant

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I haven't seen any mutant come even close to what franklin has done. The closest thing would be White Phoenix Jean.

Personally, if I had to classify the omegas, it would be something like Franklin >>>>>> Proteus, Legion and Monarch >> Mister M and Vulcan> Storm, Magneto, Jean, Kid Omega, Elixir, Exodus, Hope and Iceman.

PD: Conveniently of the most powerful only Proteus is allied with Krakoa and his powers fluctuate a lot depending on whether he has a suitable host or not.
    Last edited by Glio; 08-11-2019 at 01:58 PM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Personally, if I had to classify the omegas, it would be something like Franklin >>>>>> Proteus, Legion and Monarch >> Mister M and Vulcan> Storm, Magneto, Jean, Kid Omega, Elixir, Exodus, Hope and Iceman.
    It is so weird to don't see Nate Grey on those rankings anymore. He is supposed to be a genetically engineered powerhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    It is so weird to don't see Nate Grey on those rankings anymore. He is supposed to be a genetically engineered powerhouse.
    But he is in Age of X-man.

If he were, I would put him next to Legion, Monarch and Proteus.

Incredible Member

It'd probably go: Franklin Richards, Nathan Grey, Legion, Jamie Braddock and Proteus.

The official list for the most powerful beings in all of Marvel is:

1: One Above All
    2: The Fulcrum/Taimut the Dreaming
    3: Beyonder (Pre-nerf)
    4: Molecule Man (pre-nerf)
    5: Scathan the Approver
    6: The Living Tribunal
    7: Protege
    8: Mad Jim Jaspers
    9. Franklin Richards
    10. Mikaboshi the Sky King/Kubik/Kosmos
    11: The Vishanti/Cyttorak/Shuma-Gorrath/Abraxus/Chthon/The Phoenix
    12: Death/Eternity/Oblivion/Infinity/Galactus/Hawk God
    13: Master Order/Master Chaos
    14: The In-Betweener/Tyrant
    15: Per-Nerf Doctor Strange
    16: Odin/Zeus/Surtur/Ego/Mephisto
    17: Dormammu/Max Power Thor/Max Power Hulk/Max Power Juggernaut/Thanos/Drax/Onslaught

Everyone else is below that.