Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Will One Piece beat Batman?

Looks like the manga one piece may pass batman in worldwide sales this year! (keep in mind as other forums have pointed out they are counting the monthy batman books but not shonen jump monthy were one piece is shown. If it counted shonen jump's japan sales one piece could have beat batman aready!)

This shows just how big manga can get. What do you guys think of this? Maybe dc could do a batman one piece crossover! (hey they teamed up with goku in the games!)

Should dc look at this? Will one piece not catch up with batman? What do you guys think?

https://comicbook.com/anime/2019/03/...-record-manga/
    Last edited by Gaastra; 08-11-2019 at 01:26 PM.

A crossover..? Ew...

a crossover would be hilariously absurd and I would go broke for that story!! the world of One Piece is so insane Batman would be completely out of his depth but also the possibility of a Devil Fruit and/or Haki powered Batman is just too awesome to pass up.

it would never happen tho.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I can see a pirate batman with a parrot riding a pirate ship shaped like a bat!
    Last edited by Gaastra; 08-11-2019 at 01:29 PM.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

What s really insane is only took One Piece a little over 20 years to get close to what Batman has sold in 80. The last numbers I saw had Batman at 474 million sold and One Piece as 454 million so I think it is not a matter is if One Piece will pass Batman at this point it is a matter of when.

Last edited by Zero Hunter; 08-11-2019 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dog of War View Post
    A crossover..? Ew...
    While I don't see it happening, why on earth is this ew? Batman's had crossovers with Scooby Doo, Predator, Aliens, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, I think maybe even Robocop and/or Terminator if my memory's not too fuzzy. Or is this just an "I hate anime" thing?

Edit: And I forgot to mention the crossovers with public domain characters like Sherlock Holmes and Dracula. Hell hasn't there been Elseworlds where he's dealt with real world historical people like Houdini and Jack the Ripper?
    Last edited by Vakanai; 08-11-2019 at 03:15 PM.

Batman also teamed up with the mask, judge dredd, Grendel, catwoman teamed up with vampirella, punisher, spawn, daredevil, Spider-Man, bugs bunny, ash from evil dead, hellboy, darkness, tarzan, ghost from dark horse, witchblade, danger girl, little archies!, man from uncle, steed and mrs peel, green hornet, lumberjanes, power rangers, and black hammer among others!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public...ossover_events

If DC ever did a crossover with a manga series, I imagine their first choice would be Dragon Ball for obvious reasons. Also most mangas don't crossover with other manga series so a cultural crossover between East and West seems even more unlikely.

One Piece deserves it. It's been the most consistantly amazing comic reading experience of the last twenty years. Oda is a genius.

I actually love anime and am a huge nerd for it. Just not One Piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    If DC ever did a crossover with a manga series, I imagine their first choice would be Dragon Ball for obvious reasons. Also most mangas don't crossover with other manga series so a cultural crossover between East and West seems even more unlikely.
    Barring series the author has previously worked on, pretty much.

Anime... Both One Piece and Dragon Ball have actually had TWO crossovers (one of which also included Toriko).

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    DC has done Manga for their properties before. Not to mention Batman: Ninja.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Hell yeah! My favourite manga except for berserk. It's world building is fantastic. It deserves it.i just hope i live long enough read its ending and know what the heck is one piece.
    For people who haven't read it. I highly recommend it. Here's why.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    What s really insane is only took One Piece a little over 20 years to get close to what Batman has sold in 80. The last numbers I saw had Batman at 474 million sold and One Piece as 454 million so I think it is not a matter is if One Piece will pass Batman at this point it is a matter of when.

The amount of named characters in the manga is insane and amout development they get. My favourite characters is not even in the main universe cast(except for sanji) . I just hope oda keeps healthy and finishes it.

And now we are getting a spin-off one piece academy!

https://comicbook.com/anime/2019/07/...-manga-series/

Video about this I found on youtube. (talks about manga vs American comics later also some curse words in the video near the end so heads up)