Spectacular Member

Default Confused about Infinite Crisis?

I read Countdown to Infinite Crisis before starting Infinite Crisis itself and I'm only a short way into the first issue but I'm a little confused. I understand that there's other tie-ins before hand but I didn't think I had to read them and unfortunately I don't have the patience. Would someone be so kind to explain any previous knowledge I'll need to know before carrying on with Infinite Crisis? Try not to spoil it please. Many thanks!

Before Infinite Crisis began, there was the Countdown to Infinite Crisis Special (aka DC Countdown), which seems to be what you already read.

However, there were five other miniseries that came before the Infinite Crisis miniseries that are directly related to it:

- DC Special: The Return of Donna Troy 1-4
    - Day of Vengenace 1-6 + Special
    - The OMAC Project 1-6 + Special
    - Rann-Thanagar War 1-6 + Special
    - Villains United 1-6 + Special

There were also other tie-ins and specials that were significant. Here's a link to the Infinite Crisis wikipedia article that shows the full list of issues:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infini...cation_history
    Last edited by Comic-Reader Lad; 08-11-2019 at 03:07 PM.

Astonishing Member

Also you might need to read
    -Identity Crisis (or at least understand that it becomes a motivation for some of Batman's actions)
    -Crisis of Conscience since the first scenes in Infinite Crisis between Batman/Superman/Wonder Woman at their moonbase happen immediately afterwards

Incredible Member

And Superman:Sacrifice happens at the middle of the Omac Project mini series.

I'd recommend reading JSA Classified 1-4 (I think) for some important backstory on Power Girl. Also recommend the tie-ins in the two posts above mine. I don't think you really need the other minis to enjoy the series. Happy reading.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDragonKing View Post
    I read Countdown to Infinite Crisis before starting Infinite Crisis itself and I'm only a short way into the first issue but I'm a little confused. I understand that there's other tie-ins before hand but I didn't think I had to read them and unfortunately I don't have the patience. Would someone be so kind to explain any previous knowledge I'll need to know before carrying on with Infinite Crisis? Try not to spoil it please. Many thanks!
    What are you confused by?
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    Also you might need to read
    -Identity Crisis (or at least understand that it becomes a motivation for some of Batman's actions)
    -Crisis of Conscience since the first scenes in Infinite Crisis between Batman/Superman/Wonder Woman at their moonbase happen immediately afterwards
    Also CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS, as INFINITE CRISIS riffs off COIE.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Going to disagree with some knowledgeable fans: you don't get a lot from the tie-ins. I'd recommend:

Countdown
    Omac Project
    Superman Sacrifice
    Infinite Crisis

Everything else is really a side quest, backstory only. Except Identity Crisis, which is the most relevant history you may want beyond the above.

Long Live the Legion! Paul Newell's Avatar

Haven't read it in a while, but, from what I remember, they recap the mini-series in issue #4 or thereabouts in a segment that fills in the back-story.
    DRINK!

Fantastic Member

Great! Have I started a trend with my 'confused by' thread. Gonna patent it. Never mind the 'thoughts on' threads, I invented the 'confused by' threads.