Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Retired

Default Hey! This DC title had that issue number before!

Whenever the new comics come out, I’m taken aback if they have the same issue number as the title had before.

This month, August of 2019, we have on sale . . .

Those swingin’ TEEN TITANS in their issue 33. Okay I know that originally had a May-June 1971 cover date and featured the lovely Lilith in “Less Than Human” (by Bob Haney, George Tuska and Nick Cardy), with this pulse-pounding Cardy cover.

Then comes SHAZAM! 9 but SHAZAM! 9 previously had a January 1974 cover date and featured Captain Marvel against Mr. Mind (by Denny O’Neil and C.C Beck); a Captain Marvel Jr. story (by Elliot Maggin and Dave Cockrum); and another Captain Marvel story (by Maggin and Beck) which was the one featured on the cover.

And also availabe is BOOKS OF MAGIC 11. What! Okay, now I know you’re just messing with me, because there was already a BOOKS OF MAGIC 11, dated March 1995, and it had a Charles Vess cover.

I love this thread. Please keep going.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I love this thread. Please keep going.
    Agreed

10 chars

Retired

Waiting for the GREEN LANTERN's issue No. 10 to arrive at your LCS? Why bother, that Winter 1943 comic came out decades ago, featuring the first appearance and origin story of Vandal Savage (by Alfred Bester and Martin Nodell)--save your pennies and you just might be able to afford it.

Hold onto your halos, angels, it’s another adventure of BATMAN AND THE OUTSIDERS in their issue 4! That had a November 1983 cover date (from the daring duo of Mike W. Barr and Jim Aparo).

[QUOTE=Jim Kelly;4509487]Waiting for the GREEN LANTERN's issue No. 10 to arrive at your LCS? Why bother, that Winter 1943 comic came out decades ago, featuring the first appearance and origin story of Vandal Savage (by Alfred Bester and Martin Nodell)--save your pennies and you just might be able to afford it.

I know this is extra-picky, but I'm of the opinion that GREEN LANTERN and THE GREEN LANTERN are not the same title. Ditto GREEN LANTERNS.

And I love this thread too.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Air Wave View Post

I know this is extra-picky, but I'm of the opinion that GREEN LANTERN and THE GREEN LANTERN are not the same title. Ditto GREEN LANTERNS.
    True, but I always think of Alan Scott as "the Green Lantern"--which is how his name was oftened styled. And I couldn't resist the temptation to spotlight "The Man Who Wanted the World"--it's as if that cosmic caveman has some psychic control over me.

How about this jewel. Batman 76
    download.jpg

Batman_76.jpg
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Retired

I would like to give some love to THE FLASH but, unless I'm mistaken, this month's issues 76 and 77 will be the first time that title has had those numbers--amazingly! Because Barry's first run began with issue 105 and Wally's run was titled FLASH (no THE) from 1 to 100--101 was the first issue to have "THE FLASH" as the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I would like to give some love to THE FLASH but, unless I'm mistaken, this month's issues 76 and 77 will be the first time that title has had those numbers--amazingly! Because Barry's first run began with issue 105 and Wally's run was titled FLASH (no THE) from 1 to 100--101 was the first issue to have "THE FLASH" as the title.
    Wow, what a great "Flash Fact."

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    And yet here I would include FLASH COMICS. Maybe because Barry's run continued the numbering.

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

Cyborg #3, the introduction of the "NO!" meme, was not the first Cyborg comic to have that number! No, the first Cyborg #3 was the one in the 2015 run by David Walker.
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Flash 110 has special meaning for me.

In the Barry series, Flash 110 was the first appearance of Wally and 110 from Wally's series was my first Flash comic I ever got.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake