Astonishing Member

Default The confusing world of Arachknight

I wanted to start this thread because there's a lot to think about "Arachknight" from the Mergiverse. Being a fusion between Spider-Man and Moon Knight caused me a lot of confusion. At first, I thought this combination was ridiculous, especially the part of Moon Knight with the several personalities inside of him. But then I realized it actually has sense, because Spider-Man also had his own "Identity Crisis" back then. Think about it:
    + "Friendly Arachnid": This is mainly the "Spider-Man" part of Arachknight. Ironically, it shares traces with Moon Knight's identity of Jake Lockley and Spider-Man's identity of Ricochet.
    + "The Knight": This is clearly the "Moon Knight" part of Arachknight. It shares traces with the part of "Moon Knight" from Marc Spector, and the sinister nature of Spider-Man's "Dusk".
    + "CEO Peter": The arrogant and adult part of Peter Parker. It has traces from Moon Knight's Steven Grant as a millionaire, and the mannerisms from Spider-Man's Prodigy.
    + "Science Peter": Child Peter traumatized who handles it through science. This has some mirror traces from Marc Spector's identity and Spider-man's identity as Hornet.

However, the problem now comes from the foes' gallery. Moon Knight ususally batles bad guys from many "street heroes", like Spider-Man, Daredevil and others. But he doesn't have almost any personal enemy of his own. We had some thanks to Morpheus and Bushman, that's why I would want you to share with me any ideas about how else the characters from Moon Knight could combine with Spider-Man's in another future event with the Infinity Warps. These are some ideas I have, but I'm not really convinced:

+ The Hellbent: It's really difficult to find any utility to these enemies, mainly because there's almost no info from these creatures to have a proper warp. Considering how Moon Knight seems linked to them, I thought about a possibility... The Symbiotes! Seth the immortal could be merged with the God of the symbiotes, Knull. Grendell, the dragon symbiote, could be combined with the monster known as Hook. There was another member of this group named "Agony", who shared her name with one of the "children" of Venom, along with Scream. Since Peter was bonded to Venom once, this could be the link that also links Moon Knight with the Hellbent.

+ Profile could be combined with the Chameleon, as the ability to analyse people from the Profile would suit for the Chameleon to impersonate them.

+ There's an almost unknown enemy of Moon Knight named "Raptor" (Paul Hazlett), which backstory is very similar to Adrien Toomes', the original Vulture. So, maybe these two could suit perfectly to each other.

+ In the first comic of Arachknight, Harry Osborn was combined with Jack Russell (Werewolf-by-Night) although he had a role similar to Frenchie. Personally, considering how Frenchie is legless, he has military training, and he's linked to the Hellbent (who could be merged with the symbiotes), maybe Frenchie should be merged with Flash Thompson, during his time as either Agent Venom or maybe as Anti-Venom.

+ Chloe Tran, member of the Knights Templar, could be combined with Silver Sable. And the members of the Hellbent (the Cadre) she recruited to her cause could be combined with Silver Sable's Wild Pack or other of her teams.

Well, what do you think of these ideas? Do you have any other to share?

Astonishing Member

Now that I think about it. Were there any deceased characters that were used for Warps?

Yeah, Happy Hogan died in Civil War 1, and was Warped with Jane Foster, becoming Jane Hogan, Iron Hammer II.

You know what confused me? Why does Marley Jane have short hair, when both girls she was Warped from (Mary Jane Watson and Marlene Alraune) have long hair?
    Last edited by Digifiend; 08-12-2019 at 03:42 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Gotta say, I didn't liked the original Arachkhight story. As a long time Moon Knight fan, I really didn't think it lived to the potential of a warp of this two. It took the most shallow aspects of both of them and rolled them into a character that completely misses the point of either of them.

And there is potential in this warp, just didn't live to it's potential. I haven't read Ewing's recent warps event, though.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Gotta say, I didn't liked the original Arachkhight story. As a long time Moon Knight fan, I really didn't think it lived to the potential of a warp of this two. It took the most shallow aspects of both of them and rolled them into a character that completely misses the point of either of them.

And there is potential in this warp, just didn't live to it's potential. I haven't read Ewing's recent warps event, though.
    That's an interesting point to make, and I'm glad you offered that perspective. While I personally enjoyed it, I can see where it didn't go deep enough into how both characters and their respective mythos being integrated into one would have worked. I mean, if you take away the Warp aspect, it's another Spider-Man vs. Green Goblin story with the twist that, a la the Joker in the 1989 Batman movie, it was the hero's archenemy that killed his parents (or parental figures, as the case may be).
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post

That’s fair. While I loved the original story, Arachknight felt like an entirely new character rather than a fusion of the two.

The original interpretation would’ve been a teacher, a scientist, a photographer, and a vigilante which I feel makes more sense for the character.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You know what confused me? Why does Marley Jane have short hair, when both girls she was Warped from (Mary Jane Watson and Marlene Alraune) have long hair?
    Yeah, I share your opinion, pal. But I guess this MJ has short hair to remark her "professionality" as the second of Parker Industries; similar to Pepper Potts, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    That’s fair. While I loved the original story, Arachknight felt like an entirely new character rather than a fusion of the two.

The original interpretation would’ve been a teacher, a scientist, a photographer, and a vigilante which I feel makes more sense for the character.
    As they use to say, "things are more than the sum of their parts". I expected the fussions to be more than just a combination of their characters, and many of them, they are. In some cases, however, I could say one of the fussions' sides is dominant over the other. Arachknight is an example of it, because it has more from Spider-Man than from Moon Knight; otherwise, "Peter Parker" maybe should be called "Peter Spector". There's also no sign of Marc Spector's past as a mercenary. And his Norman Osborn (or more like "Norman Russell) doesn't seem as evil as main Norman Osborn. (I guess the evil is in the "Osborn" surname).

Also, I don't know, but maybe the idea about being a teacher, a scientist, a photographer and a vigilante might actually survived in the comic. Let's check the personalities:
    + "Scientist Peter": Kid Peter who process his trauma through science, that's the scientist.
    + "The Knight": Moon Knight's side personality, that's the vigilante.
    + "Friendly Arachnid": Spider-Man's side personality, that could be the photographer; as Spider-Man used to take his own "action photos".
    + "CEO Peter": Adult side of Peter, I think this could be the "teacher"; as he acts like a teacher to show his employees how to do things.

I have to say, this Arachknight truly became the "almost perfect" version of Batman in Marvel. Now, althogh he's a member of the Defenders, I can't stop thinking about giving him a "worthy Justice League" to be part of it. Yes, I know we already saw one "Justice League" with the "Supreme Seven", but this one already had a "Batman" with Hawkmask; and this "Batman" lose against Arachknight's "Batman".

EDIT: OH, boy!! I just had a crazy idea about why this MJ has short hair. I really doubt this will be the case, but how about if this "Marlene Watson" has a problem of "double personality" too? It would be merging more than two characters in one, but how about if this MJ would also ended up merged with... Felicia Hardy, the Black Cat? MJ's short hair could be to use a white wig for the identity of "Black Cat", just like the Ultimate version of Black Cat.
    Last edited by Ursalink; 08-15-2019 at 02:14 PM.