Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    No I don't think Sacrifice itself was. Greg Rucka had that as a story and he had intentions for Diana's actions to have repercussions. I read Dan Didio say they almost did not go for Diana killing Lord but the story telling was strong so they went for it. What I agree was mandated was One Year Later. Rucka was not a fan of Diana losing her powers to be more human etc. But there was a rumor he wanted to hook Diana up with Batman but this was turned down so his randomly having her pine for Batman in Blackest Night was probably his way of fulfilling what he wanted.

After Sacrifice it was rare to see Diana and Clark be as close as they were. Dwayne Mcduffie showcased some nice moment between them as did Judd Winnick when Dick took up the Batman mantle. Most WW or SM writers at that time ignored significant interactions between them. Even when Clark's father died, a big moment in comics, Diana was not at the funeral. Which struck me as weird because Bruce showed up. It was thanks to Dwayne Mcduffie who at least made a mention of Clark losing his father in JL. In the past many Superman and Wonder Woman writers always showcased their friendship with a little appearance now and again or guest appearance. It got worse when DC went into Grounded and Oddessy. That verse ended with Diana barely knowing Clark. Weird really considering that continuity had them so close. I guess it was just a sign how mediocre the writing was then and maybe DC did not care because they knew they were going into Flashpoint to reboot.
    WW pining for Batman on Blackest night? it was only a kiss, he barely was mentioned.

Rucka's run wasn't what it should, ended way before it should without any good reason. For sure Rucka had a good development for WW and Superman, but priority is wrap his storylines.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    I just hope that when they eventually part ways as a couple (even though I don't want them to), that they remain close friends. I'd hate to see them hate each other if and when there's a fallout. I could stomach them being a little awkward around each other after the fact, but seeing them actively avoid and despise each other (though I doubt they'd take it THAT far) would be awful.
    How about a recon?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dangleo61288 View Post
    How about a recon?
    Retcon? I think is a cheap device. They way DC things are ugly/dark these days, a bad break up seems very likely. DC wants drama

The likelihood is that they're not breaking up any time in the near future, so I've decided not even to worry about it. I'll give it some more thought when it actually looks like its drawing near.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-03-2014 at 07:24 PM.

BANNED

depends how near future, it's hard seeing it past 2016. It's not a long lived relationship, specially the direction Johns seems to be taking Superman.

smww it's the case take care of what you wish for

I can see it lasting for however long people keep buying their title.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I can see it lasting for however long people keep buying their title.
    not really, there's creative decisions bigger than a mid-tier book

Are there? Unless you have some sort of inside scoop I'm not really willing to take your word for there being really anything on the creative burner that would outright prohibit this book going on for as long as decent sales dictate it should.

BANNED

yeah i didn't like this portrayal either. diana just seems to hostile in her thought processes here.

Let's keep this on topic, guys. We're talking about the relationship between Superman and Wonder Woman, not other titles.

Thank you.
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

If you think about it, the relationship between Superman and Wonder Woman is a kind of co-worker relationship.

The thing is (and this is from people whom are in a professional field and thus, co-workers) those relationships often get a little too involved and tension builds in a bad way.

Now currently the relationship is not there. They're still in the early-ish stages in SM/WW so I'm trying to remember that as I read it (it's difficult but doable).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by UltraWoman View Post
    If you think about it, the relationship between Superman and Wonder Woman is a kind of co-worker relationship.
    As was the relationship between Superman and Lois.

Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post
    As was the relationship between Superman and Lois.
    A agree to an extent on past versions. The current version, however is more colleagues and acquaintances than in previous versions. As long as they aren't working for the same group/project I think co-worker doesn't fit as closely as colleague. In this sense, Superman and Wonder Woman are a little bit more like co-workers than simply colleagues because of being on the Justice League (which these days seems to be described more as a team than a club as in previous versions).

I think the difference is Lois was willing to let Clark have his "second job" (after some thought-20 years ago) while Wonder Woman (currently) seems to think that the time spent as Clark is either a barrier to spending time with her or unimportant while Clark/Superman sees it as essential.
    Last edited by UltraWoman; 05-05-2014 at 12:02 PM.

BANNED

A agree to an extent on past versions. The current version, however is more colleagues and acquaintances than in previous versions. As long as they aren't working for the same group/project I think co-worker doesn't fit as closely as colleague. In this sense, Superman and Wonder Woman are a little bit more like co-workers than simply colleagues because of being on the Justice League (which these days seems to be described more as a team than a club as in previous versions).
    My point is that the coworker element isn't necessarily a prerequisite to tension building in a bad way.

I think the difference is Lois was willing to let Clark have his "second job" (after some thought-20 years ago) while Wonder Woman (currently) seems to think that the time spent as Clark is either a barrier to spending time with her or unimportant while Clark/Superman sees it as essential.
    Sounds like Superman and Wonder Woman have a lot of room to grow, over twenty years of story telling sounds nice.
    Last edited by Lax; 05-05-2014 at 12:42 PM.

I don't think Diana sees the Clark identity as being unimportant. She knows its just as much who he is as Superman is. Hell that's even what she refers to him as, via absolutely no prompting. Not Superman or Kal, she calls him Clark now. So its not that she views it as unimportant. Its more his affinity for that normal human lifestyle is what still perplexes her some.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-06-2014 at 09:08 PM.