Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default GRAYSON #2 Spyrals Out of Control: Preview/Discussion

Dick Grayson learns more about his new partner, Helena Bertinelli, in an exclusive preview of DC Comics' "Grayson" #2 by Tim Seeley & Mikel Janin.

Full article here.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

2nd issue and already fill in art!?

Preview looks cool, but c'mon!

Edit. Jumped the gun. My bust.
    Last edited by Maxpower00044; 08-04-2014 at 08:06 AM.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

Astonishing Member

That is so awesome, already.

Yes!

Only bat book of the line I'm currently following.

Damn, this cast just gets better. Loving it. Cycle of Violence? Brilliant throwaway villain.

I'm happy to see the Hood being used. A very cool character design plus their needs to be more international heroes in the DCU. The Knight can't have the UK all to herself.
    Also loving The Midnighter in this book!

Astonishing Member

The amount of hype I have is scary. I'm also glad they've avoid the pointless inner monologues and soliloquies so far. Makes everything feel far more organic.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post
    2nd issue and already fill in art!?

Preview looks cool, but c'mon!
    Nightwing deja vu again. Sooner or later Janin will be off the book and we have random fill in artists every arcs

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyZERO View Post
    Nightwing deja vu again. Sooner or later Janin will be off the book and we have random fill in artists every arcs
    It should be mentioned that both of those extra names are inkers.

Don't let that stop the End-Is-Nigh proclamations, though...

This book is hitting all the right chords so far! The Deathstroke target, Dick and Helena's interaction, and The Hood was a pleasant surprise!

I'm glad they mentioned something about the funeral and Dick asking about Alfred and Barbara. I'm sure their reactions to Dick's passing will be shown in time. The creative team are capturing the proper mood of the interaction between Batman and Dick; with Batman feeling shameful, but his pride not allowing it to show, and Dick feigning confidence to lighten the mood.

The art is awesome and looks nothing like any other books out there that I'm reading. I don't know if it's the colors or just Janin's art but it has a unique vibe to it. This book is already at the top of my pull list no question!
    Last edited by Agent 37; 08-04-2014 at 06:42 AM.

Looks cool so far
    If its possible I'd love to see Grayson stick around for a while and have Nightwing give up being a superhero

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    The amount of hype I have is scary. I'm also glad they've avoid the pointless inner monologues and soliloquies so far. Makes everything feel far more organic.

+1. The book has a better flow than normal. Good move by the creative team!

Quote Originally Posted by Deniz Camp View Post
    Was about to point that out.

Anyways, all the Batman Inc elements are really doing it for me, this just isn't fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Deniz Camp View Post

Don't let that stop the End-Is-Nigh proclamations, though...
    Didn't Janin ink his own pencils? At least it was in issue 1. I can see from the preview that some of the pages do feel different due to the inkers.

Still, not a good sign though. Utilization of inkers mean that Janin has problem catching the deadline? I really want Grayson to be successful and I don't want fill in artist problems to plague this book like it did to Nightwing. Hopefully the Future Ends will give Janin time to catch up and this is just an one-off

Didn't Janin ink his own pencils? At least it was in issue 1. I can see from the preview that some of the pages do feel different due to the inkers.
    Sometimes he does, sometimes he doesn't. Ortego has often done inks for him pretty regularly recently. Just calm down, it's not the end of the world.

Astonishing Member

Still, not a good sign though. Utilization of inkers mean that Janin has problem catching the deadline? I really want Grayson to be successful and I don't want fill in artist problems to plague this book like it did to Nightwing. Hopefully the Future Ends will give Janin time to catch up and this is just an one-off
    Haha, so now it's a bad sign to have inkers? Looks heavily as though you're looking for things to be worried about.