Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post
    Sometimes he does, sometimes he doesn't. Ortego has often done inks for him pretty regularly recently. Just calm down, it's not the end of the world.
    Glad to hear

BANNED

looks good. this book might be a keeper.

glad that Dick finally has a book worth reading.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deniz Camp View Post
    It should be mentioned that both of those extra names are inkers.

Don't let that stop the End-Is-Nigh proclamations, though...
    Both those names aren't inkers. They're names are right in the pencil line of the credits. Not on CBR's description, but in the actual book.

Edit: I see now it says artists, not pencils. I think that was horribly worded and was the reason for my confusion. Sorry, guys!
    Last edited by Maxpower00044; 08-04-2014 at 08:07 AM.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post
    Both those names aren't inkers. They're names are right in the pencil line of the credits. Not on CBR's description, but in the actual book.
    There is no pencil line. It says "artists".

Look up the names. They are inkers. You jumped to a conclusion, and you were wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Deniz Camp View Post
    There is no pencil line. It says "artists".

Look up the names. They are inkers. You jumped to a conclusion, and you were wrong.
    Well, in my defense it's horribly worded. If they are inkers, they should be on a credits line that says inks.

image.jpg

So I did jump to a wrong conclusion, and I couldn't be happier that I did. Last thing I'd want is multiple artists on the second issue.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

Astonishing Member

They often don't bother to separate 'pencilers' and 'inkers' anymore. It's not uncommon.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post
    They're inkers. Guillermo Ortego inks a lot of Janin's stuff back to the later issues of Justice League Dark, and the other guy is just a straight up inker. Sometimes they're all just referred to as "artists"

This looks good, really good. Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post
    They're inkers. Guillermo Ortego inks a lot of Janin's stuff back to the later issues of Justice League Dark, and the other guy is just a straight up inker. Sometimes they're all just referred to as "artists"
    Yeah, I'm starting to see that, now. Honestly I wasn't trying to start shit or be negative. I'm very happy that it's Janin doing all the art.

On a better note, this preview looks pretty great. I've been anticipating this second issue so bad that I actually thought it skipped a month. Forgot the book came out in July.
    Last edited by Maxpower00044; 08-04-2014 at 08:05 AM.

MikelJanin

Hey friends! Grayson artist, here. Thanks for all the support our book is getting, really means a lot. I'm super happy and honored being part of Grayson, and hope it shows in the results!
    Since some of you seem worried for the art credits, I'll explain it. Guillermo Ortego inked 6 pages and Juan Castro two, and they did a terrific job, you'll see! I did the rest, all pencils and 12 inks. The pages on the preview are penciled and inked by me.
    Again, thanks a lot and I hope you stay with us for the long haul! Yay!
    Kind regards!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MikelJanin View Post
    Hey friends! Grayson artist, here. Thanks for all the support our book is getting, really means a lot. I'm super happy and honored being part of Grayson, and hope it shows in the results!
    Since some of you seem worried for the art credits, I'll explain it. Guillermo Ortego inked 6 pages and Juan Castro two, and they did a terrific job, you'll see! I did the rest, all pencils and 12 inks. The pages on the preview are penciled and inked by me.
    Kind regards!
    Can't imagine how you have time to pencil and ink, man.

Great work.

Quote Originally Posted by MikelJanin View Post
    Kind regards!
    Thanks for the clarification! This was all my fault!!!!! Sorry to make you waste time explaining it.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I haven't read the preview because this is one of the few books that I want to go into each month without having spoiled a part of it but still I can't wait for Wednesday. Really enjoying this title so far so kudos to everyone involved.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

The art's very nice. Although I shall be awaiting the waves of complaints about how gratuitous and unnecessary the shirtless Dick cover is.

I'm still not getting even a vaguely Helena vibe from Helenot Bertinelli. But it's still early days, I guess and this was only a couple of pages.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MykeHavoc View Post
    Damn, this cast just gets better. Loving it. Cycle of Violence? Brilliant throwaway villain.
    And yet just the sort of cool you might see if that "Fist of Cain" cult starts recruiting. Truly perfect throwaway villain. Like Joe Average and the Average Joes, in that respect.

Mysteries already. What the hell is a God Garden? Who is the new Headmistress? Does Helena B. know Lady Gaga?

More Batman than I expected. It's nice to see them act like peers.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com