Spectacular Member

Default Do certain characters get more hate than they deserve?

This thread is inspired by an article on Felicity from Arrow, talking how she is more hated than she deserved. She is certainly one of the more divisive characters on television. This made me wonder, however, if there are characters that don't really deserve all of the backlash that they get, and why they do get it anyway.

Here is the article: https://www.cbr.com/arrow-felicity-doesnt-deserve-hate/

Incredible Member

The hate for Felicity is well deserved actually she should have more.

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    The hate for Felicity is well deserved actually she should have more.
    I disagree totally. There should be no hate for Felicity.

Why do characters who don't deserve hate, get it anyway? There are a lot of idiots on the internet. (Just my opinion, of course.)
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with those two other guys)
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Why do characters who don't deserve hate, get it anyway? There are a lot of idiots on the internet.
    It looks like you answered your own question.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Mighty Member

I dunno... hatred for a fictional character doesn't just come from nowhere... just look at Sasuke Uchiha. I'm pretty sure his character was more popular, and less hated, in Japan than in the United States. however, there were cultural reasons for that... because most people in the US that read "Naruto" hated this guy's guts... and for good reason.

never watched CW's Arrow... because CW shows, as a general rule, make my skin crawl. if that many people hate Felicity so much... there's got to be a reason for it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    I disagree totally. There should be no hate for Felicity.

Why do characters who don't deserve hate, get it anyway? There are a lot of idiots on the internet. (Just my opinion, of course.)

And you are totally wrong. Felicity threw one of her tantrums the episode before I saw Batman vs Superman, it made that movie seem good in comparison.