Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Retired

Being already grown up by the time the first Star Wars movie came out, I always thought it was intentionally silly and stupid--like a Sid and Marty Krofft production of Flash Gordon--and that every movie had juvenile elements that made no sense, and even worse were annoying. I always wished someone would kick that R2D2 into the trash compactor. How did this thing make any sense? All he did was make those irritating noises and then the actors pretended those whistles and clicks made sense. It was like a dumb Saturday Night Live skit, that they kept reviving for every single movie. Sheer torture. So when Star Wars fans complain about how idiotic some new character is, I wonder--were they not watching those other movies, with all the other idiotic characters? It's on brand.

Jersey City - or you can call it The TWiLighT Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Yup. It was supposed to be Wookiees. The legend is, and I want to say Lucas himself has confirmed it at some point but I can't recall anymore, was that being that he had become a dad by this time, when ROTJ rolled around he wanted something cute for his daughter to enjoy.
    Yes it was Wookiees, it was change because it would make Chewbacca too technology wise over the other Wookiees , as they would have fought like they did in ROTJ , so they change to the opposite of Wookiee in many respect , small, shorter hair\fur, cute ect...
    Last edited by 5Eyes; 08-25-2019 at 05:29 PM.

It's hard for me take criticism about Iris too seriously given how toxic her critics can get and how she was hated from day one.

I'll also add MoS Superman as an example of a character getting more hate than they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    It's hard for me take criticism about Iris too seriously given how toxic her critics can get and how she was hated from day one.

I'll also add MoS Superman as an example of a character getting more hate than they deserve.
    I'm 1 season behind now I think on Flash just caught up on Arrow a month ago. But when Iris stopped doing anything except running team flash and bossing everyone around it was jarring to me and felt forced to give her something to do other then be the Girlfriend. I liked her prior, But I'd deal with that anytime cause Joe West is the best character on the show. it's the two black guys on Arrow and flash from day 1 who I think are the best actors in the shows... in the beginning atleast. Joe and Diggle. But they both came from big shows I think was David Ramsey on Grays anatomy or E.R? Iono he was on a doctor show at some point. I see him on the cover art when I scroll past a doctor show I've never watched.