Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The paper is boss right now. Love it!
    “To the future or to the past. To a time when thought is free, when men are different from one another and do not live alone - to a time when truth exists and what is done cannot be undone: from the age of uniformity, from the age of solitude, from the age of Big Brother, from the age of doublethink - greetings!" - Winston Smith

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

So, out of curiosity, did no one else read that issue of Doom Patrol and notice the flimsy paper (and cover)?

Though, if not, this may well be a clue as to why it was printed so cheaply...
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    So, out of curiosity, did no one else read that issue of Doom Patrol and notice the flimsy paper (and cover)?

Though, if not, this may well be a clue as to why it was printed so cheaply...
    Is the book itself any good? I read last series and had a very love hate experience but the endless delays kept me away from the new series

Quote Originally Posted by iron chimp View Post
    Is the book itself any good? I read last series and had a very love hate experience but the endless delays kept me away from the new series
    Well, it does lose a lot from not having Nick Derington on art, who was the real star of the first volume. I still like that it's bright, colourful and more than a little weird but I wouldn't exactly say that the issue itself wowed me. Some nice stuff with Cliff and the actual mission they went on was enjoyably nutso but it was a "reintroducing the team kind" kind of issue so it was a bit disjointed and bitty.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Incredible Member

Yes Nick Derrington and colours were fantastic. The book really looked great. I really liked the new characters too - Casey, Terri, ambulance driver and his family, the cat - but that book lost focus quick for me... it was obvious (imo) writer was too busy doing other things to devote time needed to focus his abundant ideas into tight cohesive stories and when I saw he had a batman statue and an issue of spiderman while I was waiting months for an issue of doom patrol I was done. I still think he has a really good doom patrol story in him but the last series just ended up a complete mess when it didnt need to.

Haha I just remembered - when chief showed up and tried to sell them on some stupid mission to do with words, I was thinking cant we just go on that mission because that looks far better than this story.
    Last edited by iron chimp; 08-15-2019 at 03:22 PM.

He does have a co-writer this time so it might end up more focused. You never know.