Default Sinestro vs Doctor Who with a green lantern ring

Sinestro vs Doctor Who with a green lantern ring

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

The thing with the Doctor is that if you spot him even basic competency with the ring (and I feel he's got the will power for that) he should be able to do things other Lanterns can't even without having stronger will. Rings can construct actual technological inventions if the creator has the expertise. And the Doctor regularly makes a habit of taking any given bit of alien technology he encounters and jury rigging it to do something more in line with his purpose. A lantern ring thus basically gives him access to any bit of alien tech he knows the schematics on, which should at bare minimum include some serious time and dimension bending devices.

That being said, Sinestro is more experienced with just making the ring do basic things, and could potentially just pour on the raw assault hard enough to not give the Doctor space to get fancy. Tough to say. I think if you remove tech from the equation, I'd have to give it to Sinestro if by no other virtue than experience.

I.... am leaning Sinestro. His combat experience cannot be overlooked. The Doc could make some scary stuff like Captain Morgan suggests, but the brain power to create then wield that stuff in a frenzied combat state means he's playing catch up - whereas Sinestro is going for quick kill move after kill move while cycling through all his options and sheer experience. I'm not saying it will be easy... just a gut feeling.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Wouldn't Doom just throw a quick Crimson Band at Sinestro?

Quote Originally Posted by k von doom View Post
    Wouldn't Doom just throw a quick Crimson Band at Sinestro?
    Dr. Who. Not Doom. ;P
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    The thing with the Doctor is that if you spot him even basic competency with the ring (and I feel he's got the will power for that) he should be able to do things other Lanterns can't even without having stronger will.
    This.

And he definitely has the will, given some of the things he's coped with and come out swinging.

A lantern ring thus basically gives him access to any bit of alien tech he knows the schematics on, which should at bare minimum include some serious time and dimension bending devices.
    This. Exactly this.

Give the Doctor a Green Lantern Ring and he essentially becomes a god.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post
    This.

And he definitely has the will, given some of the things he's coped with and come out swinging.

This. Exactly this.

Give the Doctor a Green Lantern Ring and he essentially becomes a god.
    All the rumbler's league stuff from when I participated is gone, right? I had a lot of good examples of the Doctor MacGuyvering tech on the fly for crazy purposes back in there.

All the rumbler's league stuff from when I participated is gone, right? I had a lot of good examples of the Doctor MacGuyvering tech on the fly for crazy purposes back in there.
    Yup, afraid so. That was all pre-2014 when the forum reset.