Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Well, with another Batman film in the works, guess a lot of villains and stuff won't get to appear on the Batwoman and Titan series. Although, Flash has both a series and appears in films, so who knows.
    Titans is getting Batman himself next season. I don't that show being restricted with who they can use.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Titans is getting Batman himself next season. I don't that show being restricted with who they can use.
    They are getting Bruce Wayne, doesn't guarantee they are getting Batman. Arrowverse is getting a Batman, doesn't guarantee they are getting a Bruce Wayne.

Doesn't matter that he's the same person. The casting announcements tend to be specific for either Bruce Wayne or Batman, not Bruce Wayne/Batman. And if we're going to count shadows and a a stunt-guy in the suit, then Supergirl had Superman since it's pilot.

I was talking more about the villains anyway. Like I said before, the Flash appears in films whilst having a TV series.
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 08-16-2019 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    You're right about Jaime (they even did him in live action on Smallville), and I like Jaime, but Ted needs his respect (and his tools wouldn't be as expensive as having Jaime in full on scarab mode)! In addition to that one opening segment, there was a whole Batman the Brave and the Bold episode about Ted (Booster traveling back to have one last adventure with him). And Barry Allen being dead for like 5 years didn't stop them from giving him a Flash TV show.
    I wouldn't use the 90's Flash as a good example, there's a pretty big difference between being dead for like 5 years at that time and being dead for over a decade now. Plus if someone were to have opened a Flash book back then it wouldn't have been that different - I mean Wally's costume was practically the same as Barry's, and his powers were still all speed based. Looking at Ted and Jaime's costumes and powers you'd be hard pressed to know they carry the same title and legacy without prior knowledge.

I agree that Ted deserves his respect, but that doesn't matter much to the powers that be. His main selling point over Jaime is, like you said, he'd probably be cheaper to do. But even so I can't imagine Jaime would cost more than any given episode of Supergirl where J'onn goes full Martian Manhunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Blue Beetle and Firestorm couldn't appear on JLU either due to film rights at the time.
    Plastic Man was off limits too, wasn't he? I know he was mentioned in an episode but never shown. Also there was Teen Titans going on at the time. Robin did appear on The Batman eventually, but he was noticeably absent from Static Shock and JLU (or at least he wasn't in the "For the Man Who Has Everything" episode when he was in the original comic).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That would be kind of ironic considering they haven't done anything with Vixen in forever.
    Vixen gets muddied thanks to Legends of Tomorrow. If they never used Amaya for that show, a Vixen series with Mari could've worked. At this point, though, I don't see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I just want more Michale Jai White. So either give us a Brozne tiger show or a Task force X show with Ben leading the team. Just got to use chatacters the movies wont. And avoid suicide squad, just say Task force X.
    Did they use the phrase "Task Force X" in the Suicide Squad movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Doesn't matter that he's the same person. The casting announcements tend to be specific for either Bruce Wayne or Batman, not Bruce Wayne/Batman. And if we're going to count shadows and a a stunt-guy in the suit, then Supergirl had Superman since it's pilot.
    And Gotham used Bruce Wayne for five seasons with no Batman (and they had a Joker-like character who wasn't Joker as well).

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I wouldn't use the 90's Flash as a good example, there's a pretty big difference between being dead for like 5 years at that time and being dead for over a decade now. Plus if someone were to have opened a Flash book back then it wouldn't have been that different - I mean Wally's costume was practically the same as Barry's, and his powers were still all speed based. Looking at Ted and Jaime's costumes and powers you'd be hard pressed to know they carry the same title and legacy without prior knowledge.

I agree that Ted deserves his respect, but that doesn't matter much to the powers that be. His main selling point over Jaime is, like you said, he'd probably be cheaper to do. But even so I can't imagine Jaime would cost more than any given episode of Supergirl where J'onn goes full Martian Manhunter.
    It is a much different time for comic books and entertainment now than it was in the early 90's, but it was weird we got Barry after his death, and even his subsequent animated appearances were vague enough that while Flash acted like Wally, he may've also been Barry (JL/U firmly established him as Wally, but his appearances on The Batman and later in Justice League Doom were Wally West-like characters calling themselves Barry Allen). I wouldn't want to do a Blue Beetle show with one over the other, just have Ted as the main Blue Beetle from the very pilot and treat Jaime as his sidekick-type supporting character who gets powers later.

Plastic Man was off limits too, wasn't he? I know he was mentioned in an episode but never shown. Also there was Teen Titans going on at the time. Robin did appear on The Batman eventually, but he was noticeably absent from Static Shock and JLU (or at least he wasn't in the "For the Man Who Has Everything" episode when he was in the original comic).

Vixen gets muddied thanks to Legends of Tomorrow. If they never used Amaya for that show, a Vixen series with Mari could've worked. At this point, though, I don't see it happening.

And Gotham used Bruce Wayne for five seasons with no Batman (and they had a Joker-like character who wasn't Joker as well).

It is a much different time for comic books and entertainment now than it was in the early 90's, but it was weird we got Barry after his death, and even his subsequent animated appearances were vague enough that while Flash acted like Wally, he may've also been Barry (JL/U firmly established him as Wally, but his appearances on The Batman and later in Justice League Doom were Wally West-like characters calling themselves Barry Allen). I wouldn't want to do a Blue Beetle show with one over the other, just have Ted as the main Blue Beetle from the very pilot and treat Jaime as his sidekick-type supporting character who gets powers later.
    Yea Waller called then Task Force X. But the titles Suicide Squad I dont think Taskforce X would a issue. The issue is its strongly hinted that Ben is gonna die. Either that or abandon his kid since we now know Connor Hawk is his boy

Again, it really isn't what we want that matters, that's more wishing than speculating. Besides, Jaime was never Ted's sidekick nor supporting character.

If they do this they gotta include Booster. Establish how close Ted and Booster are. Then have Booster comes to him on the day of his death and Ted make him promise to finish training Reyes. It was Injustice that did this right? Iono one of the elseworld stories has this happen. And the way it was written having Booster say goodbye to Ted knowing he was gonna die was rough. Could work great on screen. And also you have Booster go from supporting characters who is in and out to Colead after Ted dies.

Also if your a huge Ted fan. They can slow play this maybe have Skeets and Booster drop hints about Ted's fate but they can take seasons to deliver on it. Or that could be how season one raps up. And were left wondering if Man child Booster Gold is gonna honor his best friends wishes.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 08-17-2019 at 12:11 AM.

Yeah, Legends kind of screwed up Arrowverse Vixen.
    I thought in Doom he actually acted a lot more like Barry then Wally (even with the caveat that, well, it was Barry).

Especially compared to how DCAU Flash was characterized.

Retired

Didn't Vixen screw up Vixen? Megalyn Echikunwoke has played and voiced Mari, yet it seems like she wasn't available for awhile to play the character in live action, so they had to write around that character. Maybe she is available now, since she's done more voice work as Vixen. Anyway, Maisie Richardson-Sellers played the grandmother, Amaya--and LEGENDS brought her story full circle--thus making it possible for Mari to exist in the current timeline.

On LEGENDS, the characters are usually identified by their actual names, not their codenames. I have to take a moment to think about what the codenames are supposed to be--I know them as Sara, Mick, Ray, Amaya, Nate, Wally, Jax, Professor, Charlie, Zari. I doubt that the Vixen codename is so identified with Amaya that it makes it impossible for the other Vixen(s) to return.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Again, it really isn't what we want that matters, that's more wishing than speculating. Besides, Jaime was never Ted's sidekick nor supporting character.
    And Vibe and Killer Frost were never on Barry Allen's support team, Black Canary never had a sister, and so on and so forth. Thinking about this a little more (and I fully admit that this is more me wishing than being practical), I'd want the first few seasons to go like this:

Season 1 - Kord Industries is suffering because of all the recent break-ins and stolen tech, so Ted goes on an expedition to recover prometheum, a newly discovered but hard to obtain metal. He discovers a man named Dan Garrett used a scarab that gave him powers and tried to find the prometheum but died. Ted recovers both the scarab and prometheum and decides he needs to use the costumed identity Blue Beetle to not only recover stolen Kord Tech that crooks are using but also clean up crime in general (although he can't unlock the scarab's power). He is joined by love interest Tracey, his uncle Jarvis, intern Jaime Reyes, and a couple other scientist/inventor supporting characters. Naturally, Jarvis is evil and tries to use his inventions to kill Ted and take over Kord Industries and is the season 1 Big Bad.
    Season 2 - Madniks are a recurring threat, Black Beetle comes for the scarab, which bonds with Jaime. Time traveling Booster Gold shows up at the end of the season.
    Season 3 - Booster has come to prevent Ted's death. Ted and Jaime team up with other heroes Question, Nightshade, and Captain Atom. Ted dies at the end of the season.
    Season 4 - Jaime is the one and only Blue Beetle and becomes the main character, dealing with the Reach and alien threats.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    If they do this they gotta include Booster. Establish how close Ted and Booster are. Then have Booster comes to him on the day of his death and Ted make him promise to finish training Reyes. It was Injustice that did this right? Iono one of the elseworld stories has this happen. And the way it was written having Booster say goodbye to Ted knowing he was gonna die was rough. Could work great on screen. And also you have Booster go from supporting characters who is in and out to Colead after Ted dies.

Also if your a huge Ted fan. They can slow play this maybe have Skeets and Booster drop hints about Ted's fate but they can take seasons to deliver on it. Or that could be how season one raps up. And were left wondering if Man child Booster Gold is gonna honor his best friends wishes.
    Yeah, something along those lines, but I wouldn't bring in Booster until after a more grounded season or two of street crime, advanced weaponry and light metapowers.

I thought in Doom he actually acted a lot more like Barry then Wally (even with the caveat that, well, it was Barry).

Especially compared to how DCAU Flash was characterized.
    I think at that point, the line was clearly blurred. DCAU Wally was a police scientist, and Michael Rosenbaum played Barry in Justice League Doom. I think they may've written him slightly more like Barry, but I feel that Rosenbaum played him as though he were still playing Wally.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Didn't Vixen screw up Vixen? Megalyn Echikunwoke has played and voiced Mari, yet it seems like she wasn't available for awhile to play the character in live action, so they had to write around that character. Maybe she is available now, since she's done more voice work as Vixen. Anyway, Maisie Richardson-Sellers played the grandmother, Amaya--and LEGENDS brought her story full circle--thus making it possible for Mari to exist in the current timeline.

On LEGENDS, the characters are usually identified by their actual names, not their codenames. I have to take a moment to think about what the codenames are supposed to be--I know them as Sara, Mick, Ray, Amaya, Nate, Wally, Jax, Professor, Charlie, Zari. I doubt that the Vixen codename is so identified with Amaya that it makes it impossible for the other Vixen(s) to return.
    It's not impossible, but Legends added a lot to the Zambesi lore that it would be hard for a new viewer to come in to a Vixen show fresh. And if you come from the animated specials, you'd be confused by Kuasa because of what happened to her in Legends. Then there's the fact that a few years have passed in real time since we've last seen Mari.

... not as a team, though.

I'd like to see Resurrection Man - closer to the original instead of the nu52 reboot. The issues featuring Hitman were a hoot.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Yeah, Legends kind of screwed up Arrowverse Vixen.
    The whole reason they used Amaya instead of Mari is because they couldn't get the actress that played Mari, as she was already committed to another project.