Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Next Arrowverse Series Speculation

So apparently there is going to be another Arrowverse show next year. There's been plenty of speculation, with people saying stuff like Green Lantern, Black Canary etc

What would you like to see?

I'm hoping for another Team, as Legends is the only formal team right now, and although most of the shows have some kind of ensemble I'd like another team proper. Might be too expensive to do, but won't stop me speculating for now.

Possible Characters for a series:
    Green Lantern
    Black Canary
    Midnighter and/or Apollo
    Blue Beetle and/or Booster Gold

Characters they cannot do:
    Anyone featured in DCU and DCEU

Possible Teams (probably all too expensive):
    Secret Six
    Freedom Fighters
    Outsiders
    Legion of Superheroes

Teams that they cannot do because DCU/DCEU has them:
    Birds of Prey (DCEU film)
    Suicide Squad (DCEU film)
    Teen Titans (Titans)
    Doom Patrol (same title)
    Justice Society of America (Stargirl presumably)
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 08-12-2019 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Typos

I know because John seems to raise Turners kid as his own everyone seems to think Bronze Tiger is marked for death. But I'd love a Michale Jai white led TV show where he tries to be a hero and stay on the straight and narrow after Oliver's passing.

With Batwoman filling out Arrow's niche I'd want something that would feel fresh and new.

I would think a magic show (wasn't there a rumored Traci 13 show?) with Zatanna or something, but Legends seems to be moving in a more magical direction over time travel.

Green Lantern would be too expensive with all of the special effects it would need for each episode.
    Can't really shove in a character that's already been used either (as a reoccurring character at least).

Maybe something like Jonah Hex, and bring back the Western setting?

Perhaps with a character like Artemis Grace, she doesn't fly, but has super strength (one of the easier super powers for special effects I'd assume), and not the most well known character either, as the direction of many of these series goes. Plus, it goes into the Wonder Woman family/mythos.

Probably would have a ton of overlap with Batwoman, unless you go the country-hopping route, but I would love a Red Hood series. Could be something like, Kate defends Gotham while Jason travels the world in search of Bruce?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Probably would have a ton of overlap with Batwoman, unless you go the country-hopping route, but I would love a Red Hood series. Could be something like, Kate defends Gotham while Jason travels the world in search of Bruce?
    I suspect they probably can't use Jason Todd because he is on Titans, and is also set to be a series regular there for season 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    I suspect they probably can't use Jason Todd because he is on Titans, and is also set to be a series regular there for season 2.
    That makes me a sad panda.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    That makes me a sad panda.
    But they might eventually make him Red Hood on Titans, so that's good for Jason Todd fans?

I’m guessing it’ll be Constantine. Supernatural is ending, CW seems to like the character. The other possibility is Mia Queen, but something counting against that is that it would be tough to work that show into crossovers. I really hope it’s not GL, that’s the last character that could work on a live action tv show.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I’m guessing it’ll be Constantine. Supernatural is ending, CW seems to like the character.
    Would that count as a new series though? As he already had a single season, so wouldn't it be more like a renewal or reboot (or just a second season)?

Other then Bronze Tiger I'd love the to introduce The Question next season and then let him take Arrows place. Kevin Smith says he was told there were rights issues with the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Blue Beetle and/or Booster Gold
    Blue Freakin' Beetle. It is HIGH time Ted Kord got some respect. What are they waiting for by not featuring any Beetle anywhere (except Jaime on Young Justice and the DTV Titan movies)? Why turn Ray Palmer into a Ted clone? Ted's tech and tools are perfect for a TV show!

I see the series starting out with Ted Kord realizing there have been way too many break-ins at Kord Industries with randoms stealing his stuff, and he decides that the only way to protect his assets is to suit up as the Blue Beetle. Throw in some mumbo jumbo about Dan Garrett and Ted getting the beetle scarab which inspired him to create his company to unlock its secrets.

Bring in Jaime Reyes later, and he eventually bonds with the scarab. Jaime would fill in the role that Roy played on Arrow and Wally on Flash where they build up him getting his powers and when he finally does, they don't know what to do with him, so they have to write him off the show.

Maybe Mr. Terrific?

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    Maybe Mr. Terrific?
    If they start from scratch but I cant stand the one we got in Arrow. Nevermind that's not true. Hes fine in small doses. I couldn't watch a show with that character as the lead though.

Arrow 2040 would be my guess (maybe a little too obvious).

Retired

Seems strange the ones that people think can't be done and the ones they think should be done.

I've never read the modern version of Secret Six, but the classic version is quite practical--that could easily be done, but I'd prefer it to be a limited series on the streaming service, as it has a definite conclusion.

You would think anything with Superman wouldn't be allowed, but we already have Supergirl. It seems like a Superman Family series could be done. I rather wish they were killing off Supergirl to replace her series with a Superman Family show, maybe in a new reset post-Crisis continuity.

I don't think anyone wants the 2040 Arrow team to be spun off into their own series. And it would be too difficult to make it fit with the other shows. Likewise, while I'd like to see Jonah Hex return to the Legends, it would be hard to integrate him into the 21st century, without losing something of his unique qualities.

Maybe they could spin off John Costantine into another series that was completely magic-based. That would take him out of the Legends team--and then they could shift away from all the occult stuff and get back to their science fiction based adventures. And, since Justice League Dark is out, Constantine's team could be called Night Force.

Or simply take a bunch of actors from Legends and the other series and give them their own new show. Perhaps a Seven Soldiers (of Victory) or a Super Buddies series.