Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 43
  1. #16
    Astonishing Member superduperman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Metropolis USA
    Posts
    3,718

    Default

    I would love to see a traditional Superman/Lois type series. I don't know if they'd age the kid up or not. If they were going to do a Mr. Terrific type show, I'd kind of like it to be in the vein of the Terrifics series where he travels the multiverse. And, yeah, Blue Beetle would be great. They've acknowledged Ted Kord exists since Arrow was the only show but we've never been allowed to see him. As far as the Robins and Batwoman go, I doubt they'll get to even acknowledge him in that universe with Titans pretty much using up all the Robins. I assume they can still use the rest of his rogues, though. But I doubt big names like Joker or Harley Quinn will be making an appearance.
    Now listen to me, Clark! This great strength of yours--you've got to hide it from people or they'll be scared of you!

  2. #17
    Standing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    11,907

    Default

    I assume that, since Brandon Routh appearing on ARROW as Ted Kord/Blue Beetle got nixed, they don't have permission to use the character. That may have changed, but I haven't heard anything. I think it's likely that they gave the rights to develop the Jaime Reyes version to another studio and that's why Berlanti can't use Blue Beetle. They could probably introduce a Ted Kord character, but he couldn't become Blue Beetle. It seems a lot easier to introduce the secret identities--it's the codenames that are spoken for. So you can have Ted Kord, Bruce Wayne, Slade Wilson, John Stewart--but not their costumed identities.
    celebrating 50 years of 4 beatles crossing a zebra

  3. #18
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,010

    Default

    A complete fantasy these days I know, but either a Superman (no kid!), Batman, or Wonder Woman series. Not Supergirl, Krypton, Batwoman, Gotham, Pennyworth, or Titans, but an actual Superman or Batman or Wonder Woman show.

    But seeing as that's never going to happen...

    I've been recently thinking Steel deserves some push, and he could easily fit into the CW slate and play nicely with Supergirl and the Legends I think. I mean Olsen and Palmer both kind of do what he does (scifi armor thing), so no having to wonder if it'd work.

    Constantine is the obvious easy choice, and I'd love it.

    Vixen, I mean they have the character and did her a couple animated movies in CW verse, why not just bite the bullet already?

    Jonah Hex would be fun, but I don't think CW would commit to doing a western.

    Krypto the Superdog - I am legit being serious here, it could be done. Some Superman supporting character is entrusted with the care of a well trained super dog, and uses dog's powers secretly to help protect Metropolis. Honestly this one I want just to see if they could pull it off.

    Since no one else has said it then I'll say it: Ambush Bug.

    Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I really hope it’s not GL, that’s the last character that could work on a live action tv show.
    To be fair, all of the separate pieces you need to do a GL show have been done on television. The Orville for example has done some really beautiful space scenes on what I imagine is probably a lower budget than some of the less humorous space scifi shows. For sheer mix and variety of alien characters Farscape is probably still the gold standard and that was 20 years ago. Supergirl does flying pretty well, and the ring powers can't be more complicated than anything the Flash has done. So all the pieces to do GL justice has been done before. Sadly it's just doing all of those things in one series that raises the costs to an exorbitant amount. Maybe in 20/30 years if costs come down enough you could pull all those pieces together, but right now it just can't be done I think.

    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Blue Freakin' Beetle. It is HIGH time Ted Kord got some respect. What are they waiting for by not featuring any Beetle anywhere (except Jaime on Young Justice and the DTV Titan movies)? Why turn Ray Palmer into a Ted clone? Ted's tech and tools are perfect for a TV show!

    I see the series starting out with Ted Kord realizing there have been way too many break-ins at Kord Industries with randoms stealing his stuff, and he decides that the only way to protect his assets is to suit up as the Blue Beetle. Throw in some mumbo jumbo about Dan Garrett and Ted getting the beetle scarab which inspired him to create his company to unlock its secrets.

    Bring in Jaime Reyes later, and he eventually bonds with the scarab. Jaime would fill in the role that Roy played on Arrow and Wally on Flash where they build up him getting his powers and when he finally does, they don't know what to do with him, so they have to write him off the show.
    As much as I like Ted Kord, I think Jaime Reyes is the easier sell. He's the current Blue Beetle while Ted's been dead for over a decade. Jaime's been the main Blue Beetle represented in outside media with Batman: The Brave and the Bold (yes Ted appeared in the opening segment of one episode), Young Justice, and the Teen Titans DTV movies. There was even an attempt at a live action Jaime Reyes BB show that got scrapped while still in early development. And he adds diversity to the line up which appeals to the CW fanbase I think. If DC/WB is going to push for a Blue Beetle, it'll be Jaime Reyes.

  4. #19
    Incredible Member OpaqueGiraffe17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Would that count as a new series though? As he already had a single season, so wouldn't it be more like a renewal or reboot (or just a second season)?
    I’m picturing more of a Justice League Dark type show than Constantine season 2. Maybe they’d even grab Alec, Abby, Phantom Stranger and Xanadu from the cancelled dcu show.
    Edit: didn’t realize cw dismissed another John show only a few days ago. Oh well.
    Last edited by OpaqueGiraffe17; 08-14-2019 at 03:21 PM.

  5. #20
    Incredible Member Bat-Meal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    503

    Default

    That these shows/movies have to juggle around each other, to mostly not use the same characters, is weird. If they are separate universes than you'd think they wouldn't have to worry so much about doing their own interpretations of characters.

    Arrowverse (including Black Lightning?)
    Titanverse/DCU
    Krypton
    Pennyworth
    DCEU
    Joker (not part of DCEU)

    Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    I’m picturing more of a Justice League Dark type show than Constantine season 2.
    Justice League Dark sounds cool, I'd watch.


    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Krypto the Superdog - I am legit being serious here, it could be done.
    I think he's on Titans as well. No one seems to be using Ace though.
    Last edited by Bat-Meal; 08-14-2019 at 09:50 PM.

  6. #21
    Mighty Member 90'sCartoonMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Lala Land
    Posts
    1,056

    Default

    Animal Man is another one I can see them considering.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    As much as I like Ted Kord, I think Jaime Reyes is the easier sell. He's the current Blue Beetle while Ted's been dead for over a decade. Jaime's been the main Blue Beetle represented in outside media with Batman: The Brave and the Bold (yes Ted appeared in the opening segment of one episode), Young Justice, and the Teen Titans DTV movies. There was even an attempt at a live action Jaime Reyes BB show that got scrapped while still in early development. And he adds diversity to the line up which appeals to the CW fanbase I think. If DC/WB is going to push for a Blue Beetle, it'll be Jaime Reyes.
    You're right about Jaime (they even did him in live action on Smallville), and I like Jaime, but Ted needs his respect (and his tools wouldn't be as expensive as having Jaime in full on scarab mode)! In addition to that one opening segment, there was a whole Batman the Brave and the Bold episode about Ted (Booster traveling back to have one last adventure with him). And Barry Allen being dead for like 5 years didn't stop them from giving him a Flash TV show.

  7. #22
    Standing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    11,907

    Default

    As I understand it, the reason that sometimes one character can't appear in multiple iterations for different content providers comes from one provider wanting to have exclusive use of the character and not having to compete with those other providers. It's on a case by case basis, so some characters can show up in different itertaions, but others can't. And DC/WB might be trying to develop that character with another content provider, so exclusive rights are on the table in those negotiations. If they've already allowed the CW to use the character, then they can't offer exclusive rights to this other content provider--or they will have to rescind CW's usage, so the other content provider can regain exclusivity.
    celebrating 50 years of 4 beatles crossing a zebra

  8. #23
    Extraordinary Member Jokerz79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    5,583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    As I understand it, the reason that sometimes one character can't appear in multiple iterations for different content providers comes from one provider wanting to have exclusive use of the character and not having to compete with those other providers. It's on a case by case basis, so some characters can show up in different itertaions, but others can't. And DC/WB might be trying to develop that character with another content provider, so exclusive rights are on the table in those negotiations. If they've already allowed the CW to use the character, then they can't offer exclusive rights to this other content provider--or they will have to rescind CW's usage, so the other content provider can regain exclusivity.
    The Mid 00's was maybe the most confusing.

    Bats couldn't appear on Smallville.

    Scarecrow, Two-Face, and Ra's weren't allowed to appear on the The Batman animated series.

    Only Batman no Bat villains could appear on Justice League Unlimited.

    Aquaman could appear on JL & JLU but not be a regular.

    Blue Beetle and Firestorm couldn't appear on JLU either due to film rights at the time.

  9. #24
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Bronx, New York
    Posts
    6,802

    Default

    Whatever the new show might be it has to appeal to the network's demographic first and foremost. Blue Beetle (Jamie) would be cool but I don't know if they have the budget for it.

    They could give the Ray a show and follow his exploits on Earth X.

  10. #25
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    42,431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Animal Man is another one I can see them considering.
    That would be kind of ironic considering they haven't done anything with Vixen in forever.

  11. #26
    Ultimate Member Gray Lensman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    10,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    If they start from scratch but I cant stand the one we got in Arrow. Nevermind that's not true. Hes fine in small doses. I couldn't watch a show with that character as the lead though.
    I haven't been watching for a while, but have they actually allowed him to be terrific at anything yet? Besides getting taken down like a punk, he was always the easiest member of the team to defeat when I stopped.
    "Theory: The Phoenix doesn't corrupt the characters, it corrupts the authors." Gambit, King of Thieves

  12. #27
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1,373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    The Mid 00's was maybe the most confusing.

    Bats couldn't appear on Smallville.

    Scarecrow, Two-Face, and Ra's weren't allowed to appear on the The Batman animated series.

    Only Batman no Bat villains could appear on Justice League Unlimited.

    Aquaman could appear on JL & JLU but not be a regular.

    Blue Beetle and Firestorm couldn't appear on JLU either due to film rights at the time.
    Alot of the Bat stuff was due to the Nolanverse movies. They were reluctant to use characters that could end up in movies despite the fact their not the same in the slightest

  13. #28
    Incredible Member Bat-Meal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Alot of the Bat stuff was due to the Nolanverse movies. They were reluctant to use characters that could end up in movies despite the fact their not the same in the slightest
    Well, with another Batman film in the works, guess a lot of villains and stuff won't get to appear on the Batwoman and Titan series. Although, Flash has both a series and appears in films, so who knows.

  14. #29
    King of Wakanda Midvillian1322's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7,640

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I haven't been watching for a while, but have they actually allowed him to be terrific at anything yet? Besides getting taken down like a punk, he was always the easiest member of the team to defeat when I stopped.
    Hes terrific with specific tech lol but Felcity seems smarter in general. But then he invents shit that shes blown away by. Basically his only worth is as a inventor. His T Spheres, that nano tech that let's felicity walk, I think he whipped something up to help Argus interrogate Diaz inside his own head. But yea in the field hes suppose to be like a Gold Medal winning fighter but hes the weakest link. Steet fighter Wild Dog consistantly put up better showings. Also doesnt help the actor works against Rick Gonzales in alot of scenes these days and they arrnt the same caliber actors. Rick was as close to being a full fledged movie star as you can get without actually making it. In the early 2000s he was in every movie and then he got his own action movie in Illegal Tender and if it would have been good and done well. Who knows he could be in the MCU or DCEU instead right now.

    I just want more Michale Jai White. So either give us a Brozne tiger show or a Task force X show with Ben leading the team. Just got to use chatacters the movies wont. And avoid suicide squad, just say Task force X.

  15. #30
    Standing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    11,907

    Default

    I find that they cast an actor to play the character, but then as they go along they discover where the strengths of the actor are and then they write the character for the actor. So Echo Kellum is good at playing comedy and maybe not so good at the serious stuff--thus his Mr. Terrific is a different one from the comics.

    I just wish they had continued writing to Emily Bett Rickards' strengths as a comedian. It was when they tried to give Felicity dramatic weight that the problems began. Her role should have always been to lighten the mood and provide the comic relief.

    I think they've worked out that Candice Patton isn't the strongest at doing comedy--leave that to Carlos Valdes and Tom Cavanagh. What she's good at is playing the straight man, delivering the straight line that the other actor can respond to in a comic way. I always think it's funny when Iris shows her lack of knowledge of nerd things like Star Wars and the reaction that gets from the other cast members.
    celebrating 50 years of 4 beatles crossing a zebra

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •