Quote Originally Posted by uebersoldat View Post
You can't mention El Paso without also admitting the Dayton mass shooter associated himself with antifa. CNN: "In addition, a Twitter account that appears to belong to Betts retweeted extreme left-wing and anti-police posts, as well as tweets supporting Antifa, or anti-fascist, protesters."

You have just proven my point btw.

Sadly things will just continue to escalate and people right here in the open condone the actions of an increasingly violent group of thugs because they claim to be fighting against evil. In reality they are just angry mobs and evil begets evil.

EDIT: To illustrate a bit more comic-focused - I see it as the difference between modern extremist Cyclops and what he was willing to do vs the peaceful dream Xavier had before they shredded his credibility later on. I'm firmly with Xavier's dream here. Violence has no place in a modern society.
I'm going to note that fascist/"alt right" violence and threat of it has been going on for far, far, far longer than people tend to acknowledge. The Giffords shooting. The armed standoffs at Bundy ranch and Malheur refuge - and shootings committed by people at were at Bundy ranch. These things have been happening since not long after Obama entered office, and ultimately, the things seen with Antifa (the real things - not the BS spewed by fascists and "alt right" to justify their actions) are a response to these behaviors. Antifa would not exist if the reason for their existence did not exist. It's in the name.

I leave you with that.