Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

Default The best comics for you favourite character(s)

Like topic said, What is the best comics for you favourite charater(s) in you opinion
    In my case, I think All-Star Superman is the best "Superman" story, And the Red Son is the best story related to Supes, And TBH, I personally think Kindom Come is a good elseworld story but I don't think it story is as great as All-Star or Red Son, What elevated KC is it art style, Ross' art style really impressive, IMO
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Beast Boy and Raven: Both the 80s and Early 2000s Titans books. Raven's Post-Flashpoint solo books have been pretty good too.

Damian: Morrison's Batman and Robin. Tomasi's Batman and Robin. Robin: Son of Batman. Super Sons.

Bart, Cassie, and Conner: Pre-Flashpoint Young Justice. For just Cassie and Conner: The Johns' Teen Titans. I'm tempted to count Bart and Conner's solo books too because I hear they're also great. But I haven't read either of them yet.

Jon: Super Sons. Good God, I am already missing this series.

BANNED

For Superman, I'd say the triangle era, along with the John Byrne run. I was never a fan of All-Star Superman. I find I really don't like Frank Quitely's artwork, and I'm not really that much of a Grant Morrison fan, either.

Jason Todd: Red Hood series.

Jon Kent: Superman/Action Comics Rebirth, Super Sons, and Adventures of Super Sons.

Jay Garrick:
    90's Flash book & JSA

Ray Palmer:
    Sword of The Atom, Teen Titans by Jurgens

Shazam!
    Power of Shazam! JSA
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Green Lantern (Hal Jordan): "Sinestro Corps War" and "Blackest Night"

Batman: "Batman: Year One" and "The Long Halloween"

Superman: I'm not the biggest fan of his, but I loved "Superman for all Seasons."

Wildfire: Considering the number of team members in the Legion, basically any time he managed to get a spotlight. But the reboot one in "Legion Lost" stands out because of Coipel's art and the fact that they had waited a loooong time to reintroduce him. Also, the issue of him telling his origin to the Legion cadets is another. (don't know the issue)

The Question: Can I say JLU's "Question Authority?" Okay, that's not a comic, and I can't just say "The entire O'Neil run." Hard to pick a particular issue with him...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Wildfire: Considering the number of team members in the Legion, basically any time he managed to get a spotlight. But the reboot one in "Legion Lost" stands out because of Coipel's art and the fact that they had waited a loooong time to reintroduce him. Also, the issue of him telling his origin to the Legion cadets is another. (don't know the issue)
    #283 - Good issue

Mary Marvel (Post-Crisis) - Ordway's The Power of SHAZAM! & Formerly Known as the Justice League

Riddler - "When is a Door: The Secret Origin of The Riddler" (from Secret Origins Special 1989)

Two-Face - The Long Halloween (from Loeb/Sale)

Superman: Morrison and Pak's Action Vol. 2, and the triangle era a close second.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Batman:
    Zero Year- just the first half with Red Hood as the villain. As excellent as Year One is, it has always been more a good Jim Gordon origin story to me rather than a Batman one, making Zero Year the much better "Batman" origin.
    The Long Halloween - For my money still the Batman story to beat. And the best origin Two Face has ever had.
    The Dark Knight Returns - going to be honest, never read the book proper, but the animated movie adaptation is easily my favorite Batman experience ever. Considering how faithful they say it is, I can't imagine not loving the book version. Great story!

Superman:
    Birthright - the perfect Superman origin for me. Just freaking beautiful.
    Man and Superman - Hard to believe this has been out for less than a year, reads like a classic to me. I know a lot of people are tired of newer origin stories these days, but this one is worth it.
    Red Son - Similar to TDKR in that I've not actually read the book (saw the motion comic), but again faithful adaptation it seems. Story is freaking perfect and really showcases the need for wild and out there Elseworld tales.

Wonder Woman:
    The Legend of Wonder Woman - Sadly Wonder Woman does not have the dearth of great popular stories she deserves, but of the few Wondie stories I've read so far this is by far the stand out. A much better origin story than her Year One in my personal opinion. This is just perfect all the way around.