Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

The atmosphere in this issue was top notch, felt and looked like a bonafide horror movie appropriately. Hope the rest of the main series can stay looking this good, you can definitely tell a lot of time was spent on that as stated on the letters page.

Quote Originally Posted by JGC View Post
    I am surprised there isn’t more chatter about AC #1... this issue was fantastic! I find it so utterly weird that I’m enjoying the Venom series and all the satellite and tie-in books more than any of the Spider titles, and AC #1 was no exception. It was a friggin’ joy to read! I turned each page with anticipation and couldn’t believe how awesome Stegman’s art was. And I love how true to continuity this story is building off from. Best “Spidey” book on the shelves today, no contest.
    I'm surprised this isn't getting as much buzz as what is happening with the X books. Cates and Stegman are two incredible talents working at the apex of their powers here. I'm not even a Spider Man fan really, but I jumped on this book because I liked the artist. While even just being a little familiar with the main characters, I was still very engaged in what story was being woven here. I read a lot of books this week, and I think this was my favorite. Even above House of X, which was also good.

I was on the fence with this....because I wasn’t interested in a huge drawn out stretched across multiple titles type crossover event.

Oh my god was I wrong. This was such a damn good read. This is how you do a Carnage/Venom/Spider-Man story. Keep it dark, bloody, nasty with a touch of that classic Spider-Man humor. The horror movie type atmosphere is so good here. The dynamic between Spidey and Venom also works. Chapter 3 of this book had chills running up my spine the entire time. The artwork fit so well

All in all, I’m really excited for the rest of this. It’s a shame that will all the attention the X world is getting now that this title might be passed over by some.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

The X-Men deserve all the attention they can get, but that doesn't mean Absolute Carnage should be left by the wayside. What's happening with both of them is absolutely incredible, albeit in different ways. That said, I agree with everyone here that Spider-Man stole the show, and I would personally look forward to a Cates-written (preferably with Stegman joining him on art) Spider-Man miniseries or original graphic novel. In the meantime, have two of my favorite lines from Carnage in other media that in retrospect were perfect foreshadowing for this moment.

"We'll wreak glorious carnage throughout the land!" --- Cletus Kasady, before bonding with the Carnage symbiote in the 90s Spider-Man animated series.

"When I get out, and I will . . . there's gonna be carnage." --- Kasady again, but in the stinger/mid-credits for last year's Venom movie.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    The X-Men deserve all the attention they can get, but that doesn't mean Absolute Carnage should be left by the wayside. What's happening with both of them is absolutely incredible, albeit in different ways. That said, I agree with everyone here that Spider-Man stole the show, and I would personally look forward to a Cates-written (preferably with Stegman joining him on art) Spider-Man miniseries or original graphic novel. In the meantime, have two of my favorite lines from Carnage in other media that in retrospect were perfect foreshadowing for this moment.

"We'll wreak glorious carnage throughout the land!" --- Cletus Kasady, before bonding with the Carnage symbiote in the 90s Spider-Man animated series.

"When I get out, and I will . . . there's gonna be carnage." --- Kasady again, but in the stinger/mid-credits for last year's Venom movie.
    You won’t get any debate from me. I actually feel that the X event deserves even more attention then what it’s getting lol. It’s on absolute fire right now. I do feel that it was poor timing to have this big event running at the same time though because I’m worried that people are going to pass over Absolute Carnage.

After going back through the issue more praise needs to go to the artwork. Really sets the atmosphere for the tittle. Stegman is on point

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    You won’t get any debate from me. I actually feel that the X event deserves even more attention then what it’s getting lol. It’s on absolute fire right now. I do feel that it was poor timing to have this big event running at the same time though because I’m worried that people are going to pass over Absolute Carnage.

After going back through the issue more praise needs to go to the artwork. Really sets the atmosphere for the tittle. Stegman is on point
    He sure is. Stegman on anything Spider-Man/Venom-related is a treat for the eyes.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Great issue. Could’ve been in the pages of Venom instead of an event, but such is the way of comics now.
    Can’t wait to see where it goes.
    Love how even despite all this, we are still building up towards the huge Knull thing (whenever that will be)

BANNED

This book is going to do just fine. No need to worry.

I just read it and, my God, what a fu@king beast of an issue!!

Cates and Stegman are such a killer creative team and they clearly poured a lot of love into this book. I can only imagine how insane the rest of this is going to be.

But yeah, fantastic kick off. With this and House of X #2, it was one hell of a week for comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    This book is going to do just fine. No need to worry.

I just read it and, my God, what a fu@king beast of an issue!!

Cates and Stegman are such a killer creative team and they clearly poured a lot of love into this book. I can only imagine how insane the rest of this is going to be.

But yeah, fantastic kick off. With this and House of X #2, it was one hell of a week for comics.
    Agreed. This has been one fantastic span to be a comic book fan. Some really good stuff out there.
    i am worried if Spider-Man sticks around long term in this series though. I get the feeling that he will be in an issue or two more and then he and venom will part ways with Venom being the main star for the remaining issues. I’m hoping not because damn Spider-Man really stole the show in this issue.

Agreed. This has been one fantastic span to be a comic book fan. Some really good stuff out there.
    i am worried if Spider-Man sticks around long term in this series though. I get the feeling that he will be in an issue or two more and then he and venom will part ways with Venom being the main star for the remaining issues. I’m hoping not because damn Spider-Man really stole the show in this issue.
    Unfortunately I believe they will part ways but hopefully not long term cause issues 29 and 30 of Amazing has Peter protecting Dylan. And I truly believe that Dylan is some special type of symbiote human and he is going to play a huge role later in the story
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

I'm pretty it is although wasn't Carnage announced first so technically X-men is getting the major focus that Carnage should have been getting
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Incredible Member

Interesting The Maker appeared in both this and Future Foundation. Curious how that will be explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    Interesting The Maker appeared in both this and Future Foundation. Curious how that will be explained.
    Or John Jameson being a Agent of Wakanda and a Ravencroft security guard.
    Last edited by Hugo Strange; 08-09-2019 at 04:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    that's just it. i'm not choosing to read it. that has an effect on my reading for an entire month. the symbiotes suck. and i don't particularly care if you agree with me or not.

then Superior will be the one spider-man title that i can enjoy.
    You missing out. I was in the same boat as you and considered passing this up. I was just tired with the overly convoluted world of symbiotes at this point. However this first issue was so damn good. I would easily consider it a must read for anyone craving a darker horror style Spiderman story. Hell I would pretty much recommend it to anyone interested in the Venom/Spider-Man dynamic because it was handled and written so well. Plus the art was absolutely gorgeous and really fit well in this this type of story

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    It's because since Secret Wars, the Maker was split into multiple different "slices", able to traverse and take his own place across multiple universes. It's is how he's able to be involved with everything involving Eddie and Venom, and what he's doing with the Future Foundation now.