Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Strange View Post
    Or John Jameson being a Agent of Wakanda and a Ravencroft security guard.
    That one's easy. John doesn't work at Ravencroft anymore. He's called in favors from the staff from when he used to be the Chief of Security there. He's explicitly referred to in Cult of Carnage as Agent Jameson.

Astonishing Member

I still don't understand one thing. During Venomized, Cletus was bonded to a different symbiote, then turned into a Poison. If both the symbiote and the host end up dissolving in the Poison, how did Cassady survive the experience?

And now that I mention them, do you think the Poisons will return to defeat Knull and the others?

One detail I really liked in this was the homage to Venom pushing peter in front of the train in a Web Of Spider Man issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I still don't understand one thing. During Venomized, Cletus was bonded to a different symbiote, then turned into a Poison. If both the symbiote and the host end up dissolving in the Poison, how did Cassady survive the experience?

And now that I mention them, do you think the Poisons will return to defeat Knull and the others?
    Read Web Of Venom: Carnage Born and that will show you what happened to Cletus between Venomized and now.

Basically when Poison Cletus crash landed on Earth after those events, the Poison/symbiote surrounding him shattered, while also still killing him, leading to the cult resurrecting and bonding him with the Grendel.

Does Ben show up in the first issue?

-Pav, who will buy it like now if so...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Does Ben show up in the first issue?

-Pav, who will buy it like now if so...
    He does not. First issue is more or less set up. Eddie and Pete re-establishing their dynamic, bringing in the Maker, and showing how batshit insane Cletus is.

http://stegmanandfriends.podbean.com/

someone make cliffnotes
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Read #1 -- really enjoyed it. Even without Ben

Has Stegman's art ever looked better? Jeez oh man. Glad to know he's a fellow Ryan and a fellow Michigander to boot!

I was already reading the Silver Surfer mini, so that adds an extremely fun aspect to this storyline. I definitely recommend picking that up for anyone who hasn't.

Pure Speculation: Andi becomes the new Demogoblin

-Pav, who wonders if Firestar will show up...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I'm pretty it is although wasn't Carnage announced first so technically X-men is getting the major focus that Carnage should have been getting
    The Hickman X-Men run has been in the works for a long time. According to the Directors Cut, the script for #1 was finished in November 2018.

It is also a bigger deal to have a relaunch of the X-books after a fallow period than a crossover between Spider-Man and Venom (even if this is their first interaction after efforts to give Venom a unique identity outside of Spider-Man.)
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Ok, finally got by the shop to pick up my books. This was at the top of my stack and it did not disappoint! WOW!!!!!

Story and art A+! Cates is currently one of my favorite writers and Ryan Stegeman's work was outstanding!!! Love how he draws spidey!

Can't wait to see what happens next!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Awesome start (though Funeral Pyre made for a great prequel). One thing that really has me interested is how Carange's appearance might continue to change as he absorbs more codices.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

A fantastic start, IMO.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

any thoughts on the scream and lethal protectors issues?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    any thoughts on the scream and lethal protectors issues?
    Scream was great. I love how the new Scream is essentially now a mash-up of three different personalities, and that Scream is going to be the one who's going to be fighting Andi. With Lethal Protector, are you referring to Separation Anxiety?
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

An Absolute Carnage animation/tie-in that shows how much crazy Norman is and a few spoilers of the future:

Yeah, Harry will definitely die... I hope he brings Molten Man back first. He would be the perfect bodyguard against symbiotes.