Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Question about Titans disbanded while Barry is still in JL

Hello,
    have one question:

The JL disbanded the Titans, BUT what is about
    -BARRY who created Flashpoint and its one of the persons responsable for Flashpoint,NEW52 etc.
    -DIANA who is evil in Flashpoint
    etc. etc. etc.

I mean did they say something about that?

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

I think that you are referring to Dan Abnett's run here and the Justice League putting the Titans on hold for a period after all that business with Troia.

As regards Flashpoint, if the Titans were even aware of it then that would have been through Wally. However, Wally was adamant during the Rebirth special that outside forces had manipulated the DCU timeline during that event (Dr. Manhattan) and therefore Barry wasn't culpable. The Titans certainly wouldn't have been aware of the version of Wonder Woman that existed in the Flashpoint universe.

Plus, are they gonna tell the likes of Superman where to go ?

Spectacular Member

i find it more annoying that damians teen titans can go about doing what ever they want and noone seems to care, but those damn millenial titans save the day and apparently they are just a reckless bunch of amateurs.

There was so much wrong with the League and Titans dynamic in that run.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by deadman322 View Post
    i find it more annoying that damians teen titans can go about doing what ever they want and noone seems to care, but those damn millenial titans save the day and apparently they are just a reckless bunch of amateurs.
    Damian's TT need to be reigned in with all the sketchy stuff that they are up to.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I prefer the Titans to be its own thing. Portraying them as some kind of Justice League's B-team or a subsidiary the League has authority over doesn't work for me. I can understand the League stepping in if they feel the Teen Titans are out of control since they're still minors, but it makes no sense with the Titans, who are all adults. Personally, I thought the mid-2000s found the best solution with some of the adult Titans mentoring the Teen Titans while the other adult Titans were off doing their own thing in Outsiders.

Making the Titans into a Junior JLA makes sense given the popularity of the Young Justice cartoon, but it doesn't work within the context of the comics.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

It was an Abnett Titans comic, and it was terrible.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    I think that you are referring to Dan Abnett's run here and the Justice League putting the Titans on hold for a period after all that business with Troia.

As regards Flashpoint, if the Titans were even aware of it then that would have been through Wally. However, Wally was adamant during the Rebirth special that outside forces had manipulated the DCU timeline during that event (Dr. Manhattan) and therefore Barry wasn't culpable. The Titans certainly wouldn't have been aware of the version of Wonder Woman that existed in the Flashpoint universe.

Plus, are they gonna tell the likes of Superman where to go ?
    I wasnt talking about the Titans being aware...

I mean in general:
    -BARRY is the one who created FLASHPOINT, so the other JL members should also speak with him or even fire him...I mean Flashpoint was clearly his fault. And maybe without him changing timeline NEW52 and Rebirth would have never happened
    -DIANA should also rethink about herself, given that there is an EVIL Diana in Flashpoint

I mean if JL is aware of Flashpoint etc. they should have serious talks with Barry and Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    I wasnt talking about the Titans being aware...

I mean in general:
    -BARRY is the one who created FLASHPOINT, so the other JL members should also speak with him or even fire him...I mean Flashpoint was clearly his fault. And maybe without him changing timeline NEW52 and Rebirth would have never happened
    -DIANA should also rethink about herself, given that there is an EVIL Diana in Flashpoint

I mean if JL is aware of Flashpoint etc. they should have serious talks with Barry and Diana.
    Batman should rethink himself, considering SEVERAL evil Batmen set off Dark Knights Metal (and one of those is STILL running around!).
    Superman should rethink himself because of Injustice Superman and Ultraman.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Batman should rethink himself, considering SEVERAL evil Batmen set off Dark Knights Metal (and one of those is STILL running around!).
    Superman should rethink himself because of Injustice Superman and Ultraman.
    Difficult:
    Is Ultraman still in Continuity? Clark doesnt know about Injustice Superman...AND!! to be fair Ultraman and Injustice Superman are BOTH from ANOTHER EARTH..
    But yes it would be also good for Superman, but he is already humble..

BUT! Flashpoint Diana is still Diana of THIS Earth! only from another timeline. And Diana was more outspoken during the disbanding of the Titans and is more arrogant than the others.

Difficult:
    Is Ultraman still in Continuity? Clark doesnt know about Injustice Superman...AND!! to be fair Ultraman and Injustice Superman are BOTH from ANOTHER EARTH..

BUT! Flashpoint Diana is still Diana of THIS Earth! only from another timeline. And Diana was more outspoken during the disbanding of the Titans and is more arrogant than the others.
    Yes Ultraman is in continuity (according to Bendis).

But still, Ultraman, Injustice Superman, the Dark Knights, etc, are alternate versions of the main one. Just like Flashpoint Diana is to main Diana.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Difficult:

They are part of other earths (Ultraman is). But,injustice is another timeline in hypertime of the prime earth(i think) just like diana in flashpoint.
    That aside,i agree with you overall. It was hypocritical of jl to step in and titans to let them have their way was really bad writing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I prefer the Titans to be its own thing. Portraying them as some kind of Justice League's B-team or a subsidiary the League has authority over doesn't work for me.
    I don't see how it could work for anyone who is familiar with the Wolfman/Perez era of Titans. They are their own group -- JLA be damned!

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I prefer the Titans to be its own thing. Portraying them as some kind of Justice League's B-team or a subsidiary the League has authority over doesn't work for me. I can understand the League stepping in if they feel the Teen Titans are out of control since they're still minors, but it makes no sense with the Titans, who are all adults. Personally, I thought the mid-2000s found the best solution with some of the adult Titans mentoring the Teen Titans while the other adult Titans were off doing their own thing in Outsiders.

Making the Titans into a Junior JLA makes sense given the popularity of the Young Justice cartoon, but it doesn't work within the context of the comics.
    I absolutely agree. Even more so now that we have a Young Justice in the comics. The Teen Titan were more independent even in the first run, and were certainly totally independent by time the 1980 run started, and by time they were Titans even older. The JL shouldn't have any sort of authority over them - they're adults. Just a different Team.

Damian's TT need to be reigned in with all the sketchy stuff that they are up to.
    But not by the JL, given all the sketchy stuff they've done....and that's make my thoughts go off on a tangent about how frustrated I am by all the heroes being made so unheroic in recent ...decades (can't even say years anymore, as it's gone on way too long for that - in events, at least).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I absolutely agree. Even more so now that we have a Young Justice in the comics. The Teen Titan were more independent even in the first run, and were certainly totally independent by time the 1980 run started, and by time they were Titans even older. The JL shouldn't have any sort of authority over them - they're adults. Just a different Team.

But not by the JL, given all the sketchy stuff they've done....and that's make my thoughts go off on a tangent about how frustrated I am by all the heroes being made so unheroic in recent ...decades (can't even say years anymore, as it's gone on way too long for that - in events, at least).
    Someone needs to reign in the Damian's TT and the Titans need to be independent again. DC is so obsessed with making their heroes 'morally grey', being 'mature' (promoting dark and edgy nonsensical storylines and characters), and pushing the wrong characters as anti-heroes that they've forgotten how to write good stories.

I wouldn't mind a scenario where the Titans were independent and Cyborg acted as a middleman between them and the JL. Sadly, Cyborg is a pawn of Darkseid and the Titans are gonna have problems when Donna turns against them because of Batman Who Laughs.
    Last edited by king81992; 08-30-2019 at 07:24 AM.