Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Captain Marvel Vs The Spectre

Extraordinary Member

Wildcat vs the Injustice Society in JSA #10 was pretty cool

The Captain Marvel v Starman that featured in James Robinson Starman run (and Captain Marvel tie in) was one of the very, very few hero v hero fights that I enjoyed.

For a start there was a reason for the fight that didn’t make the two appear dim wits. Second..the fight came to obvious conclusion that Captain Marvel was simply bound to win because he is far more powerful, but Starman (Jack Knight) fought heroically against all the odds to delay the inevitable defeat..

Then Captain Marvel..seeing how the people of Jack’s city rallied to Jack’s aid had humility and wisdom to realise that he’d been wrong to fight in first place, and allowed Jack to escape.

In short a fight where both came over as true heroes. I dislike the many hero v hero fights where both combatants end up looking like pollocks.

Extraordinary Member

I'd have to say the fight between Sodam Yat and Superboy-Prime during the Sinestro Corps War (Green Lantern Corps #18) when they fight their way through that cemetery immediately comes to mind. There are so many good moments from that fight:

And I know its a controversial event, but speaking of Superboy-Prime, the fight between the three Supermen (the main Earth Superman, Earth 2 Superman, and Superboy-Prime) during Infinite Crisis is pretty epic.

I mean, at one point Superman and Earth 2 Superman drag Superboy-Prime through a red sun.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 08-14-2019 at 11:36 AM.

Supergirl vs the Anti-Monitor. Not only did it look fantastic, but the emotion and stakes makes it breathtaking to read (even if you know what happens in the end)
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Bane vs Batman & Bane vs Azbat

"The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Oh, wait. No. This is better. While looking for Nightwing vs Shiva art I found Connor Hawke vs Shiva on Comicvine. The fight's pretty long too and the brutality plus some insane moves like Shiva blocking Connor's arrow with her foot fulfill my Kill Bill wish.

Attachment 85728

Which issue is this?
    'brotherhood of the fist'
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/comicboo...?SeriesID=1071

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post

I loved this one! I remember having that digest as a kid. Who knew heroes and villains played baseball! Blew my young mind.

Spectacular Member

I also vote for Supergirl versus Anti-Monitor!

crisis7-36.jpg
    crisis7-37.jpg

And I absolutely detest how Bat-god they've made Deathstroke. So, this fight between Wonder Woman and Deathstroke is a great counterpoint:

ww v ds.jpg

For me it has to be Spectre vs Dr.Fate. They actually did it justice.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    For me it has to be Spectre vs Dr.Fate. They actually did it justice.

That looks awesome. Where can I check it out?
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

The Superboy Prime fight with Post Crisis Superman and Pre Crisis Earth 2 Supes was always one of my favorites.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by comicstar100; 08-18-2019 at 12:22 AM.

Incredible Member

despero and johnny sorrow vs jla/jsa

I remember the climactic battle at the end of "The Golden Age" as being pretty intense.

I know I've said it on here before but Dr. Fate vs Brimstone from The Curse of Brimstone #9 is such a hidden gem of a fight. Still my favorite single-issue from the New Age of Heroes initiative

THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."