Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Lord have mercy

Well yeah. 90s Marvel had smarter editors.
    what 90's comics did you read, even gruenwald couldn't stay clean
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Quite unexpected, but I think it could be fun, I'll give it a shot. who doesn't love a space pirate story?
    Probably a better space pirate story then the Star-Lord solo.

Where's a mini for Mantis? Shouldn't she be next? I guess Marvel's still acting like she doesn't exist.

Surprised Nebula hasn't gotten a mini.

Spectacular Member

The real yondu was clean cut with a fin. Not stubble on his face and bugs in his teeth. This is a movie impostor.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

If this were about the real Yondu I'd have interest, but MCU Yondu is a pale shadow of the real thing.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Where's a mini for Mantis? Shouldn't she be next? I guess Marvel's still acting like she doesn't exist.

I'm just glad they haven't reduced comic-Mantis to having the mental capabilities of an infant.
    #EmmaWasRight

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Wow. Um, ok. Good on him, I guess. Hard pass for me, though.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    I'm just glad they haven't reduced comic-Mantis to having the mental capabilities of an infant.
    Oh yeah, it would kind of suck if they brought Mantis back just to turn her into MCU Mantis .

BANNED

I mean, I didn't think Yondu was a character many people cared for. So I'm not sure why he needs a solo title. Marvel continues to surprise me by throwing out random titles and yet leaving plenty of great characters in limbo.

You'd think they'd be higher on the priority list but apparently not. We don't even know where Mantis is right now.

While Marvel does have many ridiculous cases of limbo going on right now, this is a very recognizable character that hasn't had much space to be fleshed out, and it's a good way to test multiple things. When we have books about Death's Head and Scream and Morbius, a book about a character everyone immediately gets isn't a big deal.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Is it just me, or did 90s era Marvel not only have more impulse control but also better quality control? Yikes. But hey, at least Marvel isn't making gimmick hologram covers, not because they don't want to because they can't afford to
    It's just you. 90s gave us The Crossing, Heroes Reborn, The Clone Saga, proliferation of incomprehensible mutant titles by inexperienced writers, and the Marvel Editor in Chief calling the comic Sleepwalker "Sandman done right."

That impulse control gave us such classic 90s Marvel titles like:
    NFL Superpro
    Nightcat
    Bloodwulf
    Nightwatch
    Countless Marvel UK comics
    Fantastic Force
    Mort the Dead Teenager
    Punisher: Purgatory (Frank Castle becomes a literal angel)
    Ravage 2099
    The Barkerverse
    Street Poet Ray

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    I mean, I didn't think Yondu was a character many people cared for. So I'm not sure why he needs a solo title. Marvel continues to surprise me by throwing out random titles and yet leaving plenty of great characters in limbo.
    Exactly what I was thinking. Thank you.

It's not like Marvel isn't celebrating it's 80 year anniversary because of Namor, their OLDEST character, who hasn't had an ongoing in a DECADE and who has been trashed repeatedly since then to push other characters. It's not like there's plenty of writers and artists who have expressed an interest or pitched something for Namor.

Sorry to rain on your parade Yondu fans. I'll just go back to my corner and continue cursing Marvel editorial.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

What so they can officially retcon her as Gamora’s sister? Between Captain Marvel and Guardians of the Galaxy, they’ve certainly been trying to.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    While Marvel does have many ridiculous cases of limbo going on right now, this is a very recognizable character that hasn't had much space to be fleshed out, and it's a good way to test multiple things. When we have books about Death's Head and Scream and Morbius, a book about a character everyone immediately gets isn't a big deal.
    I mean, if we're talking the movie version, yeah. But this being comics there's no guarantee that will have any involvement with the comic other then they are obviously hoping people who saw this version of Yondu in the movies will flock to the comic.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking. Thank you.

It's not like Marvel isn't celebrating it's 80 year anniversary because of Namor, their OLDEST character, who hasn't had an ongoing in a DECADE and who has been trashed repeatedly since then to push other characters. It's not like there's plenty of writers and artists who have expressed an interest or pitched something for Namor.

Sorry to rain on your parade Yondu fans. I'll just go back to my corner and continue cursing Marvel editorial.
    I mean, we've dozens of Avengers and many other great characters aside that could/should be on Marvels radar. I don't recall seeing a Yondu Appreciation thread, or anyone asking for him to get a solo...

That said, if there is anyone looking forward to this then I'm happy for them as it's not often the D-Listers (at best) like Yondu or Deaths Head get a solo title

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    What so they can officially retcon her as Gamora’s sister? Between Captain Marvel and Guardians of the Galaxy, they’ve certainly been trying to.
    It's been retconed for a while now. She was officially portrayed as Gamora's sister in the solo title Gamora had back in 2016/17.