Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wolverine vs General Grievous

Movie versions of both.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

i'd give good odds on logan.

just be glad it's not genndy grievous.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

How is movie adamantium for durability? I can't recall any really significant feats for it to make me think something that can cut through a blast door couldn't cut through it. I haven't seen the later Wolverine movies though. In any case, I feel like he's probably not getting in close to Grievous without getting slashed up pretty bad, which should be able to ten count him.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    How is movie adamantium for durability? I can't recall any really significant feats for it to make me think something that can cut through a blast door couldn't cut through it. I haven't seen the later Wolverine movies though. In any case, I feel like he's probably not getting in close to Grievous without getting slashed up pretty bad, which should be able to ten count him.
    It's always portrayed as indestructible. Logan's claws trivially slice through Magneto's machine in X1. They terrify a dude who literally no-sells a tank shot at point-blank range.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

The winner of this fight solely depends on how well Logan can take a lightsaber hit. I don’t think there’s enough on screen evidence to accurately answer that. We don’t know how adamantium compares to metal used in Star Wars nor do we know how admantium reacts when hit with a lightsaber like weaponry.
    Last edited by Arsenal; 08-14-2019 at 05:54 AM.

Movie Wolverine has taken fire, energy blasts, blades, bullets and blunt impact - all to a high degree - without any damage whatsoever to his adamantium. I fail to see how a lightsaber could possibly be perceived as doing anything to it.

And the fact that he recovered fairly quickly, without his adamantium skeleton, after protecting someone from the effects of the Nagasaki atomic bombing, as well as from a group of men emptying their guns on him, would suggest there's very little Grievous could do to ten count him when he DOES have his adamantium skeleton.

Stomp for Logan.

Does Grievous have any Force powers? I'm not a big Star Wars fan.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Does Grievous have any Force powers? I'm not a big Star Wars fan.
    Nope, but he DOES have spinny robot arms. FOUR of 'em!
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KJS View Post
    Movie Wolverine has taken fire, energy blasts, blades, bullets and blunt impact - all to a high degree - without any damage whatsoever to his adamantium. I fail to see how a lightsaber could possibly be perceived as doing anything to it.

And the fact that he recovered fairly quickly, without his adamantium skeleton, after protecting someone from the effects of the Nagasaki atomic bombing, as well as from a group of men emptying their guns on him, would suggest there's very little Grievous could do to ten count him when he DOES have his adamantium skeleton.

Stomp for Logan.
    There is no way that nuke feat passes SvsFL. For that matter, bone-claw Wolverine has generally had better regeneration.

The rest of that stuff doesn't cut through the things that light sabres cut through, except energy blasts which depends on their feats. He doesn't no-sell attacks, and he's not really much for dodging or even blocking. He needs to get really close to use his claws and there's no adamantium protecting his stomach, throat, tendons, or any other fleshy bits. He might recover fast enough not to be ten-counted by having his stomach split open, but then how strong is he? 'Cause Grievous is at least strong enough to hurl a guy 20ish feet through the air with a backhand, and if he doesn't stay down for a ten count with Grievous going bonzo on his fleshy bits, he should stay down long enough that Grievous can lift him up and pin his arms from behind. Don't know if Wolverine got any solid strength feats as time went on though
    Last edited by BitVyper; 08-14-2019 at 09:28 AM.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    There is no way that nuke feat passes SvsFL. For that matter, bone-claw Wolverine has generally had better regeneration.

The rest of that stuff doesn't cut through the things that light sabres cut through, except energy blasts which depends on their feats. He doesn't no-sell attacks, and he's not really much for dodging or even blocking. He needs to get really close to use his claws and there's no adamantium protecting his stomach, throat, tendons, or any other fleshy bits. He might recover fast enough not to be ten-counted by having his stomach split open, but then how strong is he? 'Cause Grievous is at least strong enough to hurl a guy 20ish feet through the air with a backhand, and if he doesn't stay down for a ten count with Grievous going bonzo on his fleshy bits, he should stay down long enough that Grievous can lift him up and pin his arms from behind. Don't know if Wolverine got any solid strength feats as time went on though
    Wolverine still needs to breathe so choking him out is an option if he can be pinned down.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

given he is limited only to the movies, grievous is woefully slower than he normally portrayed. so it's possible for him to slice off a arm or two before GG gets going.

Movie adamantium did seem to be susceptible to the appliance of high heat (like in the wolverine), so something as hot as a Lightsaber may spell trouble.

I'll assume Adamantium can withstand Lightsabers. Grievous and Wolverine are on par speedwise, Grievous has more angles of attack and any one hit will hurt Wolverine badly.

However Wolverine can use a strategy where he takes a hit on purpose, to get a chance at slicing Grievous, Grievous won't expect decapitations or limb cutting to not work so this strategy should get him the majority.

Movie Logan wasn't all that fast either. I actually can't think of any speed feats for him. He just attacks with Hugh Jackman level speed.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

The nuke was just basically backwash from miles away, at the bottom of a well, and only managed to scar the guy he was shielding when a person of the flames got to him, so it wasn't that impressive, except in that he apparently remained conscious while his entire body was as broiled at once.

Even if his adamantium completely no-sells the lightsabers, I don't know how movie Logan's healing factor will deal with wounds that, canonically, are instantly cauterized

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Movie Logan wasn't all that fast either. I actually can't think of any speed feats for him. He just attacks with Hugh Jackman level speed.
    He swats arrows out of the air repeatedly while notably below his full capacity in The Wolverine, if that helps.