Default The X-Men Break Up and Become Superheroes

During a big battle between the X-Men and a powerful alien telepath, mutant telepaths channelled the collective will of the human race to repel the threat. In the process, the entire human race abruptly lost all fear and hostility towards mutants, and now simply see mutants as superheroes or supervillains depending on their behavior. In the absence of anti-mutant sentiment, the X-Men drift apart, seeking lives of their own amidst the rest of the human race.

1. Pick an X-Man.
    2. Pick a geographical area for this X-Man to patrol as a solo superhero.
    3. A superhero usually has a secret identity, in order to protect their loved ones and give themselves a chance to relax when not actively fighting crime. Does this former X-Man now have a secret identity?
    4. How does this former X-Man make a living? Civilian job for the secret identity?
    5. Choose an existing Marvel villain to become this hero's arch-nemesis.

I think Nightcrawler, being Central European and with his penchant for all things gypsy, would make a great hero of the people in Latveria. The arch-nemesis is pretty obvious, but it’s less in the sense of serious enmity (at least on Kurt’s side) and huge fights (because he’d lose) but more in the sense of daring raids into Castle Doom, hiding in the shadows in the books and crannies of the Castle and sneaking out to stymie Doom’s plans, while Vic gets more and more frustrated. He doesn’t have one secret identity - he flicks from one face to another using his image inducer (now enhanced by Reed Richards to prevent Doom from disabling it) and hides in plain sight among the Latverian people as a folk hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I think Nightcrawler, being Central European and with his penchant for all things gypsy, would make a great hero of the people in Latveria. The arch-nemesis is pretty obvious, but it’s less in the sense of serious enmity (at least on Kurt’s side) and huge fights (because he’d lose) but more in the sense of daring raids into Castle Doom, hiding in the shadows in the books and crannies of the Castle and sneaking out to stymie Doom’s plans, while Vic gets more and more frustrated. He doesn’t have one secret identity - he flicks from one face to another using his image inducer (now enhanced by Reed Richards to prevent Doom from disabling it) and hides in plain sight among the Latverian people as a folk hero.
    i would read this tbh.

I'm guessing guys like Beast and Angel might go back to other super teams like the Avengers.

Cyclops goes off into a rural place (with jean of course), to find new meaning in life or whatever. Maybe he realizes that Mr. Sinister is still out there being an *******, and re-emerges to fight him. If anyone is his Archnemesis i think its sinister.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Books make excellent hiding spots for folk heroes :P
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Books make excellent hiding spots for folk heroes :P
    I know, I know. XD.

I saw the typo, but once moonknight11 had quoted it, I couldn’t go back and correct it!

Also, I always thought there was the potential for a great Three Musketeers story using X-Men.

Nightcrawler as Athos (I realise it’s Aramis that’s the priest, but.... creative license), Gambit as Aramis, Beast as Porthos and Longshot as the naive D’Artagnan.

You could go for Rev. William Stryker as Cardinal Richelieu, and maybe someone like Andreas Strucker (Swordsman) as Rochefort.

Mystique is the obvious Milady, although... hmmm... her and Nightcrawler’s relationship would be all sorts of weird then. Maybe that bit needs more thought. Maybe Emma Frost?