Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Wolverine vs General Grievous

Movie versions of both.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

i'd give good odds on logan.

just be glad it's not genndy grievous.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

How is movie adamantium for durability? I can't recall any really significant feats for it to make me think something that can cut through a blast door couldn't cut through it. I haven't seen the later Wolverine movies though. In any case, I feel like he's probably not getting in close to Grievous without getting slashed up pretty bad, which should be able to ten count him.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    How is movie adamantium for durability? I can't recall any really significant feats for it to make me think something that can cut through a blast door couldn't cut through it. I haven't seen the later Wolverine movies though. In any case, I feel like he's probably not getting in close to Grievous without getting slashed up pretty bad, which should be able to ten count him.
    It's always portrayed as indestructible. Logan's claws trivially slice through Magneto's machine in X1. They terrify a dude who literally no-sells a tank shot at point-blank range.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

The winner of this fight solely depends on how well Logan can take a lightsaber hit. I don’t think there’s enough on screen evidence to accurately answer that. We don’t know how adamantium compares to metal used in Star Wars nor do we know how admantium reacts when hit with a lightsaber like weaponry.
    Last edited by Arsenal; 08-14-2019 at 05:54 AM.

Movie Wolverine has taken fire, energy blasts, blades, bullets and blunt impact - all to a high degree - without any damage whatsoever to his adamantium. I fail to see how a lightsaber could possibly be perceived as doing anything to it.

And the fact that he recovered fairly quickly, without his adamantium skeleton, after protecting someone from the effects of the Nagasaki atomic bombing, as well as from a group of men emptying their guns on him, would suggest there's very little Grievous could do to ten count him when he DOES have his adamantium skeleton.

Stomp for Logan.