View Poll Results: Do you prefer BatCat or another ship?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • BatCat

    42 68.85%
  • Another Batship

    19 31.15%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 77
  1. #61
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Other than Diana, who exactly are you referring to that was sullied to make BatCat look better?
    Ruining Talia is mostly Morrison's fault, but I still think what King did with Talia was racist and completely unnecessary.

  2. #62
    Incredible Member Blue22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    It amazes me that people think permanently pairing off a character will ruin them as opposed to all the other dumb decisions the Big 2 are making.
    ^This^
    Batman would be FAR from the only superhero to get married and still maintain who they are. Shit, everything from the comics to more mainstream media has been hammering in Selina as his one true love for years. At this point, why not just make it official?

    Why should Batman getting married be any different from Superman, Spiderman, Reed and Sue, Scott and Jean, Luke and Jessica, Storm and T'Challa, etc? All heroes who are or have been married for years and weren't "ruined" by it.
    Last edited by Blue22; 08-16-2019 at 12:59 PM.

  3. #63
    Astonishing Member BatmanJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    3,345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    ^This^
    Batman would be FAR from the only superhero to get married and still maintain who they are. Shit, everything from the comics to more mainstream media has been hammering in Selina as his one true love for years. At this point, why not just make it official?

    Why should Batman getting married any different from Superman, Spiderman, Reed and Sue, Scott and Jean, Luke and Jessica, Storm and T'Challa, etc? All heroes who are or have been married for years and weren't "ruined" by it.
    First I'd say Batman is very different from each of those other characters in the way he typically seems emotionally unavailable.

    Second I'll say that that's what makes King's run and the prospect of a Bat-Cat marriage so interesting to me.

    After 80 years it's hard to tell a 'new' Batman story but if he were to marry it would open up all sorts of new possibilities story-wise. I'm really rooting for it.

  4. #64
    Mighty Member KangMiRae's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    The sea!
    Posts
    1,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    ^This^
    Batman would be FAR from the only superhero to get married and still maintain who they are. Shit, everything from the comics to more mainstream media has been hammering in Selina as his one true love for years. At this point, why not just make it official?

    Why should Batman getting married be any different from Superman, Spiderman, Reed and Sue, Scott and Jean, Luke and Jessica, Storm and T'Challa, etc? All heroes who are or have been married for years and weren't "ruined" by it.
    Only, like, 2 of those couples have been married for longóand Reed & Sue were written into each other's characters.
    Admiral of a fleet of shipsórelationships!
    Comicbooks are nothing to me without ships and romance!

  5. #65
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    174

    Default

    The only thing about the prospect of a BatCat "marriage," is that he says the big change (if that's what it is) isn't happening until the final issue of their maxi.

    So, even if they do marry in it, we basically won't see them married unless a new writer wants to continue with them as married, which I seriously doubt. If he wanted to solidify their marriage in any way, he would have had to do it himself in the main line.

    The way this is going, theoretically it's going to be pretty easy for him to marry them at the end of their special series, and for anyone else writing Batman to completely ignore that that ever happened. Isn't it?

  6. #66
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    The way this is going, theoretically it's going to be pretty easy for him to marry them at the end of their special series, and for anyone else writing Batman to completely ignore that that ever happened. Isn't it?
    He's writing a new Batman/Catwoman series that drops next year.

    BatCat for me. I'm coming at it from a Selina angle, though, so I'd say CatBat

    I can see the annoyance with King's Batman run, with his storytelling tics and so much character-focus that it reads like melodrama. But from a CatBat viewpoint, there are some single-issue stories that, if you forget all the padding around them, feel like key issues for The Cat (dramatic music). Not because of the way he writes Selina, which is ok, but I'm not too fond of (Jones' wordless 44 is the my fav Cat story in the run), but because of the way he writes Batman. I've never understood what she saw in him until now.

    I get it now. I really get it. I demand a series reissue with Catwoman on the cover. Or maybe Catwoman's Boyfriend? How does that sound?

    Big circling loop. Or their own book. I'd go with that.

    Just wish Jones was in on it too. Her Catwoman run isn't being the best received, but I think she has her claws in Selina in the same way King has his talons in Batman (do bats have talons?)
    Last edited by Frances; 08-16-2019 at 02:04 PM.

  7. #67
    Astonishing Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    4,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frances View Post
    He's writing a new Batman/Catwoman series that drops next year.

    BatCat for me. I'm coming at it from a Selina angle, though, so I'd say CatBat

    I can see the annoyance with King's Batman run, with his storytelling tics and so much character-focus that it reads like melodrama. But from a CatBat viewpoint, there are some single-issue stories that, if you forget all the padding around them, feel like key issues for The Cat (dramatic music). Not because of the way he writes Selina, which is ok, but I'm not too fond of (Jones' wordless 44 is the my fav Cat story in the run), but because of the way he writes Batman. I've never understood what she saw in him until now.

    I get it now. I really get it. I demand a series reissue with Catwoman on the cover. Or maybe Catwoman's Boyfriend? How does that sound?

    Big circling loop. Or their own book. I'd go with that.

    Just wish Jones was in on it too. Her Catwoman run isn't being the best received, but I think she has her claws in Selina in the same way King has his talons in Batman (do bats have talons?)
    Claws for bats.

  8. #68
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,021

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I wanna see big brother Damian, dammit! And who better fits the spot than Helena?
    Eh, we'd get some pretty adorable panels and pages out of that, but I don't really see it being worth it. I mean, a baby doesn't really add much to superhero stories, acting more as an object or motive for other characters than actually being a character. Just feel like it'd bring more restraints than possibilities. I mean Damian would become as old as Dick is now by the time she's old enough to be interesting in her own right.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Yeah, honestly, I'm mostly in favor of Helena being a thing because it'd probably bring out a side of Damian and Bruce that we've never seen before. I can deal with her being nothing more than a baby for a decade or so until DC's next big time skip or she gets artificially aged up (whichever comes first).

    Course, another alternative would be for them to pull a Dragonball Z and have both the infant Helena and a time displaced teenage or adult Helena, heroing it up in the present (as either Huntress, Batgirl, Batwoman, Robin, or some new identity).

    There are a couple of ways they could go about doing this.
    Eh, artificially aging up doesn't seem to work well, look at some Superman fans and the whole Jon thing. And if the baby ages naturally that's just going to to further mess with every other member of the Batfam's continuity since they/Batman can't get too old. And the time travel thing feels like a temporary gimmick at best.

    Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I just want Bruce and Selina to marry and start a family. I don't expect ever to see a 'main-earth' Helena Wayne Huntress in action, except in stories about possible futures. It's more of a fan service thing that I'd want their daughter (if they have one) to be called Helena.

    I want the original Helena Wayne (and Earth-Two Richard Grayson Robin) back in the worst way. I'm still smarting over their deaths in CoIE and over the deletion of Earth-Two in general. I'm very happy the JSA is coming back but I REALLY hope they come back with their own earth intact.
    That's fair enough I guess. Though CoIE is a long time to still be nursing a hurt.

    Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    I like the idea of Spider-Man getting married and even having a kid (to a degree), but I hate the idea of Batman having a baby. The Robins and Batgirls are enough for me.
    Disagree with Spider-Man and agree with Batman. And even then, there's probably too many Robins and Batgirls as is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Because if I can I want everyone and everything in one Earth, as I'll never pick a book about another Earth when this Earth is complicated enough and spread through many different books as it is.
    Sounds like it'd lead to an even more crowded and messy continuity than it already is, and I think having different Earths is one of DC's best aspects, but that's just me.

  9. #69
    Ultimate Member Sacred Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    16,228

    Default

    Lots of different pairings for Batman have held some semblance of interest for me in the past (NOT Wonder Woman, absolute trainwreck everywhere), Selina is still my favorite.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

    "Now why don't we step up here and everybody get stepped up, and let's get some stepped up personal space up in this place." - Phillip Jacobs

  10. #70
    BANNED Beaddle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    564

    Default

    Isn't Catwoman similar to emma frost as a character, this question is for KangMiRae. Are Batcat any different from Cyclops and Emma Frost from X-Men.

    Persoanlly I am tired of romantic pairings but of all his love interests. he and catwoman go together well the most.

  11. #71
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Claws for bats.
    Ah, there we go, then. Purrfect for one another.

  12. #72
    Astonishing Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    2,969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Sounds like it'd lead to an even more crowded and messy continuity than it already is, and I think having different Earths is one of DC's best aspects, but that's just me.
    It does if we use all of them, but that's why I said "if I can", and Helena is one of those that's definitely we can use since it's a future setup, not a convoluted past

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    Isn't Catwoman similar to emma frost as a character, this question is for KangMiRae. Are Batcat any different from Cyclops and Emma Frost from X-Men.
    I don't know much about Emma but she gives a more Talia al Ghul vibe than Selina.

  13. #73
    Mighty Member KangMiRae's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    The sea!
    Posts
    1,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    Isn't Catwoman similar to emma frost as a character, this question is for KangMiRae. Are Batcat any different from Cyclops and Emma Frost from X-Men.

    Persoanlly I am tired of romantic pairings but of all his love interests. he and catwoman go together well the most.
    In what way do you think they're similar? I'm asking this about both the Emma/Selina comparison and the Scemma/BatCat comparison. I'm not disagreeing, I actually kinda want more clarification to come up with an answer I believe. What made the Cyclops x Emma Frost relationship so enticing for me was the initial nasty way they were brought together that grew into something sweet, and the fact that she was a great progression for Scott from Jean. (Note, I still adore Jean and Cyclops x Jean )

    Bruce never really had to progress from someone else to Selina the way Scott progressed from Jean to Emma. Hell, the more I think about this and write it out, I think it's time Bruce progressed from Selina to someone else like Scott did.
    Admiral of a fleet of shipsórelationships!
    Comicbooks are nothing to me without ships and romance!

  14. #74
    Mighty Member KangMiRae's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    The sea!
    Posts
    1,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Disagree with Spider-Man and agree with Batman. And even then, there's probably too many Robins and Batgirls as is.
    Agreed 100%! I know people all have their favorites, but I really hate how there are too many of these characters now, it makes the importance of them all diluted. Honestly, outside of Dick, Babs, Jason, and Tim, I don't care for nor like any of the others. Yes, that includes Damien.
    Admiral of a fleet of shipsórelationships!
    Comicbooks are nothing to me without ships and romance!

  15. #75
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    352

    Default

    The only way bat/cat can ever become a reality is if she reforms like she did in the golden age. But the modern character is so different and society is as well people will say that she doe not need to change or at least compromise only the man does. I see that toxic idea around on all types of relationships real or imagined

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •