View Poll Results: Do you prefer BatCat or another ship?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • BatCat

42 66.67%
  • Another Batship

21 33.33%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Selina definitely. The rest are either designed with a clear ending in mind (Silver, Andrea, Sasha) or are terrible/boring.

For Dick, Babs is my preference. I'm a 90s kid and I liked them a lot in the cartoons. To the point that coming into the comics later and finding out that they are NOT the same age and never dated as Robin and Batgirl seemed strange to me. I do like Kory a lot too though, so she's my second favorite option for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    I don't care about Selina and I don't care about batcat.
    You are a mountain and I respect that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I'm a 90's kid, so BatCat has always been my pairing. Not that I don't mind seeing other pairings pop up in other media or outside main continuity stories (hell, I even have my own fanfic Elseworld idea where Bat and Harley become a thing after Joker kills Cat and Ivy), but for regular mainstream continuity it's always gotta be Catwoman for Batman.
    This is a weird one since she's done some horrible things, but so has Talia so why not?

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    This is a weird one since she's done some horrible things, but so has Talia so why not?
    You mean the Harley fanfic idea? Well yeah, but it's supposed to be a bombastic elseworld type story that could never happen in continuity akin to say White Knight, so I figured why not. I figured using the deaths of Catwoman and Poison Ivy as catalysts you could see Bruce and Harley coming together in their grief (nothing like two people hurting and seeking solace to smooth out some things). Plus the death of Ivy is the one thing Harley could never forgive Joker for. And unlike a lot of Harley's stories and appearances with good guys in recent years this would actually acknowledge that she's done some horrible things and a whole lot of people rightfully giving her hell for it (unlike say the Injustice books...).

Another idea I had for the scenario is after pushing Bruce to the edge, and setting up the final battle with the Joker, instead of killing him Batman effectively kills his spirit instead. Just totally breaks Joker's whole persona and mind with a few well placed arguments and revelations. And then Harley breaks the Joker's body.

It still needs a lot more meat before it could make for an effective story, but it's been a fun little scenario to play around with.

Batman: none. It's antithetical to the character.

Bruce Wayne: the crazier, the better. Talia is an obvious badass. There's also Nocturna, for those early '80s kids who remember Bruce's best love-life era. Or Silver St. Cloud, which continues a long tradition of Bruce dating women whose occupation is "socialite" and who later get murdered. A LOT of Bruce's girlfriends have been murdered over the years, probably in the double digits actually.

Fantastic Member mikelmcknight72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I'm fine with BatCat. In part because I do want a Helena Wayne down the line.
    So very much this, though I'd ideally ALSO want a JSA Infinity Earth 2 with an adult Helena Wayne as well.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Honestly, as a kid, I didn't like BatCat because it annoyed me that the only female villain has to fall in love with the hero. Even as a kid noticed that it's a thing. A trope.
    I became fine with it once I found out about Harley and Ivy.
    Then overtime all the parallel, the contrast, the tension. Burton's Batman Returns did a really good job convincing me that they're a tragic pair and The Autobiography of Bruce Wayne shows why they fit each other. So be they a tragic pair or a happy one they can make a good story.

What with everyone wanting Helena Wayne to show up in this continuity? I mean she'd be a baby until artificially aged. Makes no sense. It'd work better just to have another earth with a grown Helena again than her coming out of any current story romance between these versions of Bruce and Selena...

What with everyone wanting Helena Wayne to show up in this continuity? I mean she'd be a baby until artificially aged. Makes no sense. It'd work better just to have another earth with a grown Helena again than her coming out of any current story romance between these versions of Bruce and Selena...
    I wanna see big brother Damian, dammit! And who better fits the spot than Helena?

I'm feeling kinda optimistic that we will see Helena eventually.

I could see Tom kings big status quo shift either being baby Helena or an actual bat/cat marriage

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I wanna see big brother Damian, dammit! And who better fits the spot than Helena?
    Yeah, honestly, I'm mostly in favor of Helena being a thing because it'd probably bring out a side of Damian and Bruce that we've never seen before. I can deal with her being nothing more than a baby for a decade or so until DC's next big time skip or she gets artificially aged up (whichever comes first).

Course, another alternative would be for them to pull a Dragonball Z and have both the infant Helena and a time displaced teenage or adult Helena, heroing it up in the present (as either Huntress, Batgirl, Batwoman, Robin, or some new identity).

There are a couple of ways they could go about doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by cgh View Post

Bruce Wayne: the crazier, the better. Talia is an obvious badass. There's also Nocturna, for those early '80s kids who remember Bruce's best love-life era. Or Silver St. Cloud, which continues a long tradition of Bruce dating women whose occupation is "socialite" and who later get murdered. A LOT of Bruce's girlfriends have been murdered over the years, probably in the double digits actually.
    Loved Nocturna and loved Silver St. Cloud even more.

Still on the Bat-Cat train though.

I just want Bruce and Selina to marry and start a family. I don't expect ever to see a 'main-earth' Helena Wayne Huntress in action, except in stories about possible futures. It's more of a fan service thing that I'd want their daughter (if they have one) to be called Helena.

I want the original Helena Wayne (and Earth-Two Richard Grayson Robin) back in the worst way. I'm still smarting over their deaths in CoIE and over the deletion of Earth-Two in general. I'm very happy the JSA is coming back but I REALLY hope they come back with their own earth intact.

Quote Originally Posted by cgh View Post

See, normally I'd be all for him having a love interest that he connected with as Bruce Wayne and not as Batman. I always like when heroes have civilian love interests. But...I just don't think that would work for Bruce, in the long run. No normal woman would ever put up with the fact that they'll always be second fiddle to his life as Batman. They should be third fiddle, honestly, but Bruce has already shown that his love life is more important to him than his children. Particularly the one that is actually his child.

Mighty Member

Bruce/Vicki Vale anyone? She should be prominent again like she was in the late 80s early 90s