View Poll Results: Do you prefer BatCat or another ship?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • BatCat

42 66.67%
  • Another Batship

21 33.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Do you prefer BatCat or another pairing?

I saw this question asked somwhere else and I'm just curious: Do you prefer Batman with Catwoman or someone else?

There's so much history between Catwoman and Batman yet I can't seem to find Selina not boring as a wet towel. I think Batman should be with someone other than Catwoman.

Also, has your opinion on them changed since Tom King's run? For better or for worse?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

BatCat. Doesn't have to be married.

BatCat forever. And I hope they do get married and have a little Huntress.

Dick Grayson is a little more difficult but, though I love the Starfire relationship, I want to see him with Barbara Gordon.

I'm fine with BatCat. In part because I do want a Helena Wayne down the line.

Mighty Member

BatCat all the way

but

I don't like how Tom King is writing them
    The thing that bothers me the most is them calling each other "Bat" and "Cat"
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    BatCat all the way

but

Why don't they use each other's name? It's kind of obnoxious how often they use their persona handles.

BatCat all the way

but

This is how I feel as well.

King's dialogue has been dreadful since the beginning of his run though but this Bat and Cat nonsense needs to stop.

Fantastic Member mikelmcknight72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I'm fine with BatCat. In part because I do want a Helena Wayne down the line.
    So very much this, though I'd ideally ALSO want a JSA Infinity Earth 2 with an adult Helena Wayne as well.

Honestly, as a kid, I didn't like BatCat because it annoyed me that the only female villain has to fall in love with the hero. Even as a kid noticed that it's a thing. A trope.
    I became fine with it once I found out about Harley and Ivy.
    Then overtime all the parallel, the contrast, the tension. Burton's Batman Returns did a really good job convincing me that they're a tragic pair and The Autobiography of Bruce Wayne shows why they fit each other. So be they a tragic pair or a happy one they can make a good story.

What with everyone wanting Helena Wayne to show up in this continuity? I mean she'd be a baby until artificially aged. Makes no sense. It'd work better just to have another earth with a grown Helena again than her coming out of any current story romance between these versions of Bruce and Selena...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post

Dick Grayson is a little more difficult but, though I love the Starfire relationship, I want to see him with Barbara Gordon.
    I used to be a Dick/Barbara fan
    after reading the Wolfman run Titans comics, I became a Dick/Kory fan
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

I'm a 90's kid, so BatCat has always been my pairing. Not that I don't mind seeing other pairings pop up in other media or outside main continuity stories (hell, I even have my own fanfic Elseworld idea where Bat and Harley become a thing after Joker kills Cat and Ivy), but for regular mainstream continuity it's always gotta be Catwoman for Batman.

I used to be a Dick/Barbara fan
    after reading the Wolfman run Titans comics, I became a Dick/Kory fan
    I became a Dick/Kory fan because of outside media - Teen Titans cartoon, the new 52~ish animated movies continuity, live action Titans series kind of a bit. Hell I half suspect Starfire to swoop into the next season of Young Justice and sweep Dick off his feet.

I kinda like Batman/Catwoman.

My first choice will never actually happen though unless Dini took charge of batman. So its good enough for me! I'm excited to see how King's story ends for Batman and Catwoman.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I'm a 90's kid, so BatCat has always been my pairing. Not that I don't mind seeing other pairings pop up in other media or outside main continuity stories (hell, I even have my own fanfic Elseworld idea where Bat and Harley become a thing after Joker kills Cat and Ivy), but for regular mainstream continuity it's always gotta be Catwoman for Batman.
    This is a weird one since she's done some horrible things, but so has Talia so why not?

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post

Oh, wait, nevermind. I do want Helena Wayne.