View Poll Results: Do you prefer BatCat or another ship?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • BatCat

42 66.67%
  • Another Batship

21 33.33%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Spectacular Member TravelerInTheDark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    I can't seem to find Selina not boring as a wet towel. I think Batman should be with someone other than Catwoman.
    I recommend you read some Catwoman then, as that is most decidedly a very unpopular opinion amongst the well-read. Try Brubaker, Cooke, or Valentine.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
    Unless she gets magically aged up? I don't think so. DC has no use for infants and Bruce isn't allowed to get old.
    They already have Damian. DC only has a problem when the kids grow up to much or if the kids start making babies of their own, like Roy and Wally, because the League will be in the grandpa generation unofficially.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    They already have Damian. DC only has a problem when the kids grow up to much or if the kids start making babies of their own, like Roy and Wally, because the League will be in the grandpa generation unofficially.
    Then she would be stuck as a baby for all eternity. Considering how few writers at dc seem to be interested in writing Bruce as a father these days I'm not sure how well that work.
    Last edited by Ansa; 08-14-2019 at 01:18 AM.

Other women with Batman por favor !

I used to not liking the pairing much, even if I knew it was iconic, to liking it early in King's run, but conceptually, he touched on things I like about Batman and extending them to Selina. But it went downhill pretty quick and now I can't stand the two together, in my eyes they are as toxic to each others as the Joker is to Harley. It's not helped by the fact that of all the stories with Selina in that I read, my favorite was definitively her becoming a crime boss, which isn't exactly compatible with Bruce's way of life and vision of his mission.

Hopefully, whatever scheme King has for a generational change with Batman won't involve the two of them, and if it is the it'll be so reviled that it'll be retconed really quick. I hope, at least.

I used to be really into Talia and Bruce being together. But after....certain events I've accepted that that relationship is completely unsalvageable.

I used to be against BatCat mostly because of how obvious it is. But the more I read it, the more I stopped caring about that. Those two just really...click. They work really well together and genuinely love each other, no matter who's writing them. Now I can't think anyone else who'd be better for Bruce. They might as well be endgame since she's probably the only woman who would ever accept the fact that being Batman comes before everything else in his life xD

Extraordinary Member

I also preferred the classic pre-Morrison relationship with Talia. But this decade that relationship has been destroyed past the point of no return.

In the DCAU I liked Batman/Wonder Woman, but I've never cared for them in the comics.

As for Bat/Cat, I never cared for it beyond them being animals whose names rhymed. It doesn't destroy the story, but it doesn't add any additional appeal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I'm pretty neutral on any bat-pairing because WonderBat shall never be; only in my heart.
    King should've had Bruce sleep with Diana while he had the chance. NO BACKBONE ON THAT MAN
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 08-14-2019 at 04:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TravelerInTheDark View Post
    I recommend you read some Catwoman then, as that is most decidedly a very unpopular opinion amongst the well-read. Try Brubaker, Cooke, or Valentine.
    I'd have to be tricked into reading something with Catwoman focus 'cause she's such a draaaaaaaaaaaaaag.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Other women with Batman por favor !
    He's had some better love interests, hasn't he?
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 08-14-2019 at 04:38 AM.

mumbles Superbat. They have more chemistry than any of the Batromatic pairing/story I've ever read.
    Outside of my never gonna happen Superbat shipI don't favour anyother particular Batship. They are pretty much all the same. King's run is the first time I've enjoyed a Batromance story and it's all for the crackness of it. So bad it's good.

I'm cool with any ship aside from Talia. [Agree with Morrison when he said she's out of his league] I like Talia as a SuperVillian. Hate her being lovesick over Batman.

I voted for Batcat. She's local, she's the one I'm most familiar with and she leads to Helena. I really loved Helena's relationship with Damian. It was brief but nice. He really loved having a sister and just kept calling her his sister over and over like he was Super proud of the fact.

Damian needs a little sister so Batcat.

Fantastic Member

I don't care much for "Ships" in general, and I find both Bruce/Selina and Dick/Barbara to be overrated pairings.

I don't need to see Batman in a long term relationship, but sadly, I know that they'll eventually scratch that itch and have him be with Catwoman for good. They've spent the last two decades wrecking or undermining any other viable options.

Incredible Member

I don't care about Selina and I don't care about batcat.

Incredible Member

Either with Talia or with Julie Madison. I wasn't crazy about Catwoman to being with a King has gone overboard with this character.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    BatCat all the way

but

I don't like how Tom King is writing them
    The thing that bothers me the most is them calling each other "Bat" and "Cat"
    This is how I feel as well.

King's dialogue has been dreadful since the beginning of his run though but this Bat and Cat nonsense needs to stop.

I'm a 90's kid, so BatCat has always been my pairing. Not that I don't mind seeing other pairings pop up in other media or outside main continuity stories (hell, I even have my own fanfic Elseworld idea where Bat and Harley become a thing after Joker kills Cat and Ivy), but for regular mainstream continuity it's always gotta be Catwoman for Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    I used to be a Dick/Barbara fan
    after reading the Wolfman run Titans comics, I became a Dick/Kory fan
    I became a Dick/Kory fan because of outside media - Teen Titans cartoon, the new 52~ish animated movies continuity, live action Titans series kind of a bit. Hell I half suspect Starfire to swoop into the next season of Young Justice and sweep Dick off his feet.

I kinda like Batman/Catwoman.

My first choice will never actually happen though unless Dini took charge of batman. So its good enough for me! I'm excited to see how King's story ends for Batman and Catwoman.