View Poll Results: Do you prefer BatCat or another ship?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • BatCat

42 66.67%
  • Another Batship

21 33.33%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    What with everyone wanting Helena Wayne to show up in this continuity? I mean she'd be a baby until artificially aged. Makes no sense. It'd work better just to have another earth with a grown Helena again than her coming out of any current story romance between these versions of Bruce and Selena...
    I like the idea of Spider-Man getting married and even having a kid (to a degree), but I hate the idea of Batman having a baby. The Robins and Batgirls are enough for me.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    What with everyone wanting Helena Wayne to show up in this continuity? I mean she'd be a baby until artificially aged. Makes no sense. It'd work better just to have another earth with a grown Helena again than her coming out of any current story romance between these versions of Bruce and Selena...
    Because if I can I want everyone and everything in one Earth, as I'll never pick a book about another Earth when this Earth is complicated enough and spread through many different books as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Bruce/Vicki Vale anyone? She should be prominent again like she was in the late 80s early 90s
    I quite like Vicki Vale. But when both Superman and Flash have reporter love interests. I'm not too sure adding Bruce to the mix adds much.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    I like the idea of Spider-Man getting married and even having a kid (to a degree), but I hate the idea of Batman having a baby. The Robins and Batgirls are enough for me.
    I feel a similar way. He already has all those children he is supposed to take care of but doesn't, I don't need another one.

Other than elseworld's or possible futures he shouldn't ever be permanently paired with just one.
    If you are a demanding fan or worse a creator who wants to see that as the main ongoing, you are the main problem, and need to step away before you ruin the character for the next gen.
    Last edited by Güicho; 08-15-2019 at 08:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Other than elseworld's or possible futures he shouldn't ever be permanently paired with just one.
    If you are a demanding fan or worse a creator who wants to see that as the main ongoing, you are the main problem, and need to step away before you ruin the character for the next gen.
    Next gen? At the rate that comics are going under compared to all other forms of media where characters are allowed to advance? Please.

Astonishing Member

I just roll with it at this point.

Prior to her character assassination, I used to think that Talia would've been the perfect partner to Bruce because of the way she picked him up off the street after he let himself get beat up by muggers and gave him a much needed pep talk before he returned to Gotham during NML. At that point, she just got him and encouraged him to be the best version of himself.

Tom King is literally the first writer since the Bronze Age that actually managed to convince me that Brulina is a thing that can work and work well.

But there's also Silver St. Cloud, too.

Like I said, I've been reading comics long enough that I pretty much just roll with it.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

BANNED

Definitely BatCat

Batman and Powergirl. Make it happen, DC.

I do agree with this. Comic characters don't have one true love. Creators should be allowed to create. This Batman run has illustrated how toxic and detrimental the whole getting too into shipping fictional characters can be.

The fact that the writer felt the need to drag several other love interests just too ruin them/use them to prop up BatCat is tacky and smacks of desperation. Are Batcat shippers that insecure? Sure she's no Amazon and she's not a well educated high born princess but that doesn't mean that she needs elevation.

Next up is the 1st lady Bruce ever wanted to marry [of his own free will] lets watch

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    See, normally I'd be all for him having a love interest that he connected with as Bruce Wayne and not as Batman. I always like when heroes have civilian love interests. But...I just don't think that would work for Bruce, in the long run. No normal woman would ever put up with the fact that they'll always be second fiddle to his life as Batman. They should be third fiddle, honestly, but Bruce has already shown that his love life is more important to him than his children. Particularly the one that is actually his child.
    When did bruce become a deadbeat? And we thought Tom was just joking when he said Batman kills babies. lol. There is truth to his humour

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I do agree with this. Comic characters don't have one true love. Creators should be allowed to create. This Batman run has illustrated how toxic and detrimental the whole getting too into shipping fictional characters can be.

The fact that the writer felt the need to drag several other love interests just too ruin them/use them to prop up BatCat is tacky and smacks of desperation. Are Batcat shippers that insecure? Sure she's no Amazon and she's not a well educated high born princess but that doesn't mean that she needs elevation.

Next up is the 1st lady Bruce ever wanted to marry [of his own free will] lets watch
    Other than Diana, who exactly are you referring to that was sullied to make BatCat look better?

When did bruce become a deadbeat?
    Sometime before the start of Rebirth apparently xD

Kinda up there with Goku and Superman as far as uncaring parents go lol

It amazes me that people think permanently pairing off a character will ruin them as opposed to all the other dumb decisions the Big 2 are making.

Then again, that same writer also split up Bruce and Selina.