View Poll Results: Do you prefer BatCat or another ship?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • BatCat

    42 67.74%
  • Another Batship

    20 32.26%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 77
  1. #46
    Mighty Member KangMiRae's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    The sea!
    Posts
    1,514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    What with everyone wanting Helena Wayne to show up in this continuity? I mean she'd be a baby until artificially aged. Makes no sense. It'd work better just to have another earth with a grown Helena again than her coming out of any current story romance between these versions of Bruce and Selena...
    I like the idea of Spider-Man getting married and even having a kid (to a degree), but I hate the idea of Batman having a baby. The Robins and Batgirls are enough for me.
    Admiral of a fleet of shipsórelationships!
    Comicbooks are nothing to me without ships and romance!

  2. #47
    Astonishing Member Restingvoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    3,327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    What with everyone wanting Helena Wayne to show up in this continuity? I mean she'd be a baby until artificially aged. Makes no sense. It'd work better just to have another earth with a grown Helena again than her coming out of any current story romance between these versions of Bruce and Selena...
    Because if I can I want everyone and everything in one Earth, as I'll never pick a book about another Earth when this Earth is complicated enough and spread through many different books as it is.

  3. #48
    Incredible Member Katana500's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    892

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Bruce/Vicki Vale anyone? She should be prominent again like she was in the late 80s early 90s
    I quite like Vicki Vale. But when both Superman and Flash have reporter love interests. I'm not too sure adding Bruce to the mix adds much.

  4. #49
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    I like the idea of Spider-Man getting married and even having a kid (to a degree), but I hate the idea of Batman having a baby. The Robins and Batgirls are enough for me.
    I feel a similar way. He already has all those children he is supposed to take care of but doesn't, I don't need another one.

  5. #50
    Astonishing Member GŁicho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,789

    Default

    Other than elseworld's or possible futures he shouldn't ever be permanently paired with just one.
    If you are a demanding fan or worse a creator who wants to see that as the main ongoing, you are the main problem, and need to step away before you ruin the character for the next gen.
    Last edited by GŁicho; 08-15-2019 at 08:03 AM.

  6. #51
    Astonishing Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    4,679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GŁicho View Post
    Other than elseworld's or possible futures he shouldn't ever be permanently paired with just one.
    If you are a demanding fan or worse a creator who wants to see that as the main ongoing, you are the main problem, and need to step away before you ruin the character for the next gen.
    Next gen? At the rate that comics are going under compared to all other forms of media where characters are allowed to advance? Please.

  7. #52
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,556

    Default

    I just roll with it at this point.

    Prior to her character assassination, I used to think that Talia would've been the perfect partner to Bruce because of the way she picked him up off the street after he let himself get beat up by muggers and gave him a much needed pep talk before he returned to Gotham during NML. At that point, she just got him and encouraged him to be the best version of himself.

    Tom King is literally the first writer since the Bronze Age that actually managed to convince me that Brulina is a thing that can work and work well.

    But there's also Silver St. Cloud, too.

    Like I said, I've been reading comics long enough that I pretty much just roll with it.
    His current approval rating is 34%, meaning 34% of Americans are still morons.

  8. #53
    Fantastic Member chipsnopotatoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    311

    Default

    Definitely BatCat

  9. #54
    Mighty Member KangMiRae's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    The sea!
    Posts
    1,514

    Default

    Batman and Powergirl. Make it happen, DC.
    Admiral of a fleet of shipsórelationships!
    Comicbooks are nothing to me without ships and romance!

  10. #55
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    7,910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GŁicho View Post
    Other than elseworld's or possible futures he shouldn't ever be permanently paired with just one.
    If you are a demanding fan or worse a creator who wants to see that as the main ongoing, you are the main problem, and need to step away before you ruin the character for the next gen.
    I do agree with this. Comic characters don't have one true love. Creators should be allowed to create. This Batman run has illustrated how toxic and detrimental the whole getting too into shipping fictional characters can be.

    The fact that the writer felt the need to drag several other love interests just too ruin them/use them to prop up BatCat is tacky and smacks of desperation. Are Batcat shippers that insecure? Sure she's no Amazon and she's not a well educated high born princess but that doesn't mean that she needs elevation.

    Next up is the 1st lady Bruce ever wanted to marry [of his own free will] lets watch

  11. #56
    Extraordinary Member dietrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    7,910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    See, normally I'd be all for him having a love interest that he connected with as Bruce Wayne and not as Batman. I always like when heroes have civilian love interests. But...I just don't think that would work for Bruce, in the long run. No normal woman would ever put up with the fact that they'll always be second fiddle to his life as Batman. They should be third fiddle, honestly, but Bruce has already shown that his love life is more important to him than his children. Particularly the one that is actually his child.
    When did bruce become a deadbeat? And we thought Tom was just joking when he said Batman kills babies. lol. There is truth to his humour

  12. #57
    Mighty Member KangMiRae's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    The sea!
    Posts
    1,514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I do agree with this. Comic characters don't have one true love. Creators should be allowed to create. This Batman run has illustrated how toxic and detrimental the whole getting too into shipping fictional characters can be.

    The fact that the writer felt the need to drag several other love interests just too ruin them/use them to prop up BatCat is tacky and smacks of desperation. Are Batcat shippers that insecure? Sure she's no Amazon and she's not a well educated high born princess but that doesn't mean that she needs elevation.

    Next up is the 1st lady Bruce ever wanted to marry [of his own free will] lets watch
    Other than Diana, who exactly are you referring to that was sullied to make BatCat look better?
    Admiral of a fleet of shipsórelationships!
    Comicbooks are nothing to me without ships and romance!

  13. #58
    Incredible Member Blue22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    When did bruce become a deadbeat?
    Sometime before the start of Rebirth apparently xD

    Kinda up there with Goku and Superman as far as uncaring parents go lol

  14. #59
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    20,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GŁicho View Post
    Other than elseworld's or possible futures he shouldn't ever be permanently paired with just one.
    If you are a demanding fan or worse a creator who wants to see that as the main ongoing, you are the main problem, and need to step away before you ruin the character for the next gen.
    It amazes me that people think permanently pairing off a character will ruin them as opposed to all the other dumb decisions the Big 2 are making.

  15. #60
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    20,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I do agree with this. Comic characters don't have one true love. Creators should be allowed to create. This Batman run has illustrated how toxic and detrimental the whole getting too into shipping fictional characters can be.

    The fact that the writer felt the need to drag several other love interests just too ruin them/use them to prop up BatCat is tacky and smacks of desperation. Are Batcat shippers that insecure? Sure she's no Amazon and she's not a well educated high born princess but that doesn't mean that she needs elevation.

    Next up is the 1st lady Bruce ever wanted to marry [of his own free will] lets watch
    Then again, that same writer also split up Bruce and Selina.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •