Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I'm really sick of symbiotes, so, no thanks.

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Scream is disappointing because I hate that design.

Why tease us with this, Marvel

It wouldn't fit Andi, but the original has that problem anyway

It's just not as good as the old one. Maybe it needs to be seen in action but it's not great.

The head's too big for the torso which makes it resemble a disproportionate doll. Scream also had claws to begin with so going with needle claws is silly. It also looks like somebody spilled something atop the torso. Faded coloring looks good, but too much of it and not enough details or design work and it looks too simple.
    While blobs of yellow on the original is just as simple, the spacing and color balance makes it still appealing to look at.

I feel like Andi's punk look should be incorporated into this somehow. It was with Mania and that would help give the design a bit more character. Otherwise it looks like a generic monster out of a 90's Spawn book.

She shouldn't look like Donna Diego, but at the same time it should've definitely taken some visual cues from it.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tv horror View Post
    Thank you Huntsman Spider that was a very informative answer.
    You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    I'll give both a fair go. Morbius is a character I like both conceptually and visually. The last series he had didn't exactly set the charts on fire, so hopefully this one is better received.

Scream is a true dark horse. Depends on who the host is. Right now, in the Absolute Carnage tie-in, it is Andi. That could change once it wraps up. But, if they do carry Andi over into this series, it is hard imagining anyone but Bunn writing her as she is his baby (hence why we have her in the current mini.) Still, I'm willing to give it a chance to impress me. If the book is going in a horror direction, than Chapman is their guy. Apart from Venomverse, he also did Iron Fist: Phantom Limb book which had demonic posession amidst other supernatural shenanigans.
    I should mention that right now, Scream is bonded with Patricia Robertson from Daniel Way's Venom series. Obviously, that'll change, given the news that the host for the ongoing Scream series is Andi, but for now . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Scream is disappointing because I hate that design.

Why tease us with this, Marvel

It wouldn't fit Andi, but the original has that problem anyway

She looks like the lovechild of Nightmare and Legion.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

I'll buy at least the first couple of Scream issues but probably not those of Morbius. His character has been bland for decades, IMO. If I hear good things about the Morbius series I might give it a read otherwise hard pass. I am excited for the new Scream to be given her chance to shine.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I read the first AC Scream Tie in.

Wasn't impressed.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I'll buy at least the first couple of Scream issues but probably not those of Morbius. His character has been bland for decades, IMO. If I hear good things about the Morbius series I might give it a read otherwise hard pass. I am excited for the new Scream to be given her chance to shine.
    I do wonder what Vita will do for him? You're right, the character is sort of in a rut. And while the last series had its problems, it left him seemingly in a much better mental space than he had been before. And this has been kept the same in most of his scant appearances since.

Of course, Morbius often makes the worst decisions anyone can make and he makes them repeatedly.

I do wonder what his new powers would be? Just make him more of a vampire or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I do wonder what Vita will do for him? You're right, the character is sort of in a rut. And while the last series had its problems, it left him seemingly in a much better mental space than he had been before. And this has been kept the same in most of his scant appearances since.

Of course, Morbius often makes the worst decisions anyone can make and he makes them repeatedly.

I do wonder what his new powers would be? Just make him more of a vampire or what?
    I maintain that a comic starring our favorite Fangface should focus on mad science and horror. Obviously Morbius has a history with the supernatural, but I think writers should embrace the fact that Morbius is a victim of mad science and push the book in that direction: abominations of nature rather than demons; wannabe Dr. Frankensteins rather than Mephisto and Blackheart.

Considering his ties to ARMOR, you could even potentially include Lovecraftian stories featuring other-dimensional horrors.

Also, Morbius needs to be competent. The last series really styled Morbius as a loser, and I don't think that's helpful to keeping readers. Morbius is a tragic figure, but he's also brilliant and powerful; when he makes "bad" decisions, it should be because his morality is skewed by his experiences, not because he's a fool.

A supporting cast and a rogues gallery wouldn't hurt, either. But it takes time to create those.

-Pav, who wishes he could reread the 90s Morbius series he used to own...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    I maintain that a comic starring our favorite Fangface should focus on mad science and horror. Obviously Morbius has a history with the supernatural, but I think writers should embrace the fact that Morbius is a victim of mad science and push the book in that direction: abominations of nature rather than demons; wannabe Dr. Frankensteins rather than Mephisto and Blackheart.

Considering his ties to ARMOR, you could even potentially include Lovecraftian stories featuring other-dimensional horrors.

Also, Morbius needs to be competent. The last series really styled Morbius as a loser, and I don't think that's helpful to keeping readers. Morbius is a tragic figure, but he's also brilliant and powerful; when he makes "bad" decisions, it should be because his morality is skewed by his experiences, not because he's a fool.

A supporting cast and a rogues gallery wouldn't hurt, either. But it takes time to create those.

-Pav, who wishes he could reread the 90s Morbius series he used to own...
    It does feel like they try and shoehorn him into supernatural stuff way too often. It works when he plays the straightman, but yeah, him being a scientist is always fun too. Because Morbius is a very smart guy.

I guess I feel like him being a "loser" has been a part of him for a long time. It is really hard not to read him as a fool and pathetic loser who keeps messing up, but you're right, this isn't doing much for bringing in new fans.

I really liked him in that Domino appearance, where he really is presented as something of an old pro who is quite competent and who does know sort of what he's doing. Heck, we even see him being quite the charmer, and yet he's also shown to be a practically inhuman predator.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    It's just not as good as the old one. Maybe it needs to be seen in action but it's not great.

The head's too big for the torso which makes it resemble a disproportionate doll. Scream also had claws to begin with so going with needle claws is silly. It also looks like somebody spilled something atop the torso. Faded coloring looks good, but too much of it and not enough details or design work and it looks too simple.
    While blobs of yellow on the original is just as simple, the spacing and color balance makes it still appealing to look at.

I feel like Andi's punk look should be incorporated into this somehow. It was with Mania and that would help give the design a bit more character. Otherwise it looks like a generic monster out of a 90's Spawn book.

She shouldn't look like Donna Diego, but at the same time it should've definitely taken some visual cues from it.
    The head is my only issue with it. Hopefully Mooneyham can make it work. I'd also extend the yellow with speckled black across her entire body. leaving the face fully black with white eyes (the red does not work.) Then again, since Andi is taking over, maybe they want it to be more demonic looking given the fact she still bears the hellfire mark.

Gosh I never thought I would suddenly care about scream so much! I hope we keep seeing her throughout the marvel u. She’s pretty cool

You know, in light of the recent Sony news, I suspect that Morbius book will probably get cancelled by Ike Perlmutter in retaliation and as a way to hurt the upcoming Sony Morbius movie. Only question to me is if it gets cancelled before the book even comes out.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdman3000 View Post
    You know, in light of the recent Sony news, I suspect that Morbius book will probably get cancelled by Ike Perlmutter in retaliation and as a way to hurt the upcoming Sony Morbius movie. Only question to me is if it gets cancelled before the book even comes out.
    It won't.

You know Sony owns the rights to Venom, right?

And yet Marvel is all in on hyping Venom as hard as they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    It won't.

You know Sony owns the rights to Venom, right?

And yet Marvel is all in on hyping Venom as hard as they can.
    Considering Perlmutter cancelled the Fantastic Four comics at one point just to spite Fox before the release of Fan4stic, I see no way he won’t go after Morbius, just to spite Sony over the fiasco from Tuesday.

Venom at least gives Disney quite a bit of merchandising money, as Disney owns the merchandising rights to Spider-Man, hence why Venom, Miles Morales, and Spider-Gwen are arguably safe. But in light of the Morbius movie Sony is making, I see no reason why Perlmutter would want to give Sony’s movie any advertising, knowing his previous actions.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdman3000 View Post
    I think the Morbius mini is fine. It was never meant to be an ongoing book, just something for Marvel to have ready for the movie. Depending on where it is on its creation, they may cut it down a few issues, but I don't think it will be completely cancelled. They do have Morbius appearing in the new Deadpool series, so we'll see how that goes.